Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs Shuffle Assistant Coaches

afl.com.au

REIGNING premiers, the Western Bulldogs, have revitalised their successful coaching panel in their quest to maintain a competitive edge.

In another sign that the Dogs won't be satisfied with breaking their 62-year drought, Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has reassigned the responsibilities among his assistants.

Steven King has moved from midfield to defensive coach, Joel Corey has stepped up from stoppages to midfield, forward coach Daniel Giansiracusa has taken over stoppages, reigning VFL premiership coach Ashley Hansen is now in charge of the Dogs attack, and defensive coach Rohan Smith has become the head of development.

Chris Maple has relinquished the development role to take up the post of coaching performance manager.

"'Bevo' just wants everyone to keep developing, which is a great thing, and for us, it is good to keep us on our toes," King told News Corporation.

King was enthused by his new backline portfolio after five seasons in charge of the Dogs' talented running brigade.

"I've loved being a part of the mids, but I am looking forward to working with the backs now," he said.

"Rohan Smith has done an amazing job in defence. The way they play for each other, not only the way they defend, but the way they bounce off and start attacking, has certainly been a springboard for the way we play.

"I walk into the most mature group in the club, with (Matthew) Boyd, (Dale) Morris, (Bob) Murphy, (Matt) Suckling, (Easton) Wood and (Jason) Johannisen."

The Bulldogs' full squad trained together for the first time on Monday, with most eyes on skipper Murphy, who is on the comeback trail from a knee reconstruction, and Collingwood recruit Travis Cloke.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs Shuffle Assistant Coaches

Rucks?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks SlimPickens thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rucks?
    No mention. If the midfield coach has responsibility, then Joel Corey is the quasi ruck coach.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No mention. If the midfield coach has responsibility, then Joel Corey is the quasi ruck coach.
    No good being a ruck coach if you are all hunched over.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Do as I say not as I do.
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow our Lukey baby is an interesting cat.. but I will be backing him all the way. His versatility Mantra extending to coaches, expect T Boyd at full back and Aker to public relations!

Post Thanks / Like

afl.com.au

REIGNING premiers
    Need every Dogs article to start in this fashion
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Need every Dogs article to start in this fashion
    Yes until next Grand Final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes until next Grand Final.
    Then they can write ' The Back to Back REIGNING Premiers.'
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then they can write ' The Back to Back REIGNING Premiers.'
    On fire today KT.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Do as I say not as I do.
    She gave me water!

17. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

afl.com.au

REIGNING premiers, the Western Bulldogs, have revitalised their successful coaching panel in their quest to maintain a competitive edge.

In another sign that the Dogs won't be satisfied with breaking their 62-year drought, Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has reassigned the responsibilities among his assistants.

Steven King has moved from midfield to defensive coach, Joel Corey has stepped up from stoppages to midfield, forward coach Daniel Giansiracusa has taken over stoppages, reigning VFL premiership coach Ashley Hansen is now in charge of the Dogs attack, and defensive coach Rohan Smith has become the head of development.

Chris Maple has relinquished the development role to take up the post of coaching performance manager.

"'Bevo' just wants everyone to keep developing, which is a great thing, and for us, it is good to keep us on our toes," King told News Corporation.

King was enthused by his new backline portfolio after five seasons in charge of the Dogs' talented running brigade.

"I've loved being a part of the mids, but I am looking forward to working with the backs now," he said.

"Rohan Smith has done an amazing job in defence. The way they play for each other, not only the way they defend, but the way they bounce off and start attacking, has certainly been a springboard for the way we play.

"I walk into the most mature group in the club, with (Matthew) Boyd, (Dale) Morris, (Bob) Murphy, (Matt) Suckling, (Easton) Wood and (Jason) Johannisen."

The Bulldogs' full squad trained together for the first time on Monday, with most eyes on skipper Murphy, who is on the comeback trail from a knee reconstruction, and Collingwood recruit Travis Cloke.
    Any thoughts half way through the year?

Post Thanks / Like

The shuffle hasn't worked.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

If it aint broken don't fix it

Post Thanks / Like

This year is going really, really quickly?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite