Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Went along last night and what a fantastic event it was.Spoke to a lot of the boys who are just the best bunch of blokes you could ever want to meet .We have a great club and it was so good to see the cup there can't wait to get my hands on it one day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos BAD and just the general feel of the night at the social club event from woofers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again in the new year and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday January 14th, 2017
    Time: 1pm-2pm
    Where: Wesley College main training ground, Glen Waverley

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs.

The East West Group will be running the BBQ and membership and merchandise will be on sale

For kids participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Go Dogs!

Western Bulldogs Membership
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks N/A, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It'll be an unpopular opinion (and I think people are being a bit precious frankly) but I actually really like the shirt. Bought one yesterday with the singlet and training top. Happy with the ASICS gear all up. Maybe the hoops could be a bit higher but it's not a big deal and will probably look normal once the boys play a couple of games in them.
    Looks great but charcoal isn't in our colour scheme.

We eat charcoal for breakfast. And, um, oranges. Yeah here at the Bulldogs we eat orange charcoal for breakfast.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again in the new year and we would love to see you there!

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs.

The East West Group will be running the BBQ and membership and merchandise will be on sale

For kids participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

Go Dogs!

Thinking of going but will depend on weather. If it's a 40 degree day it won't be very good and if it rains as well but I'm thinking it won't be. Would be great to meet a few woofers there who will be going.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 07-01-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thinking of going but will depend on weather. If it's a 40 degree day it won't be very good and if it rains as well but I thinking it won't be. Would be great to meet a few woofers there who will be going.
    I won't be going this year. The whole concept has changed. Initially it started out as a training drill with all the players there and the President and the Coach talking and introducing the new players and lasting over about 3 or more hours. It now has been condensed into a kids clinic with a few players turning up for one hour. Not for me but I suggest any Woofers with kids it would be a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Go Dogs!

East West? That looks like Whitten Oval in the background.

Post Thanks / Like

10:30am start for the East West day next Saturday but you'll have to contact the East West club for confirmination. They'll be bringing the premiership cups over and we can have a photo with them.

Post Thanks / Like

From Facebook
    Western Bulldogs Supporter Group- Eastern Suburbs
    4 January at 02:05 ·
    Just a sneak peak inside the box that's packed for our East Meets West Family Day in just over a weeks time��. Exact timetable will be released after our meeting Monday night. Most important details are already confirmed. Saturday 14th January @ Wesley College. High St Glen Waverley ( the oval is HUGE). Gates open 10:30am. AFL & VFL trophies will be there !! Yes, you can have your own personalised photos. Take note that the line will be large so come early. The players and kids clinic is expected to start at 1pm. Lots to do and eat in the time before they arrive. Bring your footy to kick, bring your dog if you want to show it off , bring some chairs. Most importantly.. bring yourselves, bring friends, all the family and dress in your Premiers team colours. This is a free event. Gold coin donation is always appreciated.
    No automatic alt text available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    From Facebook
    Western Bulldogs Supporter Group- Eastern Suburbs
    4 January at 02:05 ·
    Just a sneak peak inside the box that's packed for our East Meets West Family Day in just over a weeks time��. Exact timetable will be released after our meeting Monday night. Most important details are already confirmed. Saturday 14th January @ Wesley College. High St Glen Waverley ( the oval is HUGE). Gates open 10:30am. AFL & VFL trophies will be there !! Yes, you can have your own personalised photos. Take note that the line will be large so come early. The players and kids clinic is expected to start at 1pm. Lots to do and eat in the time before they arrive. Bring your footy to kick, bring your dog if you want to show it off , bring some chairs. Most importantly.. bring yourselves, bring friends, all the family and dress in your Premiers team colours. This is a free event. Gold coin donation is always appreciated.
    No automatic alt text available.
    %$#@ that's the main reason for going.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No automatic alt text? What are we, Barbarians or something? Other clubs will be laughing at us.

I always say it's just not east/west day without automatic alt text being available.

14. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd think in this professional era we'd have automatic alt text at all club functions. Goes to show that while we might have won the premiership we still have a long way to go to compete with the big boys.

Pretty disappointing effort IMO

16. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    %$#@ that's the main reason for going.
    It's discriminatory too, I thought we were beyond this as a society. I won't use automatic alt text until it's available to everyone at club or club related functions.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear in my activism, what is automatic alt text?

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just to be clear in my activism, what is automatic alt text?

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying
    It's almost on the level of Dihydrogen Monoxide #BanTheSilentKiller #NoDHMO
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post