Thanks Thanks:  319
Likes Likes:  187
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 436 to 449 of 449

Thread: Events Thread

  1. #436
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

    Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
    Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
    Just think back 25 year...if you can
    There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
    The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

    I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  2. Likes soupaman liked this post
  3. #437
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

    Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
    Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
    Just think back 25 year...if you can
    There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
    The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

    I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members
    That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
    I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

    It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
    I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

  4. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life, azabob, Eastdog, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
  5. #438
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
    I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

    It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
    I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

    Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
  7. #439
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?
    Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
    The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  8. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
  9. #440
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
    The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out
    That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!

  10. #441
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    39,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Did anyone else register for the member forum?

    There were limited seats and I received my invite today:

    Thank you for registering for the 2019 member forum. We are pleased to announce that you have been successful in securing a spot at the event.

    WHEN: Tuesday 25th June
    TIME: 6.30pm-8pm
    WHERE: Victoria University Whitten Oval
    DETAILS: Hear a club update from Peter Gordon, a football update from Luke Beveridge, an AFLW update from Debbie Lee and a Redevelopment update from Ameet Bains.
    Tea and coffee will be provided.

    We look forward to seeing you there.

    Western Bulldogs Membership Team
    I wonder what the club is trying to achieve?
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  11. #442
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Spin at a guess.
    I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk
    I injected some of Hendrixs junk
    I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrds plane
    Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same

  12. #443
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!
    I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  13. #444
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.
    Wow sounds dodgy as.

  14. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    I believe the members forum will be livestreamed on the website. Look forward in hearing what woofers who attend get out of it.
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  16. #446
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wow sounds dodgy as.
    It was, but it was open when most of the other clubs had shut down for the night and entry was free.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  18. #447
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Keen to hear any reports from the Legends and Young Guns dinner tonight? Any woofers in attendance?
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  19. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

    Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

    Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

    Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

    Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

    One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

    Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

    P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).

  20. Likes soupaman, azabob liked this post
  21. #449
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Suburbs
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Events Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

    Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

    Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

    Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

    Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

    One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

    Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

    P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).
    Hi Josie. You covered everything. They were all super impressive.

    Bailey was at the table behind us and chatted with us for awhile. Lovely young man. Going to be a star and his physic is impressive. I remember reading that he was regimented in his meals and that showed last night. Very impressed with him.

    I had been told by my Hawks supporting boss that Taylor was a great club man. He proved that last night - impressive on and off the field.

    I am a fan of Will Hayes. Great to see him really coming out from behind his Dads shadow.

    Robbie and Gia will never change. Good mates off field and it shows. All Gia has always wanted to coach. We have a regular conversation about being in Bevo's job. He told me he is not ready yet, I said that is ok he just signed 3 years you will be ready by then. Robbie says he is tired but would not change a thing. Both he and Gia are looking very tired.

    A couple of past players were in attendance including gentleman John Schultz, Scott West and Ross Abbey.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

  22. Thanks Bulldog4life, GVGjr, bornadog, josie, choconmientay thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •