Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Was there anyone else missing? I read on FB that someone in attendance didn't see Roughead or Adams, but they conceded that it was pretty packed and they may have just missed them.

Post Thanks / Like

Was pretty surprised to see Daniel so high up the list, thought he regressed for most of the year before having a good last month or two. Guess he was performing roles that the coaching staff wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

I can never make heads or tails of how our coaches vote. Surprised Daniel and Crozier featured so highly (noting they both improved over the latter part of the season), shocked McLean was so low (did trail off a little I suppose) and I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.

4. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I can never make heads or tails of how our coaches vote. Surprised Daniel and Crozier featured so highly (noting they both improved over the latter part of the season), shocked McLean was so low (did trail off a little I suppose) and I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.
    Daniel had a poor season from my perspective but it probably sums up our season if he can finish 5th
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Daniel had a poor season from my perspective but it probably sums up our season if he can finish 5th
    I suppose you’re right, not many votes being handed out to a lot of players so a few slightly better games can swing the outcome significantly. Still, always leaves me confused I see the game so differently to our coaching staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Lachie and all the other placegetters and award recipients.
    I am surprised by some of the voting; just highlights the different lens performances are judged in-house than from a distance.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean, Jack Macrae hasn't won anything? Didn't he win the most prestigious prize of all, the WOOF Marmo Award?

He did win that, didn't he?

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Was there anyone else missing? I read on FB that someone in attendance didn't see Roughead or Adams, but they conceded that it was pretty packed and they may have just missed them.
    Roughead was there. Didn't see Adams.

Edit : From what I understand only Dalhaus was missing. Liberatore was there and seemed quite at ease taking about his holidays. Got back the previous night. Seemed pretty fit also and sober.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    What do you mean, Jack Macrae hasn't won anything? Didn't he win the most prestigious prize of all, the WOOF Marmo Award?

He did win that, didn't he?
    The one that matters.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He was ninth - however I do agree that I saw him going top 5.
    Before Mclean becomes an A grader and does better in the BnF he needs to improve his kicking. He has started to get lot of the ball, but has been wasteful. He did also taper off in the last 5 or 6 games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.
    He missed by one vote, but missed 3 games and did his hammy during one game, so ineffect 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Dahlhause couldn't even get into the top ten, so shows how bad he was.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

McLean started well but his second half of the year was down.

The results of Daniel and even Naughton reflect how poor we were outside of the final month of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Hunter was a huge chance he was everywhere all year, has a tank on him and pretty much was the player who kept trying and leading us.
    Obviously the 4 games missed stopped Macrae and I also wasn’t surprised to see Naughton up there he was unbelievable holding a major position in his first year, even went forward and kicked a goal.
    We have a lot to look forward to in the coming years, this year was a stabilising and a hard look at the list in dedication and hunger.
    We always rated Crozier and once he settled he was enormous.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He missed by one vote, but missed 3 games and did his hammy during one game, so ineffect 4 games.

Dahlhause couldn't even get into the top ten, so shows how bad he was.
    Was he in the top 10 before injury though?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Before Mclean becomes an A grader and does better in the BnF he needs to improve his kicking. He has started to get lot of the ball, but has been wasteful. He did also taper off in the last 5 or 6 games.
    Compare Toby’s year to Caleb’s? I know which one I preferred.

Toby is also a better field kick than our B&F winner.