Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Got an email last night about the annual Western Bulldogs East Meets West Day

Here is the info:

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again this year in December and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday 9 December, 2017
    Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
    Where: Wesley College main training ground, Glen Waverley

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs from 1:00pm-2:00pm.

The East West Group will be running a BBQ and there will be the opportunity to purchase Western Bulldogs merchandise and 2018 memberships.

For those children participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, a drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

I look forward to seeing you there for what will be an enjoyable day.

Go Dogs!

Linda Murray
    Group Relationships Co-ordinator
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Got an email last night about the annual Western Bulldogs East Meets West Day

Here is the info:

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again this year in December and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday 9 December, 2017
    Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
    Where: Wesley College main training ground, Glen Waverley

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs from 1:00pm-2:00pm.

The East West Group will be running a BBQ and there will be the opportunity to purchase Western Bulldogs merchandise and 2018 memberships.

For those children participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, a drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

I look forward to seeing you there for what will be an enjoyable day.

Go Dogs!

Linda Murray
    Group Relationships Co-ordinator
    That seems early
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That seems early
    Yeah it is earlier this year than in previous years usually held in January.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That seems early
    Yeah it is earlier this year than in previous years usually held in January.
    Since Bevo's arrival we have struggled with the East West day in January due to a camp up on the Sunshine Coast being the priority.
    I suspect they have moved it to December to ensure the day doesn't get bumped again.

With the players coming back early this year compared to the last 2 years it probably makes more sense. I think the January block of training will be more important than December.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Since Bevo's arrival we have struggled with the East West day in January due to a camp up on the Sunshine Coast being the priority.
    I suspect they have moved it to December to ensure the day doesn't get bumped again.

With the players coming back early this year compared to the last 2 years it probably makes more sense. I think the January block of training will be more important than December.
    So probably not a bad thing so it guarantees they do the event and not change the date. Hopefully a few more of the players come out this year for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the report you posted Max469.

Great stuff!

7. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Inside the kennel 2017:

Date: Thursday 14th December 2017
    Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
    Don't miss out, buy your tickets and join us for the final installment of 'Inside the Kennel' for 2017.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Join us for our Christmas Open Training Session

Western Bulldogs are extending an invitation to its annual Christmas Training Session

In the spirit of the festive season, the Western Bulldogs are extending an invitation to all Bulldog fans to its annual Christmas Training Session at Victoria University Whitten Oval.

The session will take place on Saturday 16 December, with gates open from 8:00am.

Make sure you don't miss this opportunity to meet the new draftees and see the 2018 team train for the final time before the break.

The day will be full of activities including the training session, fun games and activities with the Bulldogs inflatables, visits from The Pack, Caesar and a special appearance from Santa.

The Bulldogs Shop will be open, and the Membership team will be on hand for any last-minute Christmas gift shopping.

Western Bulldogs Christmas Open Training
    Saturday 16 December 2017
    at Victoria University Whitten Oval

Event Schedule:
    Time: Gates open at 8am
    What’s on?

• AFL Training from 8:30am
    • Mascots
    • Caesar
    • Kids Activities
    • Art & Craft Christmas Activities
    • Free Gift Wrapping +
    • A special visit from Santa
    • Bulldogs Shop
    • Barkers Café
    • AFL & AFLW Player Autographs* from 9:40am
    • AFLW Team Training following autographs

*Please note that not all AFL or AFLW players may be available for autographs
    +Gift wrapping is available free of charge for items purchased from the Bulldog Shop on 16/12/17 only
    ^Parking at VU Whitten Oval is limited and we recommend using public transport. The closest train station is West Footscray, only a 5-minute walk from VU Whitten Oval.
    From December 1 – December 16, the Western Bulldogs Football Club will be inviting members of the community to donate a gift to the Bulldogs Wishing Tree located at VU Whitten Oval. All gifts will be donated to the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation’s Ready, Settle, Go! participants. Further information can be found at www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogswishingtree
    The Western Bulldogs wish all Bulldog families a Merry Christmas and a Happy Festive Season.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks Eastdog, cinder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    me too!
    Me too. Would love to say g'day to other Woofers. Suggest we make up name tags.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Me too. Would love to say g'day to other Woofers. Suggest we make up name tags.
    Will have to do a WOOF meet up at the footy. I met soupaman in a JB Hi Fi store but would be great to meet other woofers on here like Twodogs, bornadog, jeemak, GVGjr and others.

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to do a WOOF meet up at the footy. I met soupaman in a JB Hi Fi store but would be great to meet other woofers on here like Twodogs, bornadog, jeemak, GVGjr and others.
    Fine, the rest of us know where we stand now Eastie.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

15. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    A couple of years ago I had a number of WOOF caps made which would have made it easier for people to recognise each other.
    There might still be a few members with WOOF caps. I've worn my to a few games and normally get to meet some of the WOOF members
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Would love to meet all woofers where I can. Would have been a long post putting all the usernames in

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the reports from the Social club event.