Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Very funny.

I have to think about it. Could it be this years and next years first rounders, but would that do it? I am not good at this stuff.
    Rhylee West is a possible/likely first rounder next year. Pick 10 & future second rounder secured Jaeger. I think Kelly is worth more, as you say a future first. But that's just creating problems next year. So we from an overall position probably need to trade out a good player this year. So if we want Kelly, then who do we put up?

So far this thread has Stringer & Dahlhaus as options.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly isn't coming to the Bulldogs its pretty simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Rhylee West is a possible/likely first rounder next year. Pick 10 & future second rounder secured Jaeger. I think Kelly is worth more, as you say a future first. But that's just creating problems next year. So we from an overall position probably need to trade out a good player this year. So if we want Kelly, then who do we put up?

So far this thread has Stringer & Dahlhaus as options.
    More competition:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They don't have a salary cap, so it's to be expected....
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Dahl won't be enough to get the deal done. I mentioned in another thread that Dahl might be a tradeable commodity because of his sharp regression in 2017 with regard to ball use and decision making, but after thinking about it in more detail I agree with Comrade in that he is a fabric player that would damage the culture of the club if traded away.

Kelly's worst game will be low 20's possessions, a goal and probably 3-4 tackles. Stringer's worst game has him listed as a missing person on a milk carton. Stringer at his best is dynamic, but it is an increasingly rare occurrence and his tank will always prevent him from being any more than a short burst player in the midfield. And I love Stringer - that goal in the last qtr of the GF is something that maybe 2-3 players in the comp could have kicked - but you have to be bold to get better.
    I'm pretty stubborn with this to be honest. Our forward mix has been dismal this year, and trading out our far and away best forward to add a midfielder (albeit an incredible one) is not the way to fix it. I've written elsewhere that a more competent and trusted backline will do wonders for our forwards, and that little bit of extra openness will do Stringer wonders too. That, and hopefully not busting his shoulder/hamstring/knee/hamstring and getting a full year under his belt.

Dahlhaus has regressed, but not to the point that his coupling with a top-10 pick couldn't command most players. Take the point on board about heart-and-soul, but who says trading a contracted Stringer doesn't go straight to that same heart?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Michaelangelo Rucci suggested that we were perhaps with Adelaide the front runner - we've obviously sought clarity and haven't got it as he doesn't need the distraction whilst their season is rolling

So I think others are right and we want to make sure we don't miss out on plans B, C etc

Post Thanks / Like

Brian Taylor on talking footy reckons it's not right that we are out of the running .
    I'm confused , seems like some ducks and drakes being played by all concerned .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Brian Taylor on talking footy reckons it's not right that we are out of the running .
    I'm confused , seems like some ducks and drakes being played by all concerned .
    I'm pretty sure BT & Lever Snr are close. If BT is saying that, that's interesting. Maybe we are taking it way to see if he misses the thought of being close to home next year on big money with a talented team. Maybe that crystallises Jakes thinking one way or another. But we can't do a 'Hurley' again, so good on JMac for being proactive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm pretty sure BT & Lever Snr are close. If BT is saying that, that's interesting. Maybe we are taking it way to see if he misses the thought of being close to home next year on big money with a talented team. Maybe that crystallises Jakes thinking one way or another. But we can't do a 'Hurley' again, so good on JMac for being proactive.
    I think Levers from Romsey which is where BT lives

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think Levers from Romsey which is where BT lives
    Yep, and I believe they know each other well. I had some family living around there for a long time. I'd trust BTs mail if that's what he's said tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Lever I would be saying leave me alone as I've got finals to worry about.
    Isn't this like poaching in the old days when discussions were held during a season.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Have heard through a reliable source that if Brad Scott leaves north that Jarrad Waite won't get a contract any interest in Waite for a year?

Post Thanks / Like

To old an injury prone

Post Thanks / Like

Herald Sun going with Suns and Pies heavily into Jason McCartney and Simon Dalrymple.

McCartney out of contract this year and Dal next year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Herald Sun going with Suns and Pies heavily into Jason McCartney and Simon Dalrymple.

McCartney out of contract this year and Dal next year.
    In that order?

Wouldn't surprise me if McCartney left, but to that dumpster fire?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -