Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

I agree with you Kruder. I think we have too many players with poor disposal. Dunkley was good for us last year however we may need to trade out more than what’s been envisaged to date. If we only had crystal balls to see what our list make up will be by end of year....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Griffen played more games for us than GAJ did for Geelong. Ablett left for money and plenty of it but their supporters seem to have accepted the lure of the expansion clubs. Griffen on the other hand essentially had a falling out with the coach.

The coach that was gone within days?

I don't remember Ablett saying he would go away and consider things before getting back to the club and then announcing to the press in the middle of trade week that he was quitting the club and then disappearing. Ive got no problem with Griffen coming back if his body isn't shot he'd be ideal for us. But let's not sugar coat his departure.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Anyone one else think we should use a player like Dunkley to gain more speed and skill into the the side? I just think linpinski is a similar type with more polish and we are seriously long inside mids.
    Willing to shoot Bambi/trade Dahl?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Willing to shoot Bambi/trade Dahl?
    If we can address a need with quality, that's a yes from me.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffen played more games for us than GAJ did for Geelong. Ablett left for money and plenty of it but their supporters seem to have accepted the lure of the expansion clubs. Griffen on the other hand essentially had a falling out with the coach.
    I think you're simplifying things by saying Griffen had a falling out with the coach, essentially. Cameron was into Griffen well before the season ended and the Giants took advantage of a weak captain who couldn't control a dissident bunch of prima donna players and a coach with man management issues.

Griffen stated he was ready to take on the role of captain, and ultimately didn't have the balls to actually say he wasn't when he did so. At the first real test, he failed miserably and let his "mates" almost pull the club down on his watch, it was a weak effort. He was taken full advantage of as a leader.

He has no place anywhere near our football club. Irrespective of his personality type he cut and run when things were too tough for him, I couldn't trust him not to do it again should things become difficult in the future.

As captain and a senior player of integrity he had an opportunity to stand up and be counted. He won't be counted.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Dry Rot, Remi Moses, G-Mo77, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Warner has reported that Melbourne have offered Lever a 5 year deal at 900K a season

I've heard the Crows want 2 first rounders for Lever but I think they will settle on the Dee's first round pick and will eventually compromise and accept a 2nd round pick to be added with it. Melbourne have pick 27 in the 2nd round
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Dear BT (and our other knowledgeable posters):
    Put your fantastic Trading Manager's Cap(s) on - what wouldbe some fair 3 way deals with Geelong & GC?
    OK, lets have a look at the challenge Josie has suggested. I still can't put together a reasonable 3 way trade but I thought I should list what those clubs have and what they are after

Gold Coast
    Notable players requesting a trade
    Ablett to Geelong, Matera to Fremantle
    Currency
    Have pick 2 in the first round and picks 19, 22, 24 and 33 in the 2nd round
    Needs/Strengths
    The need a bit of everything but the have a good spine and some emerging talls. They want experienced players with a focus on the midfield

Geelong
    None
    Currency
    Pick 20 and 34 this year and their first round pick for next year but they also seem to have put Motlop and Menzel on offer and might pick up some compensation there. Darcy Lang is on the trade table
    Needs/Strengths
    They seem to have targeted Ablett, Stringer and Devon Smith, they believe they will still be competitive in 2018. Their list is lopsided with top end talent.

Western Bulldogs
    Jake Stringer is on the trade table currently indicating Geelong as his preferred destination. Crameri and Honeychurch in limbo
    Currency
    Picks, 9, 26 and 39. Crameri and maybe someone like Campbell
    Needs/Strengths
    With Trengove likely to be arriving the focus for the Dogs is more around midfielders and forwards. The Dogs simply need to maximize the return for Stringer and play it from there.

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond General Manager of Football Talent Dan Richardson says the Tigers have lowered their interest in Brisbane youngster Josh Schache.
    Shall we be looking at him?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At the right price.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Warner has reported that Melbourne have offered Level a 5 year deal at 900K a season

I've heard the Crows want 2 first rounders for Lever but I think they will settle on the Dee's first round pick and will eventually compromise and accept a 2nd round pick to be added with it. Melbourne have pick 27 in the 2nd round
    I don't think we can compete with this, even if we are still interested, so let them work through that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    At the right price.
    Even at the right price there has to be some concerns about how important football is to him

Wouldn't he provide us with some great balance though? Boyd at CHF, Schache at FF and both players could help out in the ruck.

I think a mid 1st round pick would interest Brisbane

I think Schache could be a good news story for our supporters though

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we can compete with this, even if we are still interested, so let them work through that.
    I think we can scratch Lever off the to do list. Melbourne are in a great position to get the deal done

Post Thanks / Like

Even at the right price there has to be some concerns about how important football is to him

Wouldn't he provide us with some great balance though? Boyd at CHF, Schache at FF and both players could help out in the ruck.

If he passes multiple interviews and a medical, that's good. He's got the talent. He could be a long term twin tower, and English soon enough. That gives us a longer term solution to Stringer going.

Say we ended up with pick 11. That's about right, but maybe we could ask to trade Martin for Campbell as part of it to try to get a little extra out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Schache could be a good news story for our supporters though
    Geez I'm looking forward to the day when we just expect players to just play one position and learn to play it properly rather than just being OK at a position and adequate in a few others. The game looks crap when it's played this way with everyone around the ball.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

18. Likes Rocket Science, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he passes multiple interviews and a medical, that's good. He's got the talent. He could be a long term twin tower, and English soon enough. That gives us a longer term solution to Stringer going.

Say we ended up with pick 11. That's about right, but maybe we could ask to trade Martin for Campbell as part of it to try to get a little extra out of it.
    I think we could get him with something a bit later but given we don't have it what about picks 11 and 26 for Schache and their pick 19?

I think they might push back on Campbell for Martin unless we added something else.