Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting Lineup 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Yeah, I think that they want that extra defensive player in the side, maybe because of his versatility (ie plays back or plays on the ball as a tagger). To change my selections, I'd have Morris starting on the field and would probably drop from the starting 18 Williams. Higgins would also get a game probably starting on the bench. Hence my revised team would probably be:

Callan Harris Morris
    Gilbee McDougall Hargraves
    Griffin Cross Eagleton
    Gia (if fit o/w Hahn) Murphy Akermanis
    Johnson Minson Welsh

Hudson Cooney West

Williams, Hahn, Boyd, Ray/Higgins to fight it out (Everitt if Hahn replaces Gia)
    I just cannot select Callan for the first game without actually seeing him play or train.
    I think Morris is best suited to minding the smalld now so he should be our defensive lock down player. McDougall is another I couldnt select in all confidence until I see him playing. I was happy enough with his form but I do have Williams ahead of him. Id also have Boyd ahead of Eagleton even though Im a fan of Eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harbrow_hero View Post
    would we play 3 ruckmen if Big Will gos forward?
    He'd have do well as a forward for him to stay there full time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    He'd have do well as a forward for him to stay there full time
    He would have to be just about the biggest improver on the team if he was to play close to the full season as a forward. I hope he can but I wouldn't put money on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Yeah, I think that they want that extra defensive player in the side, maybe because of his versatility (ie plays back or plays on the ball as a tagger). To change my selections, I'd have Morris starting on the field and would probably drop from the starting 18 Williams. Higgins would also get a game probably starting on the bench. Hence my revised team would probably be:

Callan Harris Morris
    Gilbee McDougall Hargraves
    Griffin Cross Eagleton
    Gia (if fit o/w Hahn) Murphy Akermanis
    Johnson Minson Welsh

Hudson Cooney West

Williams, Hahn, Boyd, Ray/Higgins to fight it out (Everitt if Hahn replaces Gia)
    Personally, I think that having most players available is highlighting the fact that we have some great depth now.
    The starting line up could be a number of combinations.

Issues with what to do with Callan, Minson, Hargraves, Gilbee, Morris, Higgins, Everitt etc are good problems to have.

Hopefully the right one will be on the field come round 1.....