Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog Fan Still Celebrating

Titus O'Reilly's "report" on Geoff Healey made me laugh out loud and smile on the inside. Love the bit about the full back tattoo! Hope OK to post this in Dogs Day.

http://titusoreily.com/bulldog-fans-...-celebrations/

Bulldog fan gets home from Grand Final celebrations
    Western Bulldog fan Geoff Healey said he was ‘tired but happy’ as he finally returned home from the Grand Final.

When it was pointed out that it was December 7 and a missing person report had been filed, Geoff expressed surprise before breaking into a hoarse rendition of ‘Sons of the West’ before falling asleep briefly while still standing up.

Asked where he’d been since October 1, Geoff said he wasn’t too sure but had been having a wonderful time.

“I remember Bevo giving his medal to Bob and then it’s just a blur.”

“All I know is that I was at The Railway Hotel sometime mid-November, and I may have been at the Plough too, but I’m not entirely sure.

“I do know I’ve got scurvy from only eating pub food for several months and my full back tattoo of Liam Picken’s mark seems to have fully healed.

“How good was Boyd? Also, could you hold my beer, I need to lie down for a bit.”

Upon awakening, Geoff said he was going to watch the replay before having a much-needed shower.

“It’s been the best time I’ve ever had that I can’t remember.”

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Fan Still Celebrating

I can relate
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I can relate

Me too.

I got a text from a mate of mine that I hadn't seen for ages about a week and a half ago. It said what a fantastic game the prelim was, he's just woken up from the bender he went on after we won it and can I get him a Grand Final ticket!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Sedat, Greystache, KT31, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Me too.

I got a text from a mate of mine that I hadn't seen for ages about a week and a half ago. It said what a fantastic game the prelim was, he's just woken up from the bender he went on after we won it and can I get him a Grand Final ticket!
    I saw a mate at work who has been on a couple of month's leave. He expressed surprise that I was still at work and assumed I'd still be hung over.

7. Likes Twodogs, Templeton31 liked this post