Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I noticed that the social club party next week is in the Medallion Club on level 2 rather than the Victory room as it has been in the past. Is there enough room up there? The Victory room when fully opened up is pretty big and it is still usually fairly busy.
    Yes the Medallion Club is plenty big enough.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I can't make it this year, I am away
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://eastwestbulldogs.com/2018/10...st-meets-west/

East Meets West

Posted on October 26, 2018 by eastwestbulldogs

Our Annual East Meets West Family day and Kids clinic is on December 8th, 2018. Gates open at 11.30 am
    At Wesley College, High St Road, Glen Waverley.

The players attending will be Tom Boyd, Zaine Cordy, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley, Brad Lynch, Toby McLean, Josh Schache.
    As always this is subject to change.

Starting with our usual delicious sausage sizzle and yummy Egg & Bacon sandwiches.

Also face painting, balloon twister and magician, merchandise sales, membership sales for both Western Bulldogs and EastWest Bulldogs

Our Christmas Hamper Raffle will be drawn.
    Kids clinic will start at 1pm.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hoping to meet Twodogs and a few others woofers at this event. Also hopefully I’ll meet some woofers at the East West Day this Saturday.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 04-12-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Any reports from the Social club event?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Any reports from the Social club event?
    Quite underwhelming this year. Peter G wasn't there. I missed most of Ameet updates.

Power spoke a bit about the new comers. T Duryea spoke few words about being one of the youngest in a team to now be a more senior guy.

They had Bevo, Hunter, Trengrove 'on the couch'-style interview:

Bevo talk about 3 weeks off over XMAS/NewYear which will be a challenge for a young team
    Looking for accelerate development, we should be a bit stronger and can cover a lot more ground.
    Looking for improving skills. Use the footy well. Having team mates moving well around each others, making sure our players are well connected.
    Going to Torquay and Mooloolaba again this year for pre-season training.
    Teach the new guys the essence of our ways of playing
    Push the boundaries
    Stuck to our core principles (didn't really go into detail)
    Team starting this year will probably significantly different to the team finishing last year.
    Adjust A bit off-field (?!)
    He talked a bit a bout the West Coast setup but explained we will stay with our style.

Spoke about rules change next season will enforce us to adapt more. On-field leaders (like Hunter and Trengrove) will required to take on more responsibility to setup, adjust to the game situations where the runner can not enter the field to send out the coaches messages.

We have a lot of belief as a team. That'd come from how we finished off last year.
    Expectation for next year is ... a hard team to play against. Nailing home games in front of the loyal supporters which we haven't done in recent times.

Hope we'll be in for a shoot in the 8 and see what'll happens from there.

Hunter:
    Looking for to going forward a lot with the ball and use his speed.
    No role change. Play on the wing but happy to go anywhere needed for the team.

Trengrove:
    Set standards and a great place for players to enjoy coming to.
    Everyone in good shapes coming back from holiday.
    Looking forward to continue from the last haft of the year. Playing consistently and able to lead.
    Sees himself as Ruck/Forward where he could play his best but can also going back to play a defense role.

So there you goes Easty. That's all what I could remember with my Gold-fish alike memory
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

7. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Choco

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Peter G wasn't there.
    Yes - where was he??

Post Thanks / Like

Xmas party was generally better than any previous ones I recall. Hadn't been to the past 4 though.

Bevo was interesting, he seemed concerned about the rule changes and the impact they could have for him tactically. In his comments I detected an acknowledgment that things like 3rd man up had really challenged his system. Think the restricted use of the runner has him concerned in terms of playing the numbers game in the phone box.

11. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Choc and SOS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Xmas party was generally better than any previous ones I recall. Hadn't been to the past 4 though.

Bevo was interesting, he seemed concerned about the rule changes and the impact they could have for him tactically. In his comments I detected an acknowledgment that things like 3rd man up had really challenged his system. Think the restricted use of the runner has him concerned in terms of playing the numbers game in the phone box.
    Beveridge was a huge advocate for the runners to stay. He even got into verbal tit for tat with Chris Scott over it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Beveridge was a huge advocate for the runners to stay. He even got into verbal tit for tat with Chris Scott over it.
    I can't see one reason why there is need to restrict the runners.

Post Thanks / Like

Any woofers going to the East West Day? I’m here now.

Post Thanks / Like

East West Day Eastdog’s Summary

Not much to report. Bought a raffle ticket at the start but didn’t win anything in the end (5 Christmas hampers for 5 lucky winners who entered). Mainly was just milling around for a while they had a sausage sizzle going so got one and the AFLW premiership cup was on display and also a merchandise tent and WB tent for the kids. Signed up to the East West club as well.

The players (Hayden Crozier, Josh Schache, Brad Lynch, Josh Dunkley, Toby McLean and Caleb Daniel come in around 1pm for the kids clinic and then they took autographs. Liked that Dunks signed my footy with the number 20 as the footy I had was a Bulldogs premiership 2016 footy.

Improvements: Keep the kids clinic but make it more appealing to the adult supporters. I wish they had a open training session with the whole team like the did a number of years ago old school East/West days.

The Bulldog family fun day next week at Whitten Oval seems like it will have more going on open training sesssion etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel sorry for the East West club, this has gone from a thriving day where reporters used to attend to one that has a poor attendance. I talked to the President of the EW club and he mentioned some of it has to do with the Player Association rules around how many extra functions players can attend but really once it lost it's identity as a proper training session it's been going backwards

I got there at 11.25am (5 minutes before the official starting time) and there were plenty of parking still available which is very different to previous years and the committee members had just started setting up. In previous years they were set-up nearly an hour beforehand such was the popularity of the day.

The club needs to get off it's collective arses and put something back into the day. Get Bevo or one of the assistant or skills coaches there and have Power or Austin there to talk about the draft. I used to be able to get a 5 minute chat to Dalrymple most years who would take his kids along. Have Truelson there to talk about memberships and projects. Have someone from the board there or the past players.

I get Ballarat is a big focus but it's just wrong for the club to back away from supporting the EW club

I was there when Jon Ralph would be interviewing players for the Sunday paper, I was there when the Mission Foods announcement was made by Campbell Rose who had to rush off and join the media circus because word had leaked out a bit early. I was there when a very skinny Ayce Cordy was trying to push Will Minson around and failing very badly at it much to everyone's amusement.
    I was there when Rodney Eade was introducing the draftees and when he gave Sam Reid a bit of a clip for testing his will earlier in the week. Time and time again this event attracted a huge audience and it was a chance to see players training their backsides off and officials telling us about the club. It gave everyone a great appreciation of what the club was about in engaging with the members.

It's a damn shame that it's now very much an after thought and the clubs management don't have it on their to do list.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes Eastdog, Prince Imperial liked this post