Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Thanks for the update, sounds like a good night. You must be up there past 10 years at least
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks for the update, sounds like a good night. You must be up there past 10 years at least
    12th year I think. I might dig a bit deeper and look at sponsoring someone from our AFLW side as well next year
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great summary GVGjr.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Very good summary. Was a great night, although I did stand on the Bonts foot at one point so if he's injured I'm leaving the country.
    Kudos to the players they were fantastic, Billy Gowers is a great guy to talk to if you ever get a chance, very funny guy. Good to see Picken looking healthy and happy, we spoke about the neurological tests he's been through they sound exhausting. But he's confident of a return.
    Spoke with Ed Richards, asked him if he had written his acceptance speech for the rising star yet which he was very humble about. Amazing the maturity of these guys.
    Jackson Trengove was brilliant too really had alot of time for his sponsors and made sure he got around to everyone on the table. We had to do a quiz with the players which was quite fun especially for the kids (and big kids). Picko was walking around copying everyone else's answers.
    Good bunch of players . Thanks to the club for a great night.

6. Thanks Bulldog4life, Twodogs, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Max469, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Woofers attend the Inside the Kennel event at the Yarraville club tonight?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Any Woofers attend the Inside the Kennel event at the Yarraville club tonight?
    I was there Easty.

I went, not expecting a whole lot (given the season so far), but ended up coming away glad I'm a Bulldog supporter.

The player line up started with Woody, Wally and Paddy Lipinski.

When you hear Wood speak in forum's like this, you understand why he is the club's captain. He answered the questions posed by the MC (Kevin Hillier) in his usual friendly demeanour, but also with a degree of quiet determination and passion for the club, coaches and his team mates. He said he would be able to play a greater leadership role around the club, now that he was out for the season.

(I'd like to make the following observation at this point. In my mind, Wood's 'ordinary' form this year has been affected by his failure to be a forward option for the club, after trialling in this role pre-season. Being a very thoughtful man and club captain, I suspect he has been affected mentally by his failure to meet the club/coaches pre-season expectations and had been trying hard to make up for his perceived failure since. I therefore expect to see a completely different person taking the field in 2019 being able to put 2018 behind him).

Wally is a great speaker (and it does surprise me that he isn't in the leadership group). He spoke positively about his demotion to the VFL and getting back into the AFL side amongst other things.

There was one point he made which I thought was interesting - he made reference to some evidence suggesting you needed 18 mths to 2 years to fully recover from the leg injury he sustained in 2016 and that he was expecting to have a much improved season in 2019.

His current contract or any supposed discussions with another AFL club around his future were not discussed on the night.

Personally - I got the impression he will stay.

Lipinski mentioned enjoying getting a lengthy run in the seniors this year and working on parts of his game that the coaches had identified he still to improve in. He comes across as a real nice kid.

The next player panel consisted of big Red, and the two Baileys and there couldn't have been a more variable group of players sitting together! Williams was quite brief with his responses to the MC's questions (coming across as a shy but relaxed young 'dude'), Dale was a little more thoughtful with his responses while big Red come across quite confident and happy to talk about his injury and what he was up to outside of football.

The two Bailey's are currently completing a course similar to what Dahl and Hunter have been doing for the last couple of years and sounded like the 'odd couple' with some of their responses to the MC around how they were faring together doing the course.

Red mentioned his injury recovery program had him running again this week.

After the players left, the MC had Gia and Jamie Maddocks (Development and Opposition Coach) up front.

Gia spoke about the coaching group being very much aware of the need for players to improve their ball execution skills and goal kicking so as to improve their onfield performance and I guess that was going to be a fairly obvious conversation, but his response was measured and didn't come across as a set of problems that couldn't be overcome. He did make reference to the team being young and our being beset by injuries, but didn't spend a lot of time offering excuses, but rather talked up the team/players.

Jamie Maddocks described his role as the opposition coach previewing opposition teams and giving feedback to Bevo/coaching group.

It came across from both men that Bevo isn't into a deep dive of an opposition's tactics. Instead he prefers to coach the team how he wants them to play. They also agreed that players don't want a lot of written information about their opponents working better with visual aids that keep any messaging simple.

Looking forward to reading anyone else's impressions of the night and what they heard the players/coaches say.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Smads, great summary.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report Smads57 our WOOF reporter

WOOF is just excellent in particular for those events most of us probably don't go to but a few on here do and report back on the main things from those events.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 20-06-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Smads. Your detailed reports from events and VFL games are a fantastic contribution to this forum.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    It came across from both men that Bevo isn't into a deep dive of an opposition's tactics
    Oh man I hate that term! Thanks for the review Smads
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

From WA Bulldogs

Eagles vs Bulldogs - Pre-game function

Sun July 22nd from 11.30am onwards

The Committee is pleased to announce that we are holding a Pre-Game get together prior to the Eagles game.
    Where: Empire Bar (220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain)
    Time: From 11.30am onwards

We have our own section at the Empire Bar - look for the Doggies colours. Getting to the Game: Short walk across footbridge to train station and then only 1 stop to stadium. Takes 15 minutes. Or you can Taxi across there.
    Lunch & Drinks: Available upon request at the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

LEGENDS & YOUNG GUNS DINNER 2018

East-West Bulldogs, the Western Bulldogs’ supporter group in Melbourne’s south-east is inviting all Bulldogs supporters to its annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner

When: 6:30 for 7.00pm start, Tuesday – 7 August 2018

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Corner Jells & Wellington Roads, WHEELERS HILL. (Melway Ref. 80 H1)

Cost: $75 per head for East-West members and $80 for non-members and includes a three course meal.
    Children under 12: Half Price. Drinks at bar prices .

Young Guns: Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards, Jackson Trengove

Legends: Terry Wheeler, Martin Flanagan – former Age journalist, author of A Wink From The Universe

Club Representatives: To be advised.

Dress: Smart Casual NB: Guests are subject to change RSVP no later than 3 August, 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson Trengove Young Gun
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Jackson Trengove Young Gun
    Yeah a bit old

Post Thanks / Like