Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  49
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Fergus Greene

Might be tough going as a forward for us now but he has a tank, good luck to the kid.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Might be tough going as a forward for us now but he has a tank, good luck to the kid.
    Knows where the goals are, will only need a few decent chances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    5 goals on debut and a rising star nomination. Called it first.
    Would be overlooked for <insert expansion team player here>

4. Likes Sedat, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious question, based on three games limited exposure, is Fergus our most natural forward on our entire list with the exception of maybe Dickson?

He runs to right places, leads and presents well, has a burst of speed & aerobic capacity, has good hands, tackles (av. 3.3 tackles a game), knows how to use and turn his body, touches it enough for a young slight forward (av. 10 disposals a game) averages nearly 5 marks a game - mostly inside 50 - when these are few and far between this year!! He's got a goal in each game, and today generated 6 shots at goal for 1.4 and despite that has a beautiful set shot routine but for long and tight shots today could've been the rising star and also had 8 score involvements today. I can't remember too many forwards in recent years who can boast such natural traits and encouraging results, in spite of some horrid kicking towards him by our mids and poor conditions in Ballarat to debut.

It feels like a stupid question, with a second year player in his third game, but is he our most natural forward on the list (baring Dickson who may retire)?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Testekill, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen his happy dance in the locker room after the game , it’s hilarious . Saw it on Facebook.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Anyone seen his happy dance in the locker room after the game , it’s hilarious . Saw it on Facebook.
    You can't do that!

Link please...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely incredible back half of the season - shouldn't really be surprised he came from nowhere.

I've seen Gowers be compared to Tom Lynch on here but I think it's much more applicable to Fergus.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Serious question, based on three games limited exposure, is Fergus our most natural forward on our entire list with the exception of maybe Dickson?

He runs to right places, leads and presents well, has a burst of speed & aerobic capacity, has good hands, tackles (av. 3.3 tackles a game), knows how to use and turn his body, touches it enough for a young slight forward (av. 10 disposals a game) averages nearly 5 marks a game - mostly inside 50 - when these are few and far between this year!! He's got a goal in each game, and today generated 6 shots at goal for 1.4 and despite that has a beautiful set shot routine but for long and tight shots today could've been the rising star and also had 8 score involvements today. I can't remember too many forwards in recent years who can boast such natural traits and encouraging results, in spite of some horrid kicking towards him by our mids and poor conditions in Ballarat to debut.

It feels like a stupid question, with a second year player in his third game, but is he our most natural forward on the list (baring Dickson who may retire)?
    I’m only half jokingly referring to him as “Bernie” at the game.

Although unfortunately today the “Superboot” tag was struggling to hold up with young Fergus’s inaccuracy.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Fergus, but I think the 20 game rule should apply either way.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the way he presented at and away from the carrier, and some of the spring in his timing for marks was outstanding. He looks to be the type of player who takes the footy at the highest possible point.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Redpath leads pretty well. Schache knows what he is doing. Dickson as you mentioned. Gowers is good too

He's leading to tough spots to kick goals from so his kicking has to really be on to convert
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Must nail those goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Must nail those goals.
    Obvious but good point - also didn't like how pronounced his "arch" seemed to get on his last two shots.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Obvious but good point - also didn't like how pronounced his "arch" seemed to get on his last two shots.
    Played a great game today, love the way he moves too.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    On a positive note he admitted after the game he needs to work on his goal kicking.
    More of an In Bruges guy?