Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

I think this week is the last chance for people to get a ticket to the Legends and Young Guns night.

Highly recommended if you haven't been before. It's the equal or perhaps even a bit better than most club functions and nights and I think we are very good at these type of nights.

Last year I was fortunate enough to sit at the table with Fergus Greene and then found out I was also sitting at the same table as WOOF's own Josie.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highly recommend it too. Been last two years and interviews with prior players or coaches and young players is great. Everyone very friendly too. Hope to meet some more woofers there this year. Highlight last year (or was it year before) - apart from lovely chat with GVGjr - was shaking hands with gentleman John Schulz as I was signing in at reception. It was like meeting one of the Beatles....

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Geat night at Legends and Young Guns.
    Caught up with WOOFs own Josie for a quick chat. She was lucky enough to have Adrian Campbell on her table

Trengove, Naughton and Richards were a huge hit with the packed out room. The youngsters have a great sense of humour and more importantly humility and they are certaintly feeling the strains of a long season . Trengove was nothing short of sensational with his blend of humour and the way he deals with the fans. He knows he is in a privileged position and he certainly appreciates that. He thanked all who attended which was an especially nice touch.
    Hes got the ability to be a coach somewhere down the track.

Martin Flanagan was up next and talked about his book acknowledging a couple of the East West members who were in attendence. Those who follow twitter will know one of them well. He gave a level of history about the club which most people wouldn't know about. Wonderful session listening to him.

3 Legends finished the night off, Nigel Kellet is a very a funny guy and provided some great insights on his time at the club. . Adrian Campbell was a bit more serious and Terry Wheeler was at his brilliant best. He was a great coach for us. I got to speak to Wheels which was a bit of a high point for me.

Fantastic night and if you can get there next year at least try and pencil it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, GVGJr spot on-another really enjoyable legends and young guns event. Kevin Hillier is a great MC. Sat next to lovely couple, the woman beside me volunteers for the club and typically she arrives 3 hours before an afl or vfl game to help with food for the boys - helping out club dietician. It was very interesting speaking to her and gaining little insights. Adrian Campbell played late 80’s to early 90’s. Charming, self-effacing bloke - was a great mark according to Wheeler. Adrian struck by serious injuries in last 2 years with dogs and ended up at Demons however after effects of injuries impacted his afl career. With benefit of hindsight he wishes he had stayed at Dogs. Was very successful as player and later coach in regional areas-often playing or being coached by other legends eg Paul Hudson. For those of you who like old movies he looks very much like “super duper Gary Cooper”.

One thing that really struck me from what the young ones and legends shared was the life long friendships of their families eg having holidays or childminding and so seeing their kids grow up together. It’s like they have a big extended dogs family.

And Martin Flanagan is such an interesting person-reiterated what he wrote in his book about everyone (at club, volunteers and supporters) feeling like they had been “players” that contributed to the 2016 cup and that he thinks ours is a very inclusive, great(est) family/grass roots club.

8. Thanks Grantysghost, bornadog, Bulldog4life, Go_Dogs, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Twodogs, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Kellett mention his son Josh who is a possible father son recruit next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Did Kellett mention his son Josh who is a possible father son recruit next year?
    Yes he did, he even mentioned how well the club looks after father son players.

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reports GVGjr and josie. The East West Club the oldest supporter group of ours do a very good job. Really important to grow the club even more out in the east/south east area. I attended EWC day in December - one thing that would be good is if the whole playing group came out for that.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 08-08-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eastdog-come along to next year’s legends and young guns. Would be nice to say G’Day and it is closer to you than Etihad!

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hey Eastdog-come along to next year’s legends and young guns. Would be nice to say G’Day and it is closer to you than Etihad!
    Will endeavour to go in the future. I was at the East West day and family day at Whitten Oval this year. They are also great opportunities to catch up with fellow woofers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to reading the reports from the Inside the Kennel event in Yarraville tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Going?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Went along to the business lunch today. This year it was at Crown, and a good turnout of business people.

Not alot to report except from Ahmeet's speach:

* Third year in a row we will report a million plus profit - great news, never thought I would hear that.

* the club is working with architects on a number of projects to make use of the land given to the club. Some plans will be available around Christmas this year.

That is about all that I can report on as everything else is pretty much out there,

19. Thanks Prince Imperial, josie, azabob, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Event

Post Thanks / Like

The B&F will be live streamed tonight on westernbulldogs.com.au

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news...dal-livestream