Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It's almost on the level of Dihydrogen Monoxide #BanTheSilentKiller #NoDHMO
    I wanted you to know that I clicked like for your post, so you know I did and also now I can feel good about myself for 'doing something' and get back to making Australia Great Again by bringing back automatic alt text.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just to be clear in my activism, what is automatic alt text?

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying

I can remember Terry De Koning but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell his name.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seriously contemplating making the drive from Myrtleford just to get my hands on that cup.

Does anyone have tips on how else to get a photo with it (for less than $150)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm seriously contemplating making the drive from Myrtleford just to get my hands on that cup.

Does anyone have tips on how else to get a photo with it (for less than $150)?
    I'm sure they will have it on display at the Doggies Museum during the season with photo ops.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...meets-west-day

East Meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
    January 10, 2017 6:02 PM

Wesley College in Glen Waverley will again host the annual East Meets West Family Day this Saturday.

Gates will open from 11am, with Bulldogs Premiership stars Jack Macrae, Jake Stringer and Tory Dickson in attendance, along with teammates Matthew Suckling, Travis Cloke, Marcus Adams and Bailey Dale to conduct a Kids Clinic from 1:00pm to 2:00pm, with autograph signing to follow.

Fans will also have their opportunity to have their photo taken with the 2016 AFL Premiership Cup throughout the day, while there will also be kids activities and a BBQ to keep the whole family entertained and well fed.

Event Details:

East Meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
    Date: Saturday 14 January 2017
    Time: 11am - 2pm (Kids Clinic: 1pm-2pm)
    Venue: Wesley College - Glen Waverley Campus (620 High Street Road, Glen Waverley, VIC 3150)

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like not all the players will be in attendance. This event has changed a bit since Bevo was appointed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that was a waste of time. Event started at 11:00am with seven players not scheduled to arrive until 1:00pm for kids clinic. Long slow queue for photos with premiership cup. God knows what everyone was supposed to do if we didn't have the cup there.

Simon Dalrymple in attendance but didn't play a role. No idea why he couldn't have been interviewed. Bloke on microphone simply apologised for long queue for photo with cup and encouraged everyone to sign up with East West club. Very limited merchandise available, sausage sizzle, coffee van and ice cream van in attendance.....that was it.

Jackson Macrae first to arrive just after 1:00pm and remainder arrived late at 1:15pm. Stringer a no-show. Clinic finished at 1:45pm to allow 15 minutes for photos and autographs.

Feels like the East West family day is being deliberately phased out by the footy club. Strongly doubt there will be one next year. I certainly won't be going if the format doesn't change. Shame....it used to a great morning a few years back.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

8. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Well that was a waste of time. Event started at 11:00am with seven players not scheduled to arrive until 1:00pm for kids clinic. Long slow queue for photos with premiership cup. God knows what everyone was supposed to do if we didn't have the cup there.

Simon Dalrymple in attendance but didn't play a role. No idea why he couldn't have been interviewed. Bloke on microphone simply apologised for long queue for photo with cup and encouraged everyone to sign up with East West club. Very limited merchandise available, sausage sizzle, coffee van and ice cream van in attendance.....that was it.

Jackson Macrae first to arrive just after 1:00pm and remainder arrived late at 1:15pm. Stringer a no-show. Clinic finished at 1:45pm to allow 15 minutes for photos and autographs.

Feels like the East West family day is being deliberately phased out by the footy club. Strongly doubt there will be one next year. I certainly won't be going if the format doesn't change. Shame....it used to a great morning a few years back.
    So true. I have thought that was the case for the last couple of years. Thanks AR you just confirmed my decision not to attend today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    So true. I have thought that was the case for the last couple of years. Thanks AR you just confirmed my decision not to attend today.
    Feel sorry for EastWest club. Coming of the back of the premiership the club had a big opportunity to get a big turnout. I hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I went along to the East West Family day and really the main reason a lot of people went was to get a photo with the cup. Would have been good to hear from Peter Gordon and Luke Beveridge but I don't think they came out.

I remember a few years ago the used to give some good speechs. I remember at one of the east west events Simon Garlick spoke and I think might of hosted it. The host there said that they used to have all the players come out and encouraged people to sign up to the supporter group to get possibly try get more events across town.

Got the signatures of Tory Dickson and Jackson Macrae.

All in all I had a fairly good time.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Feel sorry for EastWest club. Coming of the back of the premiership the club had a big opportunity to get a big turnout. I hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves.
    Glad I was unable to attend as I suspected this was going to happen and to be honest how the club has treated the East meets West club over the last few years has been poor.
    It use to be a great day that we always attended
    but I doubt I will make the effort next year if they were to have it.😒

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the website for the East West supporter group.

https://eastwestbulldogs.com/

Post Thanks / Like

This was another huge letdown for the East West Committee who for the third year in a row have been let down by the Club. Interesting to see a number of our senior players involved on TV Sports News last night at a Australian Tennis Open promotion yesterday instead of supporting the East West Club day. A huge let down for the many loyal Bulldog supporters from the Eastern Suburbs.
    The one highlight on the day was to see the huge number of fans lining up to be photographed with the Premiership Cup. Also great to chat to a 77yo lady from Yarraville and an 81YO former Board member now living at Dixon's Creek and to share the thrill of our 2016 flag having both attended our first Premiership win in '54. It really makes you appreciate the depth of support and just how much it means to have won our second flag after 62 years.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    This was another huge letdown for the East West Committee who for the third year in a row have been let down by the Club. Interesting to see a number of our senior players involved on TV Sports News last night at a Australian Tennis Open promotion yesterday instead of supporting the East West Club day. A huge let down for the many loyal Bulldog supporters from the Eastern Suburbs.
    The one highlight on the day was to see the huge number of fans lining up to be photographed with the Premiership Cup. Also great to chat to a 77yo lady from Yarraville and an 81YO former Board member now living at Dixon's Creek and to share the thrill of our 2016 flag having both attended our first Premiership win in '54. It really makes you appreciate the depth of support and just how much it means to have won our second flag after 62 years.
    Yeah that was the dissapointment in that more of the players didn't come out. The host Travis said that back in the days the full team would come out. Used to held in Jells Park before moving to Wesley College. Was hanging out to see Jake Stringer but he didn't come out. We need to make sure we capitalise much more on these type of opportunities out in the east especially now with having success in winning the premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a reason to withdraw support, but what sort of events do the other supporter groups have?

I used to attend the East West day every year with my family, and have been to a few of the young guns dinners. It was great and often meant that the family didn't have to trek over to Whitten Oval for family day, as all of the players would attend (and you got to see them train). It is a real shame that it's dropped off so much.