Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  104
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Our New Jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our New Jumper.

Is this really not focused group oriented? Does the club really ride rough shod over these things?

It's a big win for me that our clash jumper is white with two hoops. We have the best home and away jumpers when it's like that. Simple is better.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Women's Jumper looks better, although the blue is not right.

This jumper is rubbish. Tuck the jumper in your shorts and the white will be covered.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Not too fussed about the lighter blue.I wonder if the hoops are lower 'cause we and the AFEL are toying with the idea of having players surnames on the back of the jumpers?
    Or some sort of premiers type signage on them?
    But those charcoal/grey polo's are rubbish!!
    I don't think the hoops go all the way around the back anyway though do they?

Post Thanks / Like

It's Red, White and Blue. That's all I'm worried about.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

6. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes chef, bulldogtragic, dadsgirl16, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the fuss over training tops?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

... because we are now the Premiers and any detail will be put through the magnifying glass

I am not fazed by changes. Maybe we are trying to appear to much younger fan base now and some the the brighter colours, fancier designs are 'IN'?
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

The gold AFL logo on it looks pretty freakin' good to me!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

10. Likes chef, hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    ... because we are now the Premiers and any detail will be put through the magnifying glass

I am not fazed by changes. Maybe we are trying to appear to much younger fan base now and some the the brighter colours, fancier designs are 'IN'?
    IMO, the weirder the better when it comes to training tops.

I'm still searching for a 1996 Dogs jumper with the robo dog inside the diamond combo. I love goofy tops.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a size zero for my newborn son. I'm thinking I'll buy a larger one too so he has a gold logo edition to wear in the future in the unlikely event we don't win more premierships in the next couple of years!

13. Likes The Pie Man, chef, Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Just perusing the media re other clubs' jumper designs for 2017 & it could be a lot worse, ladies and gentlemen!!!

Brisbane have done it again... Their clash guernsey is simply putrid. Hawthorn's is God-awful again - albeit a slight improvement in their Power Rangers monstrosity.. Although, to be fair, gold & brown is a tough gig for designers!

Interestingly, Norf's (lords of the persecution complex) supporters actually requested their club to make a Collingwood-type decision to reverse their stripes... Apparently they developed a chip on their shoulder about being "forced" to wear white shorts at their home games due to their majority white guernsey.... So the club has altered their jumper of the past 80 odd years..

Seems the collective shoulder chip outweighed tradition...

Also means we'll now have to wear a clash guernsey against Norf - rather than them simply slipping on the white shorts.. Even on Good Friday...

You certainly showed them all, Norf!... "Nobody makes us wear white shorts...!"

One thing, though. The lighter blue of our jumpers should mean we never have to wear a clash guernsey against Melbourne anymore.

BTW, our clash guernsey is once again a simple white with a red and a blue hoop. That's a win vs the cartoon bulldog, imo
    We wore our home jumper with white shorts against Melbourne at the G this year - which I was surprised about at the time, though no clash eventuated. Also surprised we played Port in our normal strip with white shorts - no clash, just surprised we weren't forced into it. Think we only wore our clash jumper twice this season (both Perth games)

Doing away with the carton design for the white strip is a win - wouldn't have minded the away strip to feature vertical stripes on the RHS similar-ish to the proposed training tops (didn't we have a night comp jumper like this years ago?) but will take the small win on this.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why the fuss over training tops?
    I'm talking about the actual match day tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Picked up a size zero for my newborn son. I'm thinking I'll buy a larger one too so he has a gold logo edition to wear in the future in the unlikely event we don't win more premierships in the next couple of years!

That shade of blue is close to the 2016 version
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    That shade of blue is close to the 2016 version
    It's probably a trick of the light as well. It is a bit lighter than the BLK version, it's more like the Diadora blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be honest, the players could run around in pink tutu's if they deliver another flag

19. Likes chef, Sedat, dadsgirl16, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    We wore our home jumper with white shorts against Melbourne at the G this year - which I was surprised about at the time, though no clash eventuated. Also surprised we played Port in our normal strip with white shorts - no clash, just surprised we weren't forced into it. Think we only wore our clash jumper twice this season (both Perth games)

Doing away with the carton design for the white strip is a win - wouldn't have minded the away strip to feature vertical stripes on the RHS similar-ish to the proposed training tops (didn't we have a night comp jumper like this years ago?) but will take the small win on this.
    Yeah we did wear our home guernseys against Melbourne at the G this year. That was the first time we'd been allowed to do that in years. I'd previously been pretty vocal about that as there clearly is no clash - particularly in our white shorts.

I believe the thinking might've been that it was a day game. Previous times against Melbourne the game was played under lights or roof. The only jumper our home Guernsey really clashes against is now Norf.

I get a bit miffed when I see us wear wear white against Carlton.

Yes, we did have a night series Guernsey which was white with a blue and white diagonal sash in about 1980.

Personally, I'd love to see the club adopt the jumper we won our first three flags in from 1898-1900 as a clash strip. It'd be a nice nod to the past.