Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
Casboult would be a huge blunder. Just another clogger who won't add anything we don't already have on the list.
Yep. No doubt we have a gap up there, Moreso if Redpath leaves. But the most talented tall is Lever. I'd rather pursue this avenue and look at our talls. Adams & Young were forwards before joining the club. Both are excellent marks. Rather than clog up our forwardline with a trade, we should be looking at the list and seeing what we can do with lateral thinking. The key of trading is not height, but talent. I think a Lever, Cordy, Wood & Collins and either Adams or Young would give us a very well rounded defence with smalls too for 5-10 years. If we can get Tom Boyd with another good marking athletic tall in Adams or Young (Cloke next year too) with the other forwards sounds good. So I would chase the A grade tall, and manoeuvre the magnets on the board.

Then we have the issue of how to kick to the forwards. The only way I can see us fixing this is changing assistants, and more importantly numerous possibly unpopular trades. But what the point of playing another season missing easy targets, having horrible inside 50's, not kicking to forwards advantage and of course missing more than 50% of shots at goal. If we can't get this fixed, we are stuffed again. And kids who can kick like Webb, will be else where next year while we play Wallis as a CHF and Smith as our nimble forward pocket just to have one paced inside mids across most lines.