Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  88
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Patrick Lipinski

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interestingly Nathan Buckley said Collingwood put up Pat Lipinski for all Australian selection this year.
    He is a worse judge than I thought
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is a worse judge than I thought
    Buckley said COLLINGWOOD put him up for All Australian Selection.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Buckley said COLLINGWOOD put him up for All Australian Selection.
    Ok, they are a worse judge than I thought
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly Nathan Buckley said Collingwood put up Pat Lipinski for all Australian selection this year.
    The club obviously values his performances, good luck to him but he was struggling to hold a spot with us. It was a good move for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ok, they are a worse judge than I thought
    It's probably more a statement of how team-reliant their performance is vs our more individual-reliant performance. They don't need individual brilliance to carry them over the line and have a team of players who all know their role and perform it. That means someone who statistically would be our 5th-7th best mid is someone they can nominate for AA honours.

We rely on individual brilliance right now. Bont or Libba or Naughton need to stand up and carry our team over the line despite the deficiencies we have in structure/system and to a lesser extent personnel.

7. Likes GVGjr, whythelongface, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's probably more a statement of how team-reliant their performance is vs our more individual-reliant performance. They don't need individual brilliance to carry them over the line and have a team of players who all know their role and perform it. That means someone who statistically would be our 5th-7th best mid is someone they can nominate for AA honours.

We rely on individual brilliance right now. Bont or Libba or Naughton need to stand up and carry our team over the line despite the deficiencies we have in structure/system and to a lesser extent personnel.
    Never really thought of us that way but I think you are right. We need more of that team ethos approach similar to 2016. Maybe with our newer generation coming through they form a tight bond - not only do they have star quality but more importantly work for each other in a team sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched both Collingwood finals with interest. I thought he wasn't great in either. He had a few moments when in plenty of space where he used the ball well, but I also saw plenty of moments when the pressure was high that he either fumbled, didn't go hard enough or made poor decisions. This is exactly the issues that we had with him. When you are winning easily, he looks like a superstar. In a big pressure game when the pressure is high, he rarely stands up.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I watched both Collingwood finals with interest. I thought he wasn't great in either. He had a few moments when in plenty of space where he used the ball well, but I also saw plenty of moments when the pressure was high that he either fumbled, didn't go hard enough or made poor decisions. This is exactly the issues that we had with him. When you are winning easily, he looks like a superstar. In a big pressure game when the pressure is high, he rarely stands up.
    2020 Finals against the Saints. Could not lay a tackle! That's not his game and he can play elsewhere on the field.

Bullies offered him a 3-yr deal don't forget.

Also, Lipinski going made it easier to get Darcy. Have to think of it in that context too.

12. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    He's been one of their best for most of the season and they've played in tight close contests for nearly the entire 2nd half of the season. If he was so poor he would have been dropped. He'd be perfect for us, wish we had managed to sway him to stay.

14. Likes chef, immortalmike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He's been one of their best for most of the season and they've played in tight close contests for nearly the entire 2nd half of the season. If he was so poor he would have been dropped. He'd be perfect for us, wish we had managed to sway him to stay.
    I am reliably informed that his decision to leave was based on Bevo and the reluctance to play him.
    His season justifies the decision and I certainly don't believe he would have played every game if he had stayed with us.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I am reliably informed that his decision to leave was based on Bevo and the reluctance to play him.
    His season justifies the decision and I certainly don't believe he would have played every game if he had stayed with us.
    He's a gun player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    2020 Finals against the Saints. Could not lay a tackle! That's not his game and he can play elsewhere on the field
    Played 2 finals with us and had 1 tackle in each. As you say we offered him 3 years and I'm not sure what else we could have done to convince him to stay.

I'm glad he had a good year but AA talk is a little over the top.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

19. Likes SquirrelGrip, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Played 2 finals with us and had 1 tackle in each. As you say we offered him 3 years and I'm not sure what else we could have done to convince him to stay.

Fourth for tackles at the Pies this season. Would've been fifth for us. Macrae 87 was fourth, Lipinski 83.

21. Likes immortalmike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    He was always up against with our depth. He joined our list about 3-4 years too early based on where our core were at. Treloar trade and Bailey Smith being such a gun instantly didn’t help either.

Happy for Lipinski, right move for all involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

TD, you do realise it was his club Collingwood who nominated him for all Australian selection?
    More of an In Bruges guy?