Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
    Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
    Just think back 25 year...if you can
    There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
    The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
    Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
    Just think back 25 year...if you can
    There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
    The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members
    That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
    I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
    I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

4. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life, azabob, Eastdog, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, AshMac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
    I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
    I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?
    Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
    The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
    The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out
    That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else register for the member forum?

There were limited seats and I received my invite today:

Thank you for registering for the 2019 member forum. We are pleased to announce that you have been successful in securing a spot at the event.

WHEN: Tuesday 25th June
    TIME: 6.30pm-8pm
    WHERE: Victoria University Whitten Oval
    DETAILS: Hear a club update from Peter Gordon, a football update from Luke Beveridge, an AFLW update from Debbie Lee and a Redevelopment update from Ameet Bains.
    Tea and coffee will be provided.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Western Bulldogs Membership Team
    I wonder what the club is trying to achieve?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Spin at a guess.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!
    I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.
    Wow sounds dodgy as.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the members forum will be livestreamed on the website. Look forward in hearing what woofers who attend get out of it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow sounds dodgy as.
    It was, but it was open when most of the other clubs had shut down for the night and entry was free.

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keen to hear any reports from the Legends and Young Guns dinner tonight? Any woofers in attendance?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).

20. Likes soupman, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).
    Hi Josie. You covered everything. They were all super impressive.

Bailey was at the table behind us and chatted with us for awhile. Lovely young man. Going to be a star and his physic is impressive. I remember reading that he was regimented in his meals and that showed last night. Very impressed with him.

I had been told by my Hawks supporting boss that Taylor was a great club man. He proved that last night - impressive on and off the field.

I am a fan of Will Hayes. Great to see him really coming out from behind his Dads shadow.

Robbie and Gia will never change. Good mates off field and it shows. All Gia has always wanted to coach. We have a regular conversation about being in Bevo's job. He told me he is not ready yet, I said that is ok he just signed 3 years you will be ready by then. Robbie says he is tired but would not change a thing. Both he and Gia are looking very tired.

A couple of past players were in attendance including gentleman John Schultz, Scott West and Ross Abbey.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

22. Thanks Bulldog4life, GVGjr, bornadog, josie, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/new...ffseason-dates

Off-season dates
    Sep 11, 2019 2:01PM

Following the Bulldogs over the AFL off-season?

Here are all the important dates you need to know…

Charles Sutton Medal

The Western Bulldogs’ night of nights will be held on October 2 at Crown Palladium. Who will be crowned this year’s Charles Sutton Medallist? Will it be one of our 2019 All Australians, Marcus Bontempelli or Jack Macrae? Emerging star Josh Dunkley? Could Lachie Hunter go back-to-back? For more information, including ticketing, click here.

Pre-season returns

The Bulldogs’ first to fourth year players will return for pre-season on November 11, with all other players starting on November 25.

Trade & Free Agency

AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period – October 4 to 10
    NAB AFL Trade Period (players) – October 7 to 16
    AFL Trade Period (draft picks) – October 17
    Applications to re-list a player close – October 18
    1st AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 1 to 11
    2nd AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 13 to 22
    3rd AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 28 (post-draft)

Draft

Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son and Academy Players – October 31
    AFL Father/Son Bidding Nominations – November 22
    NAB AFL Draft, round one – November 27
    NAB AFL Draft, remaining selections – November 28
    NAB AFL Rookie Draft – TBC, November 28 (post-draft) or November 29

*The Bulldogs currently hold picks 12, 30, 41, 46, 48 and 84

Draft Combines

AFL Draft Combine – October 1 to 4
    Victoria Draft Combine – October 4
    South Australia Draft Combine – October 12
    Western Australia Draft Combine – October 13

List Lodgements

1st List Lodgement (including rookie promotions/retentions) – October 31
    2nd List Lodgement – November 12
    Final List Lodgement – December 2