Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASICS on board as apparel partner

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Any sponsorship money or services is a great result in light of this, especially considering 6 clubs may now actually lose out with their deals being worthless. Hopefully with the premiership we got a great deal with Asics. Great we avoided this quagmire and now even better off. As T&T said, hopefully everyone who paid for BLK stuff get what they paid for. I was holding off, so I'm not taking the risk now.
    2nd hand info - but from what I understand - the Asics deal was struck a long time ago, and therefore the premiership would have been a bonus for Asics who were already on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    2nd hand info - but from what I understand - the Asics deal was struck a long time ago, and therefore the premiership would have been a bonus for Asics who were already on board.
    Thanks. You'd hope we inserted a premiership bonus clause, since it was considerable odds against it happening. But not being stuck with 6 other clubs begging for an apparel sponsor is a good result.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    You'd think it would be a long time in the planning and negotiation so that makes sense. Hopefully though when the club finalised it's deal with BKL that it got all outstanding monies owing then and didn't take an IOU.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    At last check our colours were Red, White and Blue. Anything with the Grey in it looks like it belongs at the GWS Giants. I will be boycotting anything that is containing the Grey and I would urge everyone to do the same, not good enough and unsure why the club would have approved it.
    Geez..... You're gonna hate the new training guernsey....! It's grey with a red and a blue stripe. Think Central Districts (SANFL)'s 1980s guernsey - but grey instead of white...

In better news, the away guernsey is simply the reverse of our home one again. No cartoon bulldog. Simply white with the red and the blue hoop.