Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 102 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

If we have to deal with Geelong for Stringer, I'd be interested in kolodjashnij and Blicavs. KK can seriously play and Blicav's athleticism would help.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2017

Wouldn't mind seeing if Mabior Chol from Richmond wants a bit of opportunity. I've rated him every time I've seen him play at VFL level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing if Mabior Chol from Richmond wants a bit of opportunity. I've rated him every time I've seen him play at VFL level
    What position does he play Lem?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What position does he play Lem?
    He's a bit of a swingman at VFL level but I like him as a tall defender. Good above his head, zones off well and is a lovely field kick.

doughawkinswing Guest

Was hoping we'd have a go at Darcy Lang on the cheap, but he was pretty impressive yesterday, cats may want to hold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doughawkinswing View Post
    Was hoping we'd have a go at Darcy Lang on the cheap, but he was pretty impressive yesterday, cats may want to hold.

It's been reported today that like Menzel Lang hasn't had a decent offer put in front of him as the Cats look to clear salary cap room for a forward line that might look like Hawkins, Dangerfield, Ablett and Stringer in 2018.

Lang seems to be a pretty good player and at 21 the former number 16 pick from the 2013 draft might attract some interest.

Where would you seem him fitting in with us?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's been reported today that like Menzel Lang hasn't had a decent offer put in front of him as the Cats look to clear salary cap room for a forward line that might look like Hawkins, Dangerfield, Ablett and Stringer in 2018.

Lang seems to be a pretty good player and at 21 the former number 16 pick from the 2013 draft might attract some interest.

Where would you seem him fitting in with us?
    Wouldn't mind him as part of a trade for Geelong. Not a straight swap though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Wouldn't mind him as part of a trade for Geelong. Not a straight swap though
    Something with Crameri ?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Me, I'd let them lose all their fringe players whilst we negotiate on Stringer to them. Maybe Crameri for Lang/Menzel. Ask GCS to hold off on GAJ. Then in the last hour if trade week when Menzel, Lang and others have gone I'd do this:

- Out offer the GCS trade wise and GAJ comes to us, or retires.
    - Tell Stringer he's staying and not getting anywhere near Geelong.

Let them *!*!*!*! themselves as they burn their 'own' for the chance at another, and block them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Me, I'd let them lose all their fringe players whilst we negotiate on Stringer to them. Maybe Crameri for Lang/Menzel. Ask GCS to hold off on GAJ. Then in the last hour if trade week when Menzel, Lang and others have gone I'd do this:

- Out offer the GCS trade wise and GAJ comes to us, or retires.
    - Tell Stringer he's staying and not getting anywhere near Geelong.

Let them *!*!*!*! themselves as they burn their 'own' for the chance at another, and block them.
    Our club better play hardball with Geelong its overs or nothing with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Our club better play hardball with Geelong its overs or nothing with them.
    Hardball with anyone would be good. I understand being cooperative on fringe trades, but Tahleeya (1 pick improvement), Hrovat (5 pick improvement) and Stevens (net loss of draft points equal to a 4th rounder) are pointless. We may as well delist them and let the players go to their destination club as a delisted free agent rather than trade really. I get why we took it in all cases, but it's a lot of resources tied up for SFA.

Hopefully with alleged quality on the table in Crameri & Stringer we aren't taking 'the best we could in the circumstances'. It's an interesting period coming up and we need every little bit we can get.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WCE facing a 100+ belting, relying on Mitchell & Priddis who are going. I think they need to hit the draft, I wonder if someone like Duggan might be floated to Victorian clubs looking for a good kicking runner?

Post Thanks / Like

There was talk of Gaff being up for trade ! I'd be shocked with the depth of the mids if that were true .

Post Thanks / Like

Hardball with anyone would be good. I understand being cooperative on fringe trades, but Tahleeya (1 pick improvement), Hrovat (5 pick improvement) and Stevens (net loss of draft points equal to a 4th rounder) are pointless. We may as well delist them and let the players go to their destination club as a delisted free agent rather than trade really. I get why we took it in all cases, but it's a lot of resources tied up for SFA.

Hopefully with alleged quality on the table in Crameri & Stringer we aren't taking 'the best we could in the circumstances'. It's an interesting period coming up and we need every little bit we can get.
    Talia ? Anything we got is decent

Post Thanks / Like

WCE facing a 100+ belting, relying on Mitchell & Priddis who are going. I think they need to hit the draft, I wonder if someone like Duggan might be floated to Victorian clubs looking for a good kicking runner?
    They have that sameness about them thats for sure, I don't think Simpson puts faith in the kids enough.