Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 52 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hypothetical. Josh Kelly tells us and St Kilda I'm happy with your offers. St Kilda offer up picks 7 & 8. We offer up pick 10 and what?
    It could be pick 10 this year and next years first rounder. That would give GWS a pick this year and an extra one in a stronger draft
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It could be pick 10 this year and next years first rounder. That would give GWS a pick this year and an extra one in a stronger draft
    Giving up 1,000 to 2,000 draft points next year with two hopeful candidates under FS and NGA. Seems a lot of points to give up if Dalrymple rates one or both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Giving up 1,000 to 2,000 draft points next year with two hopeful candidates under FS and NGA. Seems a lot of points to give up if Dalrymple rates one or both.
    Agreed, it's why I don't like trading away future picks. Ideally we need to deal with things this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed, it's why I don't like trading away future picks. Ideally we need to deal with things this year.
    Yep. I know it's not popular with fans, but sometimes you need to trade. Especially if there's elite talent ready to improve the side from Round 1.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    In that order?

Wouldn't surprise me if McCartney left, but to that dumpster fire?
    If the AFEL decree and bankroll it in an attempt to put that fire out, quite possibly.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

So far this thread has Stringer & Dahlhaus as options.
    There's a few Father-Sons that may interest them but not sure whether we should go there
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Mantis hack your account again?

Come on, give me some names. Got to give quality, to get quality.
    Hey smart arse, get bent!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hey smart arse, get bent!
    Okay

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs list chief Jason McCartney yet to sign contract extension

WESTERN Bulldogs are yet to lock away their premiership list chief Jason McCartney on a contract extension, leaving him vulnerable to a poaching raid.

The Herald Sun can reveal McCartney’s contract expires immediately following this year’s trade and draft periods at the end of November.

While McCartney is believed to have indicated his strong desire to stay at the kennel, clubs including Gold Coast and Collingwood are both looking to bolster their recruiting teams.

National recruiting manager Simon Dalrymple is contracted for another season with the Dogs and is also considered one of the leading talent identification experts in the country.

Dalrymple has been touted as a likely target for Gold Coast as the Suns prepare to make sweeping changes to their key football staff.

McCartney and Dalrymple and their talent spotters have excelled in recent drafts, despite having one of football’s smallest recruiting budgets.

McCartney, who joined the Dogs in 2012 and was re-signed in 2015, was lauded for his role in helping piece together the Dogs’ drought-breaking 2016 premiership team.

The former North Melbourne and Collingwood key defender secured premiership players Tom Boyd, Joel Hamling and Shane Biggs from other clubs and helped implement a retention strategy to protect their gun youngsters, such as Marcus Bontempelli, from big-money rival offers.

But the architect of the Dogs’ successful list strategy, McCartney, is still facing an uncertain future.

With only one game remaining in the regular season, there has been no movement on his situation as the Dogs prepare to enter another critical exchange period following a disappointing premiership defence.

McCartney is expected to meet with football director Chris Grant for key talks on his future immediately following the Dogs’ season.

They need to defeat Hawthorn on Friday night and rely on other teams ahead of them on the ladder losing to surpass them inside the eight.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay
    it's ok, I knew it was just a bit of fun.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in Mason Cox? Out of contract and fielding a few offers from Hawks and Richmond.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Anyone interested in Mason Cox? Out of contract and fielding a few offers from Hawks and Richmond.
    Not unless we need a new goal post down at Whitten Oval.

Post Thanks / Like

Is ok as a ruck, not so much as a key forward.
    We have Tim English as our developing ruck, I'd rather a cheap ruck in their late 20s as a stop-gap until English is ready.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Box Hill's ruck/forward combo of Vickery & Cox will send shivers across the entire VFL competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is ok as a ruck, not so much as a key forward.
    We have Tim English as our developing ruck, I'd rather a cheap ruck in their late 20s as a stop-gap until English is ready.
    I tend to disregard anything that come out of David King's mouth so against my better judgement I'll raise his endorsement of Jake Spencer as an 'ideal mature age, ready made option for a team needing help in the ruck'.