Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  88
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Patrick Lipinski

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thought he was really good, just not as flashy as others. Ie tonight:

15 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50’s, 2 rebound 50’s, 416 metres gained, 2 Goal Assists, 7 Score Involvements, over 94 minutes.

If he did that every week, I’d select him every week.
    Hopefully it's enough for him to hold his spot. I really don't want him to be the yo-yo player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought he was really good, just not as flashy as others. Ie tonight:

15 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50’s, 2 rebound 50’s, 416 metres gained, 2 Goal Assists, 7 Score Involvements, over 94 minutes.

If he did that every week, I’d select him every week.
    These are the stats that matter for Lippa. Given he is playing as a high half forward, these are decent numbers. A little like Scott and McNeil he did his part.

Post Thanks / Like

These are excellent numbers. If he can add few more tackles and a goal a game he be a lock . Really good to see his numbers go up. He should be proud to achieve 50 games , great effort

Post Thanks / Like

Have said it before, but really like how clean Lippa is. Real one grab player. And quite effective as a linking player.
    He's a great runner too, so is really suited by both the wingman and high half forward roles.

Given we have mids who routinely rack up huge numbers, it would be hard for a player like Patty to acculumate big stats, hopefully he can just keep making them impactful.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2018 & 2019 when played as a hard running forward Patty kicked 23.9, with 18 Goal Assists & 66 I’50’s. Averaged in 2018 & 2019 nearly 15 & 22 disposals, 3 & 5 marks and 2.4 & 3.6 tackles too.

I think he can play the role Scott is playing, but offer a more offensive option. I’d like to see Patty move forward and tap into his inner forward again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d like to see Patty move forward and tap into his inner forward again.
    He certainly needs some clear direction...chook without a head springs to mind right now.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

He has played himself out of the 22 this past fortnight, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew the hype in the first round would not last with Lippa. When it gets tough and when it gets hard he just doesn’t cut it. He is definitely not a solution to our current issues besides making us more competitive at VFL level.

Last night against the Eagles he had 21 possessions from 22 centre clearance attendances for only 72m gained. Only two clearances, zero centre clearances (from 22 entries!), only six kicks.

The right decision to let him walk.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I knew the hype in the first round would not last with Lippa. When it gets tough and when it gets hard he just doesn’t cut it. He is definitely not a solution to our current issues besides making us more competitive at VFL level.

Last night against the Eagles he had 21 possessions from 22 centre clearance attendances for only 72m gained. Only two clearances, zero centre clearances (from 22 entries!), only six kicks.

The right decision to let him walk.
    I think he's been a good addition for them and I noted he had six tackles yesterday. I haven't seen the game but maybe he had a different role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he's been a good addition for them and I noted he had six tackles yesterday. I haven't seen the game but maybe he had a different role.
    Maybe. But he wasn’t going to help us. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now if you asked me I’d prefer to have kept Lippy and traded Dunkley who would have given us something better at trade table eg a decent ruck or backman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Right now if you asked me I’d prefer to have kept Lippy and traded Dunkley who would have given us something better at trade table eg a decent ruck or backman.
    I don't understand the obsession by some posters with trading Dunkley. Yes his kicking isn't brilliant, but he is a great ball magnet. Yesterday, 37 disposals (10 cont), and last week 31 disposals. These players don't grow on trees and he is still only 25
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Max469, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't understand the obsession by some posters with trading Dunkley. Yes his kicking isn't brilliant, but he is a great ball magnet. Yesterday, 37 disposals (10 cont), and last week 31 disposals. These players don't grow on trees and he is still only 25
    I agree, Dunkley should be a keeper. It's not clear yet that we will get his signature though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Understand your sentiment.

Dunkley’s woeful goal kicking and general poor kicking skills do my head in. We have too many slow midfielders who can find the ball. Who else can we trade to get something decent in? I wanted him to stay when Bombers almost lured him but seeing how diabolically poor and low in confidence we are, the lack of improvement and reliance on same players, lack of improvement in others and lack of depth everywhere but mids and HBF has placed me in the “who can we afford to trade that has some vale to address some of these glaring deficiencies” camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly Nathan Buckley said Collingwood put up Pat Lipinski for all Australian selection this year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?