Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Yeah fair enough. Keep the stickies threads as they are. Yeah just bump it per usual closer to an event. I have just posted some key events dates for 2020.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Dogs Insider email today regarding this event.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/e...0390_153588961

AFL Open Training Session February 8

The Western Bulldogs will host their next 2019-20 major open training session on Saturday 8 February at VU Whitten Oval. The event will start at 8.30am, with the team expected to train from roughly 9am to 10am. Player signing opportunities will be available following training on the boundary. The 2020 Asics merchandise range will be available for purchase, and our Bulldogs membership team will be on hand to talk through all the options ahead of the upcoming season. As always, there will be plenty of activities for the kids, including a mascot appearance, inflatable handball and kicking target, a selfie wall plus arts and crafts activities. This will be the second session after the decision was made to replace the traditional ‘family day’ event with four open training opportunities to provide more player access.

Upcoming open training sessions at Victoria University Whitten Oval are:

Saturday February 8 - AFL Training 9:00am–10:00am with boundary line signing from 10am
    Tuesday March 31 (School Holidays) - AFL Training 10:00am–11:00am with boundary line signing from 11am
    Tuesday June 30 (School Holidays) - AFL Training 10:00am–11:00am with boundary line signing from 11am
    Please note, all times published are approximate and subject to change at late notice.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...community-camp

Bulldogs head west for Community Camp

Western Bulldogs will to Ballarat, Melton and Bacchus Marsh for their 2020 AFL Community Camp.

The Western Bulldogs will head west for their 2020 AFL Community Camp next Monday, visiting Ballarat, Melton and Bacchus Marsh.

Players and coaches will take part in various activities in the Bulldogs’ heartland.

School clinics, leadership talks and junior football club training visits will all feature, as will a coaching forum plus other community visits and a civic reception in Ballarat.

A meet and greet at the Bulldogs Shop in Ballarat will also be held at 4.30pm on Monday, with select players available for autographs and signings.

Now in its 18th year, the AFL Community Camp program will see 750 AFL players visit local schools, football clubs, nursing homes, hospitals and community centres across Australia.

Since 2003, the programs have reached more than 1.5 million school students across 7,500 schools and over 48,500 people in aged care facilities and hospitals. In addition, more than 101,000 children have participated in AFL super clinics since the program’s commencement.

Western Bulldogs Community Camp – Monday 24 February

Ballarat

12pm – Primary school visits
    1pm – Ballarat civic reception, at Ballarat Town Hall (225 Sturt St, Ballarat)
    2pm – Primary school and community venue visits
    4.30pm – Junior football club training visits
    4.30pm – Bulldogs Shop Meet and Greet (214 Mair St, Ballarat)
    6pm – Coaching forum

Melton & Bacchus Marsh

12pm – Primary school visits
    2pm – Primary school visits and community venue visits
    4.30pm – Junior football club training visits

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs in Ballarat for AFL Community Camp
    Check out what the Western Bulldogs have been up to on their AFL Community Camp visit to Ballarat.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...community-camp

Post Thanks / Like

Email from club relating to Season Launch for those that don't have access. (Regarding response to Covid-19)
    ------------
    Thank you for your continued support of the Club. With Round 1 looming, we are launching our AFL season on Wednesday 11 March and are excited for the season ahead.

With the continuing spread of the Covid-19 virus and an increase in reported cases in Melbourne in recent days, the Club is taking a conservative approach to preserving the health of its players, our staff as well as our loyal members and fans who attend our events.

With that in mind, we are requesting that anyone:

who has returned from any overseas travel in the last 14 days; or

is experiencing signs of an infectious disease (including fever, sweats or chills),

please not attend the season launch event.

This is over and above the Australian government requirements for travellers returning from high risk countries, which include self-isolation and other medical precautions. Further information on government advice for Australian travellers, including those returning to Australia following overseas travel, is available here: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/new...virus-covid-19

If you are unable to attend the season launch event due to the above and you notify the Club in writing, you will be provided with a full refund of your ticket price.  

Finally, Season launch is an opportunity to re-connect with fellow Bulldogs friends and families, and kisses, hugs and hand-shakes are usually the order of the night. This year we are suggesting that physical contact be limited and all of our players and staff have been instructed to avoid any physical contact in the current circumstances.

We thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you there

7. Thanks bornadog, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens
    @Stevo7AFL
    ·
    Can confirm major changes to Dogs season launch at Crown due to Coronavirus. No pre-function with players, players won’t arrive until 8pm and won’t be as accessible. Jumper presentation and interviews but stripped back contact with fans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Mark Stevens
    @Stevo7AFL
    ·
    Can confirm major changes to Dogs season launch at Crown due to Coronavirus. No pre-function with players, players won’t arrive until 8pm and won’t be as accessible. Jumper presentation and interviews but stripped back contact with fans.
    Yep, I was supposed to arrive there at 5.30pm for a pre function get together with the players and it got canned late on Monday
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Very different Season launch tonight with players not allowed to mingle, but I am little pissed off that they canned the pre drinks as well. I bet they were costed into the $190 per head (members price).

Still turned out to be a pretty good night with everyone upbeat about the season ahead. Fletch, Clay and Biggsi were given life membership. Biggs was very funny with his speech, whereas Roberts had a lovely speech pre prepared. Clay spoke well off the cuff and you can tell he loves the club.

Bob Murphy interviewed the players and Seb Costello hosted the evening.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks Bulldog4life, Go_Dogs, josie, Eastdog, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seb Costello was the host again and he is a very polished performer. Bob Murphy did the interviews but I think he is a little predictable well at least he is for me.

First interview was with Baines, Beveridge and Bontempelli. Baines mentioned we were 10% up in our membership numbers and that we would be following the state government recommendations regarding the coronavirus . Beveridge about how strong the competition is but we are well placed and thought we learned a bit after the loss to Port. Bontempelli talked about the captaincy etc
    Towards the end Bevo mentioned about the sad passing of a long term player sponsor "Roy" who last his long term battle with cancer
    The camera closed in and a clearly upset Bevo struggled to get through mentioning the players that Roy had sponsored over the years

I used to talk to Roy at the player sponsors, he was always in the know about team selections and injuries etc. A good footy man has left the kennel and he will be missed.

3 players were given life member awards and Fletcher Roberts provided an excellent speech, Shane Biggs delivered his speech in a typical Biggs manner and the very popular Clay Smith also talked.

There was also an interview with the leadership players of Hunter, Wallis and Dunkley and a player jumper presentation for the whole group. There was also auctions and video clips that filtered through the night

As BAD mentioned, the night was a bit more subdued than normal . They will probably put this on the website for those who are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

There were five players not in attendance including JJ and Lipinski, guess just some precautions but in current climate my mind did wander a bit; was certainly higher than normal.

Overall good night, my table had 5 of the 11 spots empty (what a waste of the tiger prawn entree!). Ameet mentioned a number of people had cancelled and had their tickets refunded. Wasnt sure about the bizarre drummer at the start.
    From what I could tell the players were in attendance in another room, then walked around to back of stage for presentation (I was in foyer as the throng came through) . I didn't have an issue with it, challenging for the club and i think they pulled it off.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life, Go_Dogs, josie, Eastdog, choconmientay, Max469 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There were five players not in attendance including JJ and Lipinski, guess just some precautions but in current climate my mind did wander a bit; was certainly higher than normal.

Overall good night, my table had 5 of the 11 spots empty (what a waste of the tiger prawn entree!). Ameet mentioned a number of people had cancelled and had their tickets refunded. Wasnt sure about the bizarre drummer at the start.
    From what I could tell the players were in attendance in another room, then walked around to back of stage for presentation (I was in foyer as the throng came through) . I didn't have an issue with it, challenging for the club and i think they pulled it off.
    Bains mentioned that about 50 members would have their tickets refunded but there were gaps on most of the tables.
    Yeah, that drummer was a bit out of the norm.

Post Thanks / Like

No individual speeches last night. We normally would have a speech from PG, Bevo and Ameet. I guess the panel sort of covered off what they would normally say.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I played indoor soccer last night. I was really fussy about disinfecting afterwards.

We have taken to foot touching instead of hand shaking after goals and at the end of the game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Life membership:

21. Likes Eastdog, Bulldog4life, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Life membership:

The Bullgods.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

23. Likes N/A liked this post