Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  17
    Post Thanks / Like

The Flag Will Wag 2024

Here is your chance to get in early for when another premiership flag flies high over Footscray in 2024.

We are going to win the flag, so start saving your pennies for finals tickets. While we wait for time to pass and the inevitable to happen I'd like to offer WOOFers the opportunity to make some perfectly reasonable and grounded statements about what will happen.

Here's a few prompts, if you'd like:
    • <Player X> and <Player Y> will kick 5 goals each in the same game against <Insert Opposition>
    • Bedendo will cement himself as a <insert role here> finishing 5th in the best and fairest.
    • The punch up between us and <Essendon> really set the tone, that was historically memorable.
    • Those two come from behind wins on the road were confirmation of this sides champion status. <Player> just would not lay down and accept what was happening.

I wasn't surprised when we went 13-0 to start the season, drew, and then never looked back.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

2. Thanks GVGjr, Jasper, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Flag Will Wag 2024

- When Naughton was sitting at 45 goal 0 behinds at round 14, I knew no one was going to stop us.
    - When Darcy made the AA squad it just seemed obvious after his season.
    - When Harmes caught Petracca HTB for the 3rd time in 15 mins in the first quarter of Rd 1, it moved...

Post Thanks / Like

Bedendo will cement himself as a time trial king finishing 5th in his local Parkrun.

5. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryley Sanders will win the Brownlow but Harley Reid will win the Rising Star.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes SonofScray, Bulldog Joe, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite player Weightman will kick a bag of goals on my birthday again. I appreciated the 6 v North he gave me last year.
    Last edited by weltschmerz; 31-01-2024 at 11:23 PM.

9. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Riley West will establish himself as Libba's heir with a series of BOG performances after Libba misses 4 weeks with injury

Post Thanks / Like

Vez will come good.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Vez will come good.
    If they introduce a GF pie eating contest I think Vez is in with a chance, but only if they don't need to run to get the pie.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

14. Likes EasternWest, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All the talk of Richards playing midfield is tosh. He'll play the entire season in defence and make the All Australian 22.
    James O'Donnell will show enough to make him our most inspired selection since Chris Grant at pick 105.
    Charlie Clarke to play 5+ games
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes bornadog, SonofScray, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see that in a game against the likes of North or West Coast we could have 3 players in Marra, Naughton and Cody all kick 5 goals in a game and we win by more than 100 points.
    I'm backing Bramble to make a big statement for us in the best 23 calculations.
    I'm also backing Bont to go on a real BOG run in the brownlow with 3 weeks in a row winning the 3 votes.
    And one more for good measure, we get all the main signings of Marra, Tim and Bailey Smith does well before end of the season.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

18. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I can see that in a game against the likes of North or West Coast we could have 3 players in Marra, Naughton and Cody all kick 5 goals in a game and we win by more than 100 points.
    I'm backing Bramble to make a big statement for us in the best 23 calculations.
    I'm also backing Bont to go on a real BOG run in the brownlow with 3 weeks in a row winning the 3 votes.
    And one more for good measure, we get all the main signings of Marra, Tim and Bailey Smith does well before end of the season.
    I'm with you on the 3 signings
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite