afl.com.au

REIGNING premiers, the Western Bulldogs, have revitalised their successful coaching panel in their quest to maintain a competitive edge.

In another sign that the Dogs won't be satisfied with breaking their 62-year drought, Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has reassigned the responsibilities among his assistants.

Steven King has moved from midfield to defensive coach, Joel Corey has stepped up from stoppages to midfield, forward coach Daniel Giansiracusa has taken over stoppages, reigning VFL premiership coach Ashley Hansen is now in charge of the Dogs attack, and defensive coach Rohan Smith has become the head of development.

Chris Maple has relinquished the development role to take up the post of coaching performance manager.

"'Bevo' just wants everyone to keep developing, which is a great thing, and for us, it is good to keep us on our toes," King told News Corporation.

King was enthused by his new backline portfolio after five seasons in charge of the Dogs' talented running brigade.

"I've loved being a part of the mids, but I am looking forward to working with the backs now," he said.

"Rohan Smith has done an amazing job in defence. The way they play for each other, not only the way they defend, but the way they bounce off and start attacking, has certainly been a springboard for the way we play.

"I walk into the most mature group in the club, with (Matthew) Boyd, (Dale) Morris, (Bob) Murphy, (Matt) Suckling, (Easton) Wood and (Jason) Johannisen."

The Bulldogs' full squad trained together for the first time on Monday, with most eyes on skipper Murphy, who is on the comeback trail from a knee reconstruction, and Collingwood recruit Travis Cloke.