Thread: Our New Jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our New Jumper.

I hope these designs are a joke..

img.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nah they're really low look way better up under the arms. It's a simple thing that has been done incorrectly. Why change it is my question?
    Yeah I dunno, it's a little lower but it really doesn't bother me. Still looks a fantastic jumper.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

img.jpg
    Yay, no more red jumper.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

img.jpg
    Just saw them. Simply awful. What a let down
    after the last 2 months. Tweeted them to let them know. Hopefully they have a very quick rethink.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

img.jpg
    The blue and charcoal ones are only training jumpers but they do look horrendous.

What's wrong with the white one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

What's wrong with the white one?
    Wrong shade of white and the strips are too low
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes azabob, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Richmond have had lots of feedback that their colours aren't right, and with their new sponsor, vowed to return to their traditional colours. Meanwhile, the Dogs have said "Bugger tradition, we're introducing charcoal and pale blue to our colours"....
    http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-01/...for-new-jumper
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Interesting that Richmond have had lots of feedback that their colours aren't right, and with their new sponsor, vowed to return to their traditional colours. Meanwhile, the Dogs have said "Bugger tradition, we're introducing charcoal and pale blue to our colours"....
    http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-01/...for-new-jumper
    All clubs have colours outside their traditional colours in their training gear.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    All clubs have colours outside their traditional colours in their training gear.
    I know, and like these ones, they often look awful. They've gone with charcoal in the media polo, so that will be seen a lot - a big mistake IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Just perusing the media re other clubs' jumper designs for 2017 & it could be a lot worse, ladies and gentlemen!!!

Brisbane have done it again... Their clash guernsey is simply putrid. Hawthorn's is God-awful again - albeit a slight improvement in their Power Rangers monstrosity.. Although, to be fair, gold & brown is a tough gig for designers!

Interestingly, Norf's (lords of the persecution complex) supporters actually requested their club to make a Collingwood-type decision to reverse their stripes... Apparently they developed a chip on their shoulder about being "forced" to wear white shorts at their home games due to their majority white guernsey.... So the club has altered their jumper of the past 80 odd years..

Seems the collective shoulder chip outweighed tradition...

Also means we'll now have to wear a clash guernsey against Norf - rather than them simply slipping on the white shorts.. Even on Good Friday...

You certainly showed them all, Norf!... "Nobody makes us wear white shorts...!"

One thing, though. The lighter blue of our jumpers should mean we never have to wear a clash guernsey against Melbourne anymore.

BTW, our clash guernsey is once again a simple white with a red and a blue hoop. That's a win vs the cartoon bulldog, imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nah they're really low look way better up under the arms. It's a simple thing that has been done incorrectly. Why change it is my question?
    In my opinion the decision is nothing but greed to sell another lot of jumpers/memorabilia, nothing more. Sadly we see this all the time in V8 Supercars, not withstanding that the sponsors of the team may not have changed.

And that is just a sad sign of the times.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    In my opinion the decision is nothing but greed to sell another lot of jumpers/memorabilia, nothing more. Sadly we see this all the time in V8 Supercars, not withstanding that the sponsors of the team may not have changed.

Benefits the club in making money.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not bothered by the colour, but don't like the lower hoops. Should be sitting right under the arm hole.
    Not too fussed about the lighter blue.I wonder if the hoops are lower 'cause we and the AFEL are toying with the idea of having players surnames on the back of the jumpers?
    Or some sort of premiers type signage on them?
    But those charcoal/grey polo's are rubbish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

It's really just an option. Does anyone really buy all 4 jumpers?

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering we will probably sell more jumpers this year than ever before because of our "gold premiers logo" you'd think they would get it right, tho as has been mentioned you can't please everyone. I personally hate the charcoal polo's.