Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASICS on board as apparel partner

Got my kids a new guernsey each today at the Kennel. Got them home and held them up against the BLK one.

It's a lot lighter than the BLK one. The blue, I mean. It had always struck me that the jumpers of the past 15-20 years have been a bit darker shade of blue than the old nylon-acrylic knitted ones. I'd put that down as an assumption that the 'glossiness' of the shinier nylon-polyester material meant that they'd compensated for the extra bit of light reflecting off the material by going a touch darker.

Expect a brighter blue next year. Seems somewhat fitting, really!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    At last check our colours were Red, White and Blue. Anything with the Grey in it looks like it belongs at the GWS Giants. I will be boycotting anything that is containing the Grey and I would urge everyone to do the same, not good enough and unsure why the club would have approved it.
    Agree. I have emailed ASICS about that too. Suggest others do too.

Post Thanks / Like

At last check our colours were Red, White and Blue. Anything with the Grey in it looks like it belongs at the GWS Giants. I will be boycotting anything that is containing the Grey and I would urge everyone to do the same, not good enough and unsure why the club would have approved it.
    Under BLK there was also items with Grey.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The training / running shorts are excellent .
    Light and not that sewed on emblem that BLK had .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Got my kids a new guernsey each today at the Kennel. Got them home and held them up against the BLK one.

It's a lot lighter than the BLK one. The blue, I mean. It had always struck me that the jumpers of the past 15-20 years have been a bit darker shade of blue than the old nylon-acrylic knitted ones. I'd put that down as an assumption that the 'glossiness' of the shinier nylon-polyester material meant that they'd compensated for the extra bit of light reflecting off the material by going a touch darker.

We have been doing this on and off over the years. I have various jumpers from over the years and after the 80's where we were a lighter blue, we moved to a darker blue with I think the fila jumpers, it went lighter again after that and more recently went a shade darker with BLK. I think our official colour 'royal blue' is the lighter shade.

Personally I like it a bit darker and thought the 2016 variant was spot on, but i'm not too fussed.

I just hope they take another stab at that clash Guernsey as it is awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

We have been doing this on and off over the years. I have various jumpers from over the years and after the 80's where we were a lighter blue, we moved to a darker blue with I think the fila jumpers, it went lighter again after that and more recently went a shade darker with BLK. I think our official colour 'royal blue' is the lighter shade.

Personally I like it a bit darker and thought the 2016 variant was spot on, but i'm not too fussed.

I just hope they take another stab at that clash Guernsey as it is awful.

Post Thanks / Like

I preferred the darker blue...and at first questioned why we would change after a premiership year - but have since been told that this was a year in the making/decision made on the asics jumper some time ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Under BLK there was also items with Grey.
    Yes this doesnt seem out of the ordinary. I have a ~10 year old Bulldogs jumper that is predominantly grey, those jackets last year with Footscray on the arms were grey. I still dont understand the big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I preferred the darker blue...and at first questioned why we would change after a premiership year - but have since been told that this was a year in the making/decision made on the asics jumper some time ago.
    I hate the lighter blue

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hate the lighter blue
    I was at the club the other day - and the staff are all already wearing the lighter blue asics stuff. Looks a bit poxy to me, looks cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yes this doesnt seem out of the ordinary. I have a ~10 year old Bulldogs jumper that is predominantly grey, those jackets last year with Footscray on the arms were grey. I still dont understand the big deal.
    For mine, the fact it's on what I'd consider the first choice item. The other stuff you mention is in the range, but that polo is what many would go for first. That, and the fact that IMO it loooks dreadful.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

An email I received from Asics today.

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Club designs and chooses the colours themselves.

Regards
    Customer Service TEAM
    ASICS Oceania Pty Ltd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    An email I received from Asics today.

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Club designs and chooses the colours themselves.

Regards
    Customer Service TEAM
    ASICS Oceania Pty Ltd
    Well the club has chosen th wrong colours

Post Thanks / Like

The Bulldogs ahead of the game again

BLK Placed Into Administration

Talk is we perceived this coming and went about signing an alternative sponsor ahead of the rush. If so well done to the club's leaders.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

15. Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    The Bulldogs ahead of the game again

BLK Placed Into Administration

Talk is we perceived this coming and went about signing an alternative sponsor ahead of the rush. If so well done to the club's leaders.
    Any sponsorship money or services is a great result in light of this, especially considering 6 clubs may now actually lose out with their deals being worthless. Hopefully with the premiership we got a great deal with Asics. Great we avoided this quagmire and now even better off. As T&T said, hopefully everyone who paid for BLK stuff get what they paid for. I was holding off, so I'm not taking the risk now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023