Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Johannisen set to double his value in next deal with Western Bulldogs

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Dog for life". "Deal soon".

You beauty!! That Tom Boyd contract is killing us... Tools!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That BLOODY Tom Boyd contract will be the death of this club mark my words.
    #Flogs

Post Thanks / Like

He has genuine love for the club and his team mates. It will be great to have him on a long deal.

He's a very exciting player to watch and hopefully there is still a bit of improvement in him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He has genuine love for the club and his team mates. It will be great to have him on a long deal.

He's a very exciting player to watch and hopefully there is still a bit of improvement in him
    Re-watching the prelim and granny he was super impressive in both, and off what can't have been ideal preparation missing such a block of time

I believe there is still upside in JJ

Post Thanks / Like

Saying all the right things but need that line inked.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

West Coke confirm they are a suitor

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    West Coke confirm they are a suitor
    They are a concern.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They are a concern.
    From Fox Footy

WEST Coast has been confirmed as a suitor for Norm Smith medallist Jason Johanissen.

Club sources and Johannisen’s management have confirmed that the Eagles have registered their interest in the speedy running defender, who is likely to delay a decision until the end of the season.

Johannisen fits West Coast’s profile on two fronts. One, he is a West Australian, and second, the Eagles recognise they could sorely do with more outside run from either behind the ball or in the midfield — where the Giants successfully exploited them on Sunday.

Johannisen’s manager Tim Galic confirmed to Foxfooty.com.au that the Eagles were an interested party. “West Coast has registered an interest in the player,” Galic said.

The Bulldogs are understood to have made Johannisen an offer in the $500,000 plus per season range and there is no suggestion he is seeking a return home to Perth. Victorian clubs, not just the sides from Johannisen’s home state, are also interested in him.

Galic confirmed that the Bulldogs have been a regular dialogue with him and that it was “likely” a decision would be made at the end of the season as Johannisen concentrates on his on-field performance.

The Bulldogs value Johannisen highly but they are also committed to their player payments regime which sees an even spread in their top 15 players, with the obvious exception of ruck/forward Tom Boyd.

Players of Johannisen’s type have increased currency in the 2017 marketplace as clubs place a premium on linebreaking players who can take the game on.

Johannisen’s stocks rose throughout the 2016 season, polling 10 Brownlow votes and seeing him win the Norm Smith medal as best on ground in the Bulldogs' Grand Final victory.

Originally born in South Africa, Johannisen moved to Perth when he was eight years old. The 24-year-old has played 74 career matches since being selected with Pick 39 in the 2011 Rookie Draft. Link

Post Thanks / Like

His manager saying a decision is likely to be made at the end of the season worries me and contradicts recent reports that talks are back on. I'm concerned. I know many will say no-one is irreplaceable but JJ is one of a handful on our list that is intrinsic to our success. Whilst we move the ball wellwe have little pace in our side. JJ is critical to us breaking defensive lines.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    His manager saying a decision is likely to be made at the end of the season worries me and contradicts recent reports that talks are back on. I'm concerned. I know many will say no-one is irreplaceable but JJ is one of a handful on our list that is intrinsic to our success. Whilst we move the ball wellwe have little pace in our side. JJ is critical to us breaking defensive lines.
    Totally agree. I remember when we lost Harbrow who played the same role for us. We eventually found a replacement for him though.... JJ
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

500,000 plus sounds more fair than what we were 'supposedly' offering him initially. IIRC it was 400,000 a year.

Is JJ worth much more than 550K a season? After accounting for the inflation in the salary cap he probably is but holding that stable it's hard to say.

I'd be more confident about sinking more cash into him if he wasn't missing so many shots at goal.

Post Thanks / Like

His manager sounds a long way out of his depth.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

yeah his manager sounds like he thinks he is very important

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confident the club won't overpay on JJ , and for me he's a between 500 to 600 grand player .
    If he gets 800 then good luck

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post