Thanks Thanks:  58
Likes Likes:  321
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Tim English

Would we be that surprised if he chose to leave?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think English is well settled with us and I'm not overly concerned that another club might pinch him. We are shopping around so I suspect it's full on.

They will need to pay overs to get him so lets see if an actual offer is on the table because it would need to be a good one
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Love how a reporter covers his arse by saying “I think” in other words he has made up a story to be relevant.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing story. We'd love Harris Andrews, or Ben Brown, or Jeremy Cameron, or Connor Rozze. They'd love English. So what Morris?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how good English is going to be once he learns to use his third arm to full advantage!

Post Thanks / Like

Quaid, start the reactor. Free Mars!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Imagine how good English is going to be once he learns to use his third arm to full advantage!

Is that Thing from the Addams Family that Tim is playing on?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

HOW TIM ENGLISH NEARLY LANDED AT COLLINGWOOD

Former Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell says Bulldogs ruckman Tim English would have been a Magpie, were it not for a misunderstanding.

A towering talent from the West Australian wheat belt, English was drafted to Whitten Oval with a first round selection five years ago.

He could have pulled on the black and white 12 months earlier, however.

“If you’re a Collingwood supporter, you’ll want to turn off for about two minutes,” Rendell told SEN’s Dwayne’s World on Thursday afternoon.

“Tim English went to a Catholic school in Perth, and one of our part-time recruiters was a teacher there.

“He said, ‘Can you come and have a look at this bloke? He’s got some talent, he’s a big skinny kid, (but) I don’t know if he’s competitive enough. Come and have a look, and see what you think’.

“I go over and watch him and I thought, ‘He’s got some serious talent, (and) you’re right, he’s not quite competitive enough.’”

Rendell was nevertheless sold on the 18-year-old, but a hurdle loomed with the season coming to a close.

English was yet to play a state league game, ruling him ineligible for draft selection under present rules.

“I said, ‘Okay, here’s what we’re going to do. There’s one game to go in the WAFL, what’s his home team?’” Rendell recalled.

“He lived in Claremont. Claremont weren’t in the finals, they had one game to go.

“I said, ‘Take him down on Thursday once all the paperwork’s in, we’ll qualify him and he can play the game’.

“‘I’ll come over and watch. Hopefully he doesn’t go too good, and we’ll take him as a rookie in the draft’.”

The twist came too late, with Rendell’s scout in Perth informing him on the Thursday that the paperwork had been knocked back.

Before boarding at Christ Church Grammar School in Perth, English lived on a farm with his family in the South Fremantle catchment, and had not lived in Claremont for the three years required to switch his allegiance.

“So Claremont can’t play him. South Freo weren’t in the finals but they’ve finished training, (and) it’s a Thursday, so he doesn’t play on the weekend,” Rendell added.

“(So) I can’t pick him. The next year he plays at South Fremantle, kills it and gets picked what, (19) in the draft. I go, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me’.

“Poor Collingwood supporters, they missed out on Tim English because of that.”

English has kicked eight goals in four games for the Bulldogs this season, his game rejuvenated with veteran recruit Stefan Martin shouldering the majority of the ruck contests.

12. Thanks Topdog, macca, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate listening to Rendell, he is really passed it

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hate listening to Rendell, he is really passed it
    To be honest, I really enjoyed reading that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Better yarn if it was some u/18’s coach over there using their connections with the league to stop it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    To be honest, I really enjoyed reading that.
    The guy is up himself. As Collingwood supporters say, Rendell constantly banging on about how they should have listened to him.

(Ps Article was fine, just on the radio/TV can't stand him)

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit On the match Committee with Sam Hargreaves and Matt Rendell, Randell gives the appearance that he's being held there at gun point. Doesn't look that interested.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I must admit On the match Committee with Sam Hargreaves and Matt Rendell, Randell gives the appearance that he's being held there at gun point. Doesn't look that interested.
    I think that's just his personality, bit of a cynic type, sounds a bit of a miser like Ross Lyon.
    I don't mind listening to him because he's a bit different and doesn't really hold back. You know eventually he is going to
    say something that others wouldn't say and is of interest.