Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

That is a shame. The functions have taken a hit. The player sponsors dinner was always a highlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes-agree it’s an excellent night. Support their decision with all the uncertainty. Here’s hoping the early 2022 event can proceed and will be celebrating a premiership win.

Post Thanks / Like

Emailed the events team and finally got an answer today. Season launch is next Monday 28th.
    really cutting it fine for people planning to go
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Emailed the events team and finally got an answer today. Season launch is next Monday 28th.
    really cutting it fine for people planning to go
    That's crazy.

We still haven't been told who is replacing Moz as a coterie manager either.

They've had a fair amount of time to organise someone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's crazy.

We still haven't been told who is replacing Moz as a coterie manager either.

They've had a fair amount of time to organise someone.
    Pretty hopeless way to treat high dollar value members.

And are we really announcing a big event like a season launch with less than a week to go? Our commercial partners must shake their heads at the lack of planning and missed opportunities at times.

What is going on down there?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Pretty hopeless way to treat high dollar value members.

And are we really announcing a big event like a season launch with less than a week to go? Our commercial partners must shake their heads at the lack of planning and missed opportunities at times.

What is going on down there?
    It was similar last year, but they had the Covid excuse.

No idea wtf is going on this year. I've emailed them will update here when I find out anything.

Edit : Update from club, looks like a small invite only type gig the same as last season.

---

The event has been run on a much smaller scale the last couple of years and with Covid considerations also at play prior to the season.

In saying this, I know there are a small allocation of tickets that we’ve just gone on sale to Player Sponsors with, so if you were still wanting to attend, I can certainly arrange this.

---

It's 165 per. I assume if you reach out closer to the date and there's room other member categories may be able to attend but I can't speak to this.

Last edited by Grantysghost; 21-02-2022 at 06:13 PM.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SEASON LAUNCH

Monday 28th February 2022

Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm

Dress code: Neat casual

Tickets: $165 per person

Kick off the season in style at the 2022 Season Launch.

Join us to farewell retirees, meet the newest recruits and witness the playing group receive their 2022 jumpers.

Enjoy an exclusive look into the season ahead and hear from Senior Coach, Luke Beveridge and Western Bulldogs officials.

Gourmet canapes and premium beverages provided.

Tickets strictly limited and are subject to availability.

Book Here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Grantysghost, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    SEASON LAUNCH

Monday 28th February 2022

Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm

Dress code: Neat casual

Tickets: $165 per person

Kick off the season in style at the 2022 Season Launch.

Join us to farewell retirees, meet the newest recruits and witness the playing group receive their 2022 jumpers.

Enjoy an exclusive look into the season ahead and hear from Senior Coach, Luke Beveridge and Western Bulldogs officials.

Gourmet canapes and premium beverages provided.

Tickets strictly limited and are subject to availability.

Book Here

No player access is different to last season. Shame but understandable. Good it’s open to all now, I can’t attend unfortunately; BAD you can give us the low down.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 23-02-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to the season launch reports.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Will write something up tomorrow. One notable absentee was Libba with sounds like Covid.

13. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This article sums up the night

Beveridge plots revolutionary road for Bulldogs

Luke Beveridge has challenged his players to become revolutionaries in the Western Bulldogs’ quest for sustained success to become the benchmark club in the AFL.

Urging his players to draw on the spirit of historical figures ranging from Marxist heroes Che Guevara and Rosa Luxemburg to Mahatma Gandhi and Indigenous humanitarian Shirley Coleen Smith, Beveridge called on his players to take the Bulldogs to the top, on and off the field.

In one of the more unusual speeches given by a coach at a season launch, Beveridge referenced some of the world’s greatest problems such as the recovery effort from COVID, climate change and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Under Beveridge, the Bulldogs have broken a 62-year premiership drought and made a grand final but they have not been consistent challengers. He says now is the time for that to change.

“Che Guevara in his Motorcycle Diaries says to be a revolutionist you firstly need a revolution. He’s right of course but someone or some group needs to start the revolution,” Beveridge said on Monday night.

“On a more football-centric scale our Bulldogs revolutionary intent is to establish ourselves as a benchmark of the competition over a sustained period of time and through this generating a groundswell of support that challenges the highest memberships in the competition, broadcasters of the game and nurtures partnerships with existing and potential people and entities.”

The Bulldogs reached 40,000 members on the weekend and say they are on track to break through the 50,000 mark for the first time in their history.

They will open the season in a blockbuster clash with Melbourne, who knocked them over in the last quarter of last year’s grand final.

After the 2016 premiership success, the Dogs missed the finals in the following two seasons and did not win a final for five years.

“At times we’ve been on our way in our revolutionary journey as an outfit but we haven’t been able to sustain it,” Beveridge said.

“The choice is to take the responsibility to hunt down this sustainable success - that is what we’re confronted with.

“In these times where we’re processing the inherent effects of COVID, its uncertain legacy and the future, the uncertainty about the environment, the carbon footprint worldwide and now the atrocity of the Russian advancement on Ukraine there are questions we ask of ourselves.

“What kind of person am I? And what would I do if I could influence some of these significant events that will threaten our futures?

“I can say that I have great confidence in the fact we have exceptional people who are searching for their own personal power and their own capacity to firstly make the choice and take up the challenge for our club and secondly to be someone we can rely on to be first-class citizens and influence society in the way our community foundation does.

“On field and off field we Bulldogs people are conscientious citizens in good company. We are fortunate to work with each other and privileged to work with our members. We can’t wait to see you all at the footy.”

Dogs chief Ameet Bains paid tribute to players and staff for their resilience last year to reach the grand final despite the struggles presented by the pandemic.

“I think the hunger’s there,” Bains said. “To have done what the team did up until the final 30 minutes of that season was astounding in the circumstances and should give us all enormous confidence to what they’re capable of doing this year with a clear run and hopefully fewer injuries.”

Premiership captain Easton Wood and retired Bulldog Lin Jong were presented with life membership of the club.

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting historical figures to choose for reference. Fraught with danger.

I liked his snow button speech from a few years ago, was pure esoteric Beveridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Interesting historical figures to choose for reference. Fraught with danger.

I liked his snow button speech from a few years ago, was pure esoteric Beveridge.
    When he got up on stage, I yelled out Go Chopper (I know I couldn't help myself ), the room did burst into laughter. He made some comments that he was told to shave, but said he won't do it and he was thinking of dying his hair blonde

Love Bevo, so different.

18. Likes Bulldog4life, josie, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can listen/watch Bevo here

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the Bont thanked his partner. Any ideas who it is? Hard not to be curious