Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  96
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Lewis Young

Welcome to the Premiers young Lewis.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

He feels like a kid that would've been extremely highly rated next year if no one took him. He's probably the true 'project' of this draft crop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    He feels like a kid that would've been extremely highly rated next year if no one took him. He's probably the true 'project' of this draft crop
    Don't you dare pull out the Scott Clayton classic: "We think he would have been a top 10 draft pick next year" (applied to Wight, Skipper and O'Shea I believe)
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Likes lemmon, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like big guys who can take pack marks.

We have some serious marking power at the club right now with Roughie, Toyd, Cloke, Wood, Adams and this 'young' fellow!

Welcome to the dynasty Lewis
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

6. Likes azabob, BornInDroopSt'54, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Don't you dare pull out the Scott Clayton classic: "We think he would have been a top 10 draft pick next year" (applied to Wight, Skipper and O'Shea I believe)
    At first glance, it's definitely the most Clayton-esque draft that Dalrymple has produced.

With Bevo at the helm, and a gun development set up with Footscray (2 unknowns getting drafted!), we're in a much better position to take these players than we were in the 2000s.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    And Steve Tiller.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Steve Tiller.

Tiller was the most talented of that group. He used to torch Chris Grant at training and not many did that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tiller was the most talented of that group. He used to torch Chris Grant at training and not many did that.
    I was always bullish about Tiller. Shame he didn't make it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was always bullish about Tiller. Shame he didn't make it.

He had a chronic lack of confidence. It's not something I understand myself.

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young excited to move to AFL premier Western Bulldogs.

STURT forward Lewis Young only scraped into the national draft by 11 days and now he’s suddenly joining the AFL’s reigning premier the Western Bulldogs.

Young was one of only six SANFL players drafted on Friday night when the Bulldogs took him with pick No.49.

The 17-year-old doesn’t turn 18 until December 20 meaning he was one of the youngest players in this year’s draft pool but that didn’t deter the Dogs.

The athletic 197cm forward/ruckman spent Saturday saying goodbye to his grandparents at Goolwa before preparing to fly to Melbourne to start pre-season training.

Young played under-18s, reserves and made one league appearance for Sturt this season and impressed with his test results at the draft screening.

“I’m stoked, I couldn’t think of a better club than the Bulldogs,” he said.

“The reigning premier and they have a good young core so I’m really excited to get started.

“I just wanted to get into the AFL and when I heard the Bulldogs at pick 49 (I was hopeful) because they were a club I’d been talking to a bit.”

SANFL talent manager Brenton Phillips said Young had a lot of potential which the Bulldogs clearly liked.

“He played one national (championships) game against Vic Country and he’s a developing young man,” Phillips said.

“In terms of his football maturity and development he’s still what we classify as a baby so he’s got a fair bit of upside to him.

“He tested athletically really well at the combine so that’s what the Bulldogs saw in him, so it was a really good story, they’re the ones you like to see get across the line.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...9b8770f18195f4

15. Thanks choconmientay, bulldogtragic, N/A, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He might end up 200cm+. He's still very young, I reckon some growth left

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dal on the club's website said he may play forward or back. I wonder if we think he's a swingman type or whether he needs to develop in one position.

Post Thanks / Like

He reminds me a little of Jake Carlisle. 197+ with hands like a vice, and looks capable of playing both ends.

Let's hope he steers clear of Snapchat though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes Sedat, bulldogtragic, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He reminds me a little of Jake Carlisle. 197+ with hands like a vice, and looks capable of playing both ends.

Let's hope he steers clear of Snapchat though.
    It's what he was doing that was the problem but anyway if he's anything as good as Carlisle then we'll be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Keen to come to us, seems to be another great young lad with excellent character and by the sounds of it the "go home factor" won't be a problem.(he said touching wood)
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.