Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

This is the future and looks bright.

Average age for the WBD top 10 in the B&F tonight - 22 years & 291 days
    The second youngest for any top 10 in the past 9 seasons (GWS in 2013)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is the future and looks bright.
    I don't quite get the logic to this.
    All season long just about every loss was blamed on our young list and yet now the age and games played profile is a positive?
    I don't understand how a player like Caleb Daniel finishing 5th in our B&F after what was a below average season for him is a positive for the club or the player?

It's always nice to hear that the younger players are highly regarded but our coaching staff have a bit to answer to if this is how the votes played out
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Agree It does bode well for the future - however, you don’t win any prizes for being the youngest, so I hope we are active in bringing in some mature agers this off-season (which we appear to be trying to do) to address the short term, seeing as the longer term appears bright.
    Agree. Disappointing to think that we are happy to unload Roughead given his experience character and heroic efforts in our 2016 Finals campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't quite get the logic to this.
    All season long just about every loss was blamed on our young list and yet now the age and games played profile is a positive?
    I don't understand how a player like Caleb Daniel finishing 5th in our B&F after what was a below average season for him is a positive for the club or the player?

It's always nice to hear that the younger players are highly regarded but our coaching staff have a bit to answer to if this is how the votes played out
    You missed one word - FUTURE

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You missed one word - FUTURE
    We desperately need strong on field leadership from the likes of Wood Bontempelli and Morris together with Liberatore and Picken. This is where top 8 Clubs have stolen a march on our performances over the past two years.

Post Thanks / Like

East meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
    Saturday, 8 December 2018
    Gates open at 11.30am
    Kids Clinic will begin at 1pm

Yes, it’s on again this year at Wesley College
    Glen Waverley Campus, High Street Road, Glen Waverley.

Bring the kids and watch them play kick-to-kick and
    practise their skills in training drills with Bulldogs’
    players while you’re enjoying a bacon and egg or
    sausage sandwich from our barbeque.

There’ll be face painting for the kids and an
    opportunity to buy Bulldogs merchandise and
    memberships.

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a nice return for the East meets West club. December rather than January is quite a change
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well that's a nice return for the East meets West club. December rather than January is quite a change
    I think it was in December last year as well. Hopefully more of our playing group come out. Hopefully for both the EW family day in December and WO family day in February the weather isn't too hot as I'll probably go to both again. It's a good trip out with the train to the Whitten Oval.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY FUN DAY

Western Bulldogs fans are invited to come down to VU Whitten Oval on Saturday 15th December to enjoy an action packed day for the whole family, including AFL and AFLW open training sessions, player autographs, entertainment, kids zone and more.

Date: Saturday 15th December 2018
    Entry by gold coin donation

Please note: The club recommends all fans plan to take public transport to the event as car parking is extremely limited in the surrounds of the venue.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If I go great opportunities to catch up with woofers on both the 8th Dec and 15th Dec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY FUN DAY

Western Bulldogs fans are invited to come down to VU Whitten Oval on Saturday 15th December to enjoy an action packed day for the whole family, including AFL and AFLW open training sessions, player autographs, entertainment, kids zone and more.

Date: Saturday 15th December 2018
    Entry by gold coin donation

Please note: The club recommends all fans plan to take public transport to the event as car parking is extremely limited in the surrounds of the venue.
    I believe the time for this event is between 9am to 1:30pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Social Club Xmas party is open for registration.
    --—--------------

To thank you for your support during 2018, we would like to extend an invitation to you for our end of year EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas party.

Due to the success and popularity of the Social Club Christmas party in recent years, it is advised that members guarantee a ticket by registering early.

Please join us for a fantastic night of fun and entertainment which includes:
    Mingling with the AFL and AFLW players, including the Club’s new recruits for 2019
    A panel discussion with Senior Coach Luke Beveridge and members of the 2019 Western Bulldogs AFL team
    The opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and win some fantastic prizes
    Some refreshments will be provided, while additional food and beverages can be purchased at bar prices.

To book your ticket for this event, please register from 10am, Tuesday 13 November.

This can be completed online by clicking below and logging into your My Bulldogs Account or you can call our Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.
    REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE
    Details for the night:
    Date: Tuesday, 4th December 2018
    Time: Doors open from 6:30pm
    Place: Medallion Club – Marvel Stadium, Docklands
    Enter via Gate 9 off Victory Promenade
    RSVP: Due to limited capacity, please register from 10am on Tuesday 13th November.

We look forward to seeing you there!
    Western Bulldogs Membership Team

*Please note tickets for the event will not be immediately available upon registration.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

14. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Past Players AGM and luncheon at Whitten Oval on Sunday with special presentations to acknowledge Clay Smith Kobi Stevens, ‘61 Grand Finalist Alex Gardiner and ‘50’s player Kevin Smith.

16. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Social Club Xmas party is open for registration.
    --—--------------

To thank you for your support during 2018, we would like to extend an invitation to you for our end of year EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas party.

Due to the success and popularity of the Social Club Christmas party in recent years, it is advised that members guarantee a ticket by registering early.

Please join us for a fantastic night of fun and entertainment which includes:
    Mingling with the AFL and AFLW players, including the Club’s new recruits for 2019
    A panel discussion with Senior Coach Luke Beveridge and members of the 2019 Western Bulldogs AFL team
    The opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and win some fantastic prizes
    Some refreshments will be provided, while additional food and beverages can be purchased at bar prices.

To book your ticket for this event, please register from 10am, Tuesday 13 November.

This can be completed online by clicking below and logging into your My Bulldogs Account or you can call our Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.
    REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE
    Details for the night:
    Date: Tuesday, 4th December 2018
    Time: Doors open from 6:30pm
    Place: Medallion Club – Marvel Stadium, Docklands
    Enter via Gate 9 off Victory Promenade
    RSVP: Due to limited capacity, please register from 10am on Tuesday 13th November.

We look forward to seeing you there!
    Western Bulldogs Membership Team

*Please note tickets for the event will not be immediately available upon registration.
    I noticed that the social club party next week is in the Medallion Club on level 2 rather than the Victory room as it has been in the past. Is there enough room up there? The Victory room when fully opened up is pretty big and it is still usually fairly busy.