Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 104 of 142 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Looks like not all players leave for the big money. Good on him for sticking with the group.
    I think he signed for 800-900K per season. Not peanuts.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wingard rules; if we were to look at Stringer leaving as a breach of duty where the compensation required would be to put us in as close a position as we would have been had the breach not occurred, then Wingard would likely be the order issued.

(I'm in a remedies lecture at the minute but this seems fair)
    I've never really thought about it but how does anyone pay attention in lectures anymore with iPads and phones to play with?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've never really thought about it but how does anyone pay attention in lectures anymore with iPads and phones to play with?
    Record and listen at 1.5 speed

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Fingers crossed he's good mates with Jackson ...
    Impey is that.

Apparently Trengove gave a commitment to his father to look after him.

Should we try to get him?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    When you're getting stung $500 a pop then you find a way. That and a decent web-blocker.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wingard rules; if we were to look at Stringer leaving as a breach of duty where the compensation required would be to put us in as close a position as we would have been had the breach not occurred, then Wingard would likely be the order issued.

(I'm in a remedies lecture at the minute but this seems fair)
    I posted their stats recently. They are so close in almost every stat, it's almost uncanny.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Storm gathering pace that Hinkley's about to walk out on Port for the Sunshine Coast.

If it becomes official, could there be other persons of interest on top of Trengove to shake out of Alberton amidst the fallout?
    Hinkley now has a 3 year extension on his contract with Port. Shows you how much the journos know
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hinkley now has a 3 year extension on his contract with Port. Shows you how much the journos know
    Ha. Much to the chagrin of the Port faithful.

Strap in, it's gonna be a looooong month.

For entertainment value perhaps we need a thread dedicated to media bluster that fizzles in the atmosphere and burns up before hitting the deck. Though I fear we won't have the bandwidth to accomodate it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The media are getting worse

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. How wrong was my information, I was told he was happy to go. Hinkley must be a helluva poker player.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

So we weren't linked to Martin & Fyfe. Lever is apparently Melbourne bound and Kelly has knocked back all comers, presumably including us. The only big name player is Stringer and he's outbound - put your bids in clubs. The only players we are linked to are Trengove & Crozier, who are good honest footballers.

I wonder why we can't attract or persuade really good players to the kennel?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So we weren't linked to Martin & Fyfe. Lever is apparently Melbourne bound and Kelly has knocked back all comers, presumably including us. The only big name player is Stringer and he's outbound - put your bids in clubs. The only players we are linked to are Trengove & Crozier, who are good honest footballers.

I wonder why we can't attract or persuade really good players to the kennel?
    Perception > reality and whatever the actual story is, we are not a destination club at the moment. Need to rely on $$, moneyball and/or start negotiations with players.

Post Thanks / Like

Would Jack Watts be worth having a chat to? Melbourne are apparently willing to consider offers.
    He's a good lead up forward in the role that Crameri should have been able to play plus he is a good kick for goal. His kicking into the forward line is typically pretty solid.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Would Jack Watts be worth having a chat to? Melbourne are apparently willing to consider offers.
    He's a good lead up forward in the role that Crameri should have been able to play plus he is a good kick for goal. His kicking into the forward line is typically pretty solid.
    Azabob and I were having this chat on the weekend some time about Watts & Stringer. I'd look at it for the price. Both Stringer & Watts had a down years, but their stats were identical or just in Watts favour. I think Watts needs a new home and a Bevo like coach to climb that rind he can't do at Melbourne. Maybe Bevo could have a new role for him?

The price is the only issue. If we could do the Tigers trade points deal for 15 & 16, then I'd be happy to offer 16. They can package 11 & 16 for Lever. So everyone's a winner.

We still have 15 & 39, Watts, Trengove and whatever for Stringer if he's out the door. Hopefully a quality midfielder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Azabob and I were having this chat on the weekend some time about Watts & Stringer. I'd look at it for the price. Both Stringer & Watts had a down years, but their stats were identical or just in Watts favour. I think Watts needs a new home and a Bevo like coach to climb that rind he can't do at Melbourne. Maybe Bevo could have a new role for him?

The price is the only issue. If we could do the Tigers trade points deal for 15 & 16, then I'd be happy to offer 16. They can package 11 & 16 for Lever. So everyone's a winner.

We still have 15 & 39, Watts, Trengove and whatever for Stringer if he's out the door. Hopefully a quality midfielder.
    Melbourne would take pick 26 for Watts in my opinion. I don't think we would need a first pick for them. They will get Lever with a first and 2nd rounder.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"