Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic Dogs games you like

Dogs site and afl.com is doing a lot of "On this Day" retrospective game articles. And we can reminisce about other great games ourselves.

Today's one is one of my favourite games - a great comeback, a win on the bell and I was here.

2004 - North vs Dogs @ Manuka Oval Canberra.

There have been some dramatic games with close finishes, including three matches decided by under a goal, the most recent a heartbreaking two-point loss to the Giants in 2017, the teams' first meeting after their epic Preliminary Final encounter the year before.

But for sheer drama and emotion, it's hard to top the very first game the Bulldogs played at the venue, on this day in 2004, when it was simply known as Manuka Oval.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...berra-comeback
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classic Dogs games you like

Fantatsic finish - I haven't watched it for ages.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 3, 2014 a Saturday afternoon at Docklands when we beat the Tigers by 2 points. Went to the game and enjoyed that finish.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Fantatsic finish - I haven't watched it for ages.
    The stats from that game.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/game...220040501.html
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracking last quarter. I remember being super frustrated with the first half...…..the last quarter was great and I think this is the game where I realised that I really think North Melbourne are garbage.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Cracking last quarter. I remember being super frustrated with the first half...…..the last quarter was great and I think this is the game where I realised that I really think North Melbourne are garbage.
    The last 49 seconds:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Eastdog, Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the worst winning goal of all time. The ultimate "yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yeah!!!!" moment.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes WBFC4FFC, Dry Rot, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The last 49 seconds:

That was a great 43 seconds referring to the youtube video length

Post Thanks / Like

Round 12 2016 vs Port Adelaide in Adelaide. We win 100 to 97. Big Red put on a masterclass, Dahlhaus injured (I think he is out for next 4 or do matches). Stringer kicks a beaut goal from centre square. Bont does a great steal off defender and ripper goal too. Our defence was so desperate that sunny arvo. About to watch it again. Prior round against Eagles was also a ripper - both high quality matches you would consider showing overseas folks who know nothing about the game to convert them to the code. Our play in both matches was exhilarating-bullet like handpasses, daring low trajectory kicks, good marking and a few cracker goals from outside or close to 59 metre arc.

Side note: Not sure Campbell plays in Port match but I am still scratching my head as to why he was not given more opportunities after watching round 10 vs Pies and round 11 vs Eagles.

17. Likes Dry Rot, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love those 2 games against Geelong in 2006. Really felt like watching some higher plane of football.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I love those 2 games against Geelong in 2006. Really felt like watching some higher plane of football.
    A one point win to each team wasn't it? I'm not aware of that ever happening before or since
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

When we beat the Swans back in 2015 Round 5 in the end. JJ kicked a magnificent goal.

The Geelong game in 2018. Was great to finally beat the Cats. Could have been the worst game ever had Harry Taylor got the goal but thankfully our efforts put him off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    When we beat the Swans back in 2015 Round 5 in the end. JJ kicked a magnificent goal.

The Geelong game in 2018. Was great to finally beat the Cats. Could have been the worst game ever had Harry Taylor got the goal but thankfully our efforts put him off.
    Hi Easty - I think it was round 15 2016 JJ kicked winning goal - just watched replay !! The 2015 win against Swans in wet was a beauty too (in fact a better game I reckon). Also loved win against Cats too.

23. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hi Easty - I think it was round 15 2016 JJ kicked winning goal - just watched replay !! The 2015 win against Swans in wet was a beauty too (in fact a better game I reckon). Also loved win against Cats too.
    Thanks josie. I mixed the 2 games up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Round 12 2016 vs Port Adelaide in Adelaide. We win 100 to 97. Big Red put on a masterclass, Dahlhaus injured (I think he is out for next 4 or do matches). Stringer kicks a beaut goal from centre square. Bont does a great steal off defender and ripper goal too. Our defence was so desperate that sunny arvo. About to watch it again. Prior round against Eagles was also a ripper - both high quality matches you would consider showing overseas folks who know nothing about the game to convert them to the code. Our play in both matches was exhilarating-bullet like handpasses, daring low trajectory kicks, good marking and a few cracker goals from outside or close to 59 metre arc.

Side note: Not sure Campbell plays in Port match but I am still scratching my head as to why he was not given more opportunities after watching round 10 vs Pies and round 11 vs Eagles.
    Possibly the best suggestion of all time. Excellent work J. Nailed it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.