Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

I attended on Saturday, purely for a photo with the premiership cup. And it was so worth it! The line was slow moving, but I loved that people weren't hurried, we could actually hold the cup and families could get various combinations of members in their photos. I was on my own and the man took around 10 photos for me. Seriously, I could not stop smiling! Definitely a treasured moment. I have attended many East Meets West days over the years and yes, they have gotten smaller with less players in attendance. I know the East West Club are really needing people to sign up ($10 per adult, $20 per family) as with higher membership numbers the club will pay more attention and hopefully the day can get back to what it used to be with the full team attending. So if anyone else wants the day to get back to its former glory, please sign up!

Post Thanks / Like

Family Day:
    Saturday 25 February
    Gates Open 12:30pm
    Open Training 1:00pm
    AFL Autograph session (1 hour) 4:00pm
    AFLWomens' WB v Collingwood First Bounce 7:10pm
    Fireworks display 9:30pm

Awesome!

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Family Day:
    Saturday 25 February

Awesome!
    Big Day
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes cinder, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Family Day:
    Saturday 25 February

Awesome!
    Sounds good. Thinking of getting along to get some more signatures from the players to add to the ones I got from Dicko and Jack at the East West day. The main factor for many during the afternoon will be the weather and if it is a 40 degree day then many won't go as there are a lot of people who do not enjoy the heat but the summer so far has been great (no 40 degree days) and hopefully it continues into February.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Sounds good. Thinking of getting along to get some more signatures from the players to add to the ones I got from Dicko and Jack at the East West day. The main factor for many during the afternoon will be the weather and if it is a 40 degree day then many won't go as there are a lot of people who do not enjoy the heat but the summer so far has been great (no 40 degree days) and hopefully it continues into February.
    Yep. I'd be happy to stay for the whole thing but the trick is going to be convincing the other half!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I'd be happy to stay for the whole thing but the trick is going to be convincing the other half!
    The fan day if the weather is good should get a big turnout.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The best night of the year. Get in early

2017 WESTERN BULLDOGS SEASON LAUNCH

Kick off the new season in style and join the Club's players and staff at the 2017 Western Bulldogs Season Launch, brought to you by event partners Mission Foods and Geelong Travel.
    Held in the impressive Crown Palladium in the heart of Melbourne, the Season Launch is a great opportunity for members of the red, white and blue family to gather together and get an inside look into the season ahead.

Hear from Western Bulldogs Premiership Coach, Luke Beveridge and key Club officials, all while enjoying a delicious three course meal and beverages.

The event will be hosted by Channel Seven and Triple M broadcaster, and former Club captain Luke Darcy.

Date:
    6:30pm, Tuesday 14 March 2017
    Venue: Crown Palladium
    Dress Code: Lounge suit & ladies accordingly
    What’s Included: Three course meal, premium beverage package (beer, wine & soft drink), musical entertainment
    Cost: Member - $180.00; Non-Member - $190.00; Child - $90.00

To book online please click HERE
    For further information, please contact Western Bulldogs Events at events@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the club today via email

The 2017 JLT Community Series is just around the corner, which will see AFL football return to Victoria University Whitten Oval, with the Western Bulldogs to host Melbourne at the Kennel on Saturday 18 February at 4.40pm. Members wanting to cheer on our AFLW team will have the chance to watch them take on Melbourne in our double header that evening at 7.40pm.

The Western Bulldogs will also face Brisbane (7.40pm EDT, Thursday 2 March) at Etihad Stadium and Gold Coast SUNS (4.50pm EDT, Thursday 9 March) up north at Metricon Stadium to round out our three pre-season match fixture.

2017 Western Bulldogs members have the benefit of accessing* JLT Community Series matches as part of their membership. This means members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate to gain entry subject to capacity.

For the Club’s match against Melbourne at Victoria University Whitten Oval, due to the venue’s limited capacity and considering the anticipated demand for this match, we strongly advise that all members guarantee their entry by using their membership card to upgrade to a grandstand seat or register for a general admission ticket.

Member upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply. Members can upgrade via Ticketmaster by entering their membership barcode.

Club members have exclusive access to a pre-sale period, operating from 9:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday 31 January, 2017.
    JLT Community Series tickets will then go on-sale to the general public from 9:00am, Wednesday 1 February.

This is going to be a fantastic day with footy back at our spiritual home so ensure you are prepared in advance to make your experience at the game a great one.

Go Dogs!
    Western Bulldogs Membership

*Access to the JLT Community Series matches is subject to availability and capacity and is not guaranteed. Additional fees and charges may apply.

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man,
    The Old Girl's gunna be jam packed and pumping.

Post Thanks / Like

Man,
    The Old Girl's gunna be jam packed and pumping.
    Can't wait!

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be a huge crowd again at WO. The trains I'm sure will busy for those who plan to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Should be a huge crowd again at WO. The trains I'm sure will busy for those who plan to go.
    Hey Easty, wrong thread. This thread is for events and functions, outside of games. Need to move to another thread. Cheers and thanks.

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday 25th February

Gates open 12.30pm
    Open Training 1.00pm
    Autograph Session 1 hour from 4pm

AFLW v Collingwood 7.10pm

20. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Attended a lunchtime Q&A function today at the Phillip Island Football Club in Cowes (players were also conducting kids clinics for pupils from local schools). 12 players were in attendance (Dahl, Crammers, Jongy, JJ, Honey, Macrae, English, Cordy, Clay, Toby, Redpath and Roberts).

There were around 80 or so people in the club rooms and the questions asked included 'any game plan changes in 2017' - nothing significant was the response, 'how is the Bont's foot' - rumours doing social media say he has a bit of a foot problem. The players said he was ok to play JLT, 'what does Honeychurch need to do different in 2017 to get into the senior team (my question)' - nothing majorly different, just keep following up on coaches instructions, 'What did GWS player Whitfield say to Macrae in the prelim' - children were in the room so wouldn't say, 'how was Bevo different to previous coaches the players have had at Bulldogs (directed to Dahl)' - encourages the players to play their own game, ' how was Crammers feeling after being out for 18 months' - excited to be back in the fold at the football club, 'how is Clokey tracking' - he is doing ok, 'how is Redders tracking with return from ACL - he expects to be upping the ante in two weeks time and aiming to return around mid year', 'how tall is English' - 6'9''.

Crameri played the MC and it was a very relaxed half hour with autographs and pics at the end of the event.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Attended a lunchtime Q&A function today at the Phillip Island Football Club in Cowes (players were also conducting kids clinics for pupils from local schools). 12 players were in attendance (Dahl, Crammers, Jongy, JJ, Honey, Macrae, English, Cordy, Clay, Toby, Redpath and Roberts).

There were around 80 or so people in the club rooms and the questions asked included 'any game plan changes in 2017' - nothing significant was the response, 'how is the Bont's foot' - rumours doing social media say he has a bit of a foot problem. The players said he was ok to play JLT, 'what does Honeychurch need to do different in 2017 to get into the senior team (my question)' - nothing majorly different, just keep following up on coaches instructions, 'What did GWS player Whitfield say to Macrae in the prelim' - children were in the room so wouldn't say, 'how was Bevo different to previous coaches the players have had at Bulldogs (directed to Dahl)' - encourages the players to play their own game, ' how was Crammers feeling after being out for 18 months' - excited to be back in the fold at the football club, 'how is Clokey tracking' - he is doing ok, 'how is Redders tracking with return from ACL - he expects to be upping the ante in two weeks time and aiming to return around mid year', 'how tall is English' - 6'9''.

Crameri played the MC and it was a very relaxed half hour with autographs and pics at the end of the event.
    Sensational summary Smads
    Cheers