Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That would be worth considering.

Is that all it is? I was worried it might be something serious. Its less than 12 hours after the event and tempers are hot. Let's wait until trade period and see what happens then.
    Surely the interviews don't contain a whole bunch of new news and just cover all the things they've been working on with the coaches every week. No point saving that stuff up.

2. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting comments from Mitch Wallis re Jake.
    https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=131246
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Maclure on SEN actually said Stringer doesn't want to leave. It was the dogs who said they will explore options. This upset him and he was then open to the idea. But seems he wants to stay. It depends if the relationship between club and player is repairable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Sam Maclure on SEN actually said Stringer doesn't want to leave. It was the dogs who said they will explore options. This upset him and he was then open to the idea. But seems he wants to stay. It depends if the relationship between club and player is repairable.
    So many conflicting reports
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Billings and Saints pick 7.
    Saints pick 7&8.

Saints have the most to deal with.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Billings and Saints pick 7.
    Saints pick 7&8.

Saints have the most to deal with.
    To be honest that is massively one sided in our favour. Pick 7 alone would be enough.

Honestly i have zero confidence in McCartney getting a good deal done. Especially with him out of contract. Its not a great situation.

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on Josh Kelly, there's been pretty strong mail around that Kelly to Carlton will get done, with a bit of Judd-like 'outside business interest' involved in the deal. Which is obviously disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably another thread on its own. But how can a premiership club not attract good talent in the trade period straight after, and then the following year with a hopeful bright future. And with a heap of salary cap to lure them? (But then get virtually nothing for Hrovat, go backwards with Stevens and not a lot for Hamling simultaneously - yes player values dropped. But we are losing talent that way and through retirement, and not bringing in talent to replace it seems if Lever & Kelly have decided we are not their destination club).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's all sorts of scuttlebutt going around to be honest and we've seen players over the years not performing to their ability been thrown around as trade bait . Invariably the player doesn't get traded, but gets a significant wake up call . Jake doesn't work hard enough , and sounds like he was told so . I don't think he'll be traded but if we get a decent deal it might happened .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Probably another thread on its own. But how can a premiership club not attract good talent in the trade period straight after, and then the following year with a hopeful bright future. And with a heap of salary cap to lure them? (But then get virtually nothing for Hrovat, go backwards with Stevens and not a lot for Hamling simultaneously - yes player values dropped. But we are losing talent that way and through retirement, and not bringing in talent to replace it seems if Lever & Kelly have decided we are not their destination club).
    Gotta to be taken into account that Hrovat and Stevens wanted more opportunity and being fringe players don't get much currency .
    Hamling's a loss, but the clubs hands were tied by Joel wanting to go home for family reasons .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gotta to be taken into account that Hrovat and Stevens wanted more opportunity and being fringe players don't get much currency .
    Hamling's a loss, but the clubs hands were tied by Joel wanting to go home for family reasons .
    That was more of a side issue. The main issue is elite players were traded last year and likely this year, and it seems none of them are interested in us despite having serious money to spend. It seems winning the premiership has had no impact in making us a destination club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No surprise he'll chase big money elsewhere, given he gets financial advice from Adam Cooney.
    Thumbs down Comrade.

Post Thanks / Like

With a good night's sleep, I think I've calmed down a bit. I still don't want him gone, and think that a clearly prodigiously talented young player whose reputation and form/market value sit so far apart is the sort of player you look to trade in, but that exit interview story, if true, is really disappointing.

Hypothetically, if Stringer was on another side, and this came out, would we not be interested? Him at his best is the exact sort of player we need. I'd only look at offers greater than pick 8, or a pretty serious player.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i'm trying to work out where i sit with all this. Stringer on potential is just a DO NOT TRADE. But his form lately and attitude issues which COULD be toxic to the club offset that.

It would have to be a mega deal for me if we were to trade him. Think Kelly like deal or draft pick better than ours this year or next year. To be honest i'm not interested, particularly this year, in draft picks unless we can use them further in a trade for a Kelly like deal. The thought of Stringer at another club tearing us up gives me shivers. He's the player we've always craved. We cannot afford to let him go cheaply.

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer this year and last year in our premiership year has been dissapointing but as woofers have said when he pops up in those big moments in games he can be a match winner. Jake needs to find more consistency throughout the games and once he can do that he will be a very good and opposition players will start to fear him on field.

It doesn't help when our forward line structure has been all over the shop and delivery in there very poor so that needs addressing so it is not all on Jake but agree would have to be for something very good if we were to consider to trade him out.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"