Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes just heard back myself (wont get used to who I'm communicating with..probably ever).
    Can you ask him how the leg is doing
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news from the season launch tonight?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grantysghost.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thanks Grantysghost.
    No worries. I was there and it was a good night. I'll try and post some info, I been a little slow today. I blame the awesome waiters who knew when to top up my champagne. Generally it was before I knew I needed a top up

Post Thanks / Like

Some photos I took :

9. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was fortunate enough to be invited along to the Season Launch.

I'll try and present a high level summary and anything woofers might be interested in, there wasn't any great revelation but some interesting insights.

Location was Crown Aviary, not a venue I'd attended prior and I have to say it was a nice change from the more formal setting of the Palladium that we are generally in for functions.

Was an open air venue with city views, with a marquee to one side where the formalities took place.

It really was an intimate gathering, 300 in total including players and guests is my understanding so everywhere you turned there was Bulldog's royalty.

Guest speakers were the new President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, the CEO Ameet Bains, and Bevo with his usual esoteric take on things.

Here are the links to the speeches from the Dogs website to save me remembering all the content

President : President's speech
    Bevo : Bevo's speech

Kylie spoke about the transition into her new role and the amazing support she received from Peter Gordon and others to help with this. Also how she can't carry on at the games anymore ! (well not as much).

Bevo, who we all know loves a theme, used his speech to relay his philosophy for the team this season (salty dog vibes). He highlighted a line from a Pearl Jam song Man of the Hour, "Tidal waves don't beg forgiveness, crashed and on their way".

The wave analogy was interesting, as he outlined their humble beginnings out at sea and subsequent transformation into an unstoppable destructive force, whilst applying this metaphor to the team.

He believes we are ready and equipped to make that transformation.

Pearl Jam - Man of the Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqwtUUPe0w

Life memberships were awarded during the night to a raft of players including Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore, Jason Johannisen and Tory Dickson.

Hopefully they post video of Tory's speech in particular, in was quite heartfelt and coupled with highlights of the 2016 finals it really was the most poignant point of the night for me. I think he got the loudest reception at the conclusion of his speech. He mentioned looking back at the video of that time was quite emotional, and made a point of detailing what the club meant to him and how many great relationships he has formed over the years which he cherished.

The players were presented on stage enumerating through the jumper numbers. Bob Murphy was on hand for some short interviews with players of note including Treloar and Ugle-Hagen, and once all the players were presented with their jumpers the team was presented to the room and that was really the end of formalities.

All in all a very good night on short notice. I was able to chat with some Bulldog's legends like Tony Liberatore (yes it was a goal), and Dale Morris in a relaxed setting. I was also lucky enough to have a chat to Jamarra, and he is a very amiable friendly guy, who certainly doesn't lack any confidence. He is ready to go, but understands why they are holding him back.

Hope this gives woofers some insight into the season launch, shame we couldn't get more members there but touch wood the world is opening up again so it's just a matter of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GG for the insight
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Granty.

I love that Bevo is quoting Eddie Vedder! I recognised the lyric straight away as Man of the Hour is a great song by my all time favourite band. It was written for the soundtrack of the movie Big Fish, a really good Tim Burton film that isn't all that well known. Pearl Jam dedicate live performances of the song to Johnny Ramone who passed away the year following the songs release.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So I was fortunate enough to be invited along to the Season Launch.

I'll try and present a high level summary and anything woofers might be interested in, there wasn't any great revelation but some interesting insights.

Location was Crown Aviary, not a venue I'd attended prior and I have to say it was a nice change from the more formal setting of the Palladium that we are generally in for functions.

Was an open air venue with city views, with a marquee to one side where the formalities took place.

It really was an intimate gathering, 300 in total including players and guests is my understanding so everywhere you turned there was Bulldog's royalty.

Guest speakers were the new President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, the CEO Ameet Bains, and Bevo with his usual esoteric take on things.

Here are the links to the speeches from the Dogs website to save me remembering all the content

President : President's speech
    Bevo : Bevo's speech

Kylie spoke about the transition into her new role and the amazing support she received from Peter Gordon and others to help with this. Also how she can't carry on at the games anymore ! (well not as much).

Bevo, who we all know loves a theme, used his speech to relay his philosophy for the team this season (salty dog vibes). He highlighted a line from a Pearl Jam song Man of the Hour, "Tidal waves don't beg forgiveness, crashed and on their way".

The wave analogy was interesting, as he outlined their humble beginnings out at sea and subsequent transformation into an unstoppable destructive force, whilst applying this metaphor to the team.

He believes we are ready and equipped to make that transformation.

Pearl Jam - Man of the Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqwtUUPe0w

Life memberships were awarded during the night to a raft of players including Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore, Jason Johannisen and Tory Dickson.

Hopefully they post video of Tory's speech in particular, in was quite heartfelt and coupled with highlights of the 2016 finals it really was the most poignant point of the night for me. I think he got the loudest reception at the conclusion of his speech. He mentioned looking back at the video of that time was quite emotional, and made a point of detailing what the club meant to him and how many great relationships he has formed over the years which he cherished.

The players were presented on stage enumerating through the jumper numbers. Bob Murphy was on hand for some short interviews with players of note including Treloar and Ugle-Hagen, and once all the players were presented with their jumpers the team was presented to the room and that was really the end of formalities.

All in all a very good night on short notice. I was able to chat with some Bulldog's legends like Tony Liberatore (yes it was a goal), and Dale Morris in a relaxed setting. I was also lucky enough to have a chat to Jamarra, and he is a very amiable friendly guy, who certainly doesn't lack any confidence. He is ready to go, but understands why they are holding him back.

Hope this gives woofers some insight into the season launch, shame we couldn't get more members there but touch wood the world is opening up again so it's just a matter of time.
    Many thanks GG for the excellent summary and photos of what was an excellent night. Like your good self I was an invited guest in what was a totally new concept of a much smaller intimate gathering than what occurred at previous Season launches. Caught up with Dale Morris who is delighted to be back with the Club in an administrative role and spends time with the players in the gym. The night also incorporated the Coach Club group which comprises some 20 major donors which on Bevo’s recommendation helps fund the most urgent Club needs be it gym equipment etc etc. Great to hear from the new President of the sound financial position of our Club. Membership stands at 35,000 which is up on the previous year at the same time. A remarkable effort when you consider the interrupted COVID 19 year resulting in a loss of valuable staff numbers. We will see Adam Treloar lining up in the number one guernsey and he spoke very fondly of how he had been warmly welcomed into the Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx GG and NBP. Great summaries and very much appreciated. Given situation thought it was good club was able to still run it & wise to limit numbers.

17. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Much appreciated Granty and NBP. Will give your summaries a read. I love WOOF.

19. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://thatsgoodforfooty.com.au/eve...FNd6_VfA7ejz-Q

WESTERN BULLDOGS SHOW APRIL 14TH
    14 APRIL AT 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
    $15. – $35.00

Club & Panelist’s: Western Bulldogs Josh Dunkley & Adam Treloar

Event Information:

Date & Time: Wednesday April 14th doors open at 6.00pm show kicks off at 7.30pm and concludes at approximately 9.00pm

Location: Mulgrave Country Club, Jells & Wellington Rd’s, Wheelers Hill

What is “That’s Good for Footy”?

“That’s Good for Footy” is a LIVE AFL based Footy panel show.

How will this show work?

Due to the global pandemic things have changed for everyone and this is the same for TGFF. We will still be giving you the opportunity to engage & interact in the segments & the players, But all of this will be done in accordance with the rules & regulations as set down by the Victorian government and the COVID safe ways in which to interact with others, such as the 1.5 metre social distancing rule.

How does it work?

Every week we have 2 current day players on the show, The nights are a Club themed night. As the shows are Melbourne based, we only do the 10 Victorian clubs but we do travel all over Melbourne (& Victoria in some instances) giving everyone the opportunity to see their favourite club & players on the show.

The shows are very different to anything you may have seen before, because we don’t ask your typical Footy type questions, The players are relaxed and enjoy the interaction with the footy Fans who come along on the night, The topics are all about football but not asked (and certainly not answered the normal way, at least not what you’re used too.)

We like to provide a light hearted engaging mix of entertainment and behind the scenes insight, allowing for opportunities to hear & see things you normally may not get to see or hear.

It is a totally LIVE, RAW & INTERACTIVE experience, The shows have been developed to give fans & supporters the opportunity to have a bit of fun & laughter with their favourite players.

We also give the fans & supporters attending the shows on the night the opportunity to have their photo taken with the players, this will be done in accordance with the NEW COVID safe rules & regulations. Players will be on the panel & patrons will have their photo taken in front of the desk. There will be NO autographs at this event.

The events are billed as Family Friendly, which means kids can attend along with their parents giving everyone the opportunity to meet their favourite player or players.

The shows are hosted by Damian Rocher, He is the Producer/ Director /Presenter & Host of the shows.

Patrons attending will have the opportunity to enjoy a meal & drink from the venues bar & kitchen.

If you would like to attend a show, tickets can be purchased via the TGFF ticketing platform, simply go to www.thatsgoodforfooty.com.au/events/ and follow the steps through the checkout process, a confirmation of your purchase will be sent to you via the email address you entered in, all you then have to do is bring the confirm with you on the night, present it at the door, and you & your guests will then be checked off the door list upon entry.

Admission Fee: There is a administration & door entry fee of $35.00 plus GST for Adults, & $15.00 plus GST for Children under 15 applicable for this show, ALL tickets are sold through the TGFF website ticketing platform. www.thatsgoodforfooty.com.au/events/

The shows run for approx 1 & 1/2 hours from 7.30pm to approximately 9.00pm, doors open from 6.00pm. (opening times may differ, depending upon the venue).

Memorabilia is for sale on the night, A live auction will be conducted where patrons can be bid on the signed Team Themed Bar Fridge, plus a raffle is run with 5 prizes up for grabs, 1st Prize is a Team themed Merchandise pack, 2nd Prize is a team themed Footy Hamper, 3rd Prize is a team themed stubby dispenser. 4th & 5th prizes are a signed game size TGFF Football.

There are trivia segments to get involved in, Prize & merchandise packs to be won and loads of light hearted entertainment to be had.

Reviews: Want to know what people who have been to the show think? Read the reviews on the events page. www.thatsgoodforfooty.com.au/events/

NB: The That’s good for Footy panel shows are neither endorsed or affiliated with the AFL or any of the AFL clubs appearing on the night in anyway shape or form. The players appearing on the show do so of their own accord, Neither the club or the AFL play a role in promoting or endorsing the shows. TGFF do not receive any funding from either the AFL or the Clubs represented on the night. No monies raised from the night go to either the AFL or the clubs represented on the night. TGFF panel shows are run as an independent and solely owned & operated business registered as BrokerrocheR. Trademarked as That’s Good For Footy.

+ GOOGLE CALENDAR+ ICAL EXPORT

DETAILS

Date: 14 April
    Time: 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
    Cost: $15. – $35.00
    Event Categories: FOOTY FUNATICS SHOWS, Tickets
    VENUE

Mulgrave Country Club
    Jells Road & Wellington Road
    Wheelers Hill, Victoria 3150 Australia
    + Google Map
    Phone:
    9582 4600
    www.mulgravecc.com.au

Post Thanks / Like

From Kennel Kapers Number 4 June 2021:

Postponement of Legends & Young Guns Dinner

Your East-West Committee has made the decision to postpone our 2021 Legends and Young Guns Dinner.

Our decision has been made even more difficult by your long time support for this event over many years. The recent Covid restrictions have created a number of uncertainties for all of us this year and form part of our reason to postpone.

One of those uncertainties is we cannot guarantee the availability of our Young Guns due to the changes such as movable fixtures. Our Young Gun interviews are a key part of our night.

A further reason is that you, our members and attendees, make payments in advance for an event that we are now not 100% sure will be held. We also have the uncertainty that venue numbers may also change or even be closed if future restrictions apply.

This decision was not made lightly but consid- ered the best course to take now to avoid any future disappointment for our prospective attendees. We shall work with the football club to look at having an LYG event possibly in early 2022 when our players and new recruits return after their break.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fantastic function so that is a real, but totally understandable, shame.

Thanks for posting Easty
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"