Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hey GVGjr, I'm going through club websites looking for talls, not currently rucks, that could ruck in the Bevo mould. You've mention Rory Thompson before. From what I can glean, he's a history of injuries and is a KPD. But he's 200cm and 91+kg.

If we let Campbell go, which we should, could Thompson get turned into a hybrid player we can throw into a Bevo wanting rucking & KPP role?
    From my perspective the Thompson interest is in part around that I think he's a good footballer who might be gained on the cheap and I'm thinking that if we were to trade Campbell we have the option of using Trengove there a bit more.
    I'd also like to look at Cordy as the CHF this year much like how GWS use Himmelberg.
    I'm not sure if he could ruck but perhaps Bevo's version of what a relief ruckman should do would be OK for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From my perspective the Thompson interest is in part around that I think he's a good footballer who might be gained on the cheap and I'm thinking that if we were to trade Campbell we have the option of using Trengove there a bit more.
    I'd also like to look at Cordy as the CHF this year much like how GWS use Himmelberg.
    I'm not sure if he could ruck but perhaps Bevo's version of what a relief ruckman should do would be OK for him.
    Thanks G. Would we need to shop Roberts then? Another KPD I think tips the list a bit, and I think he'd have some suitors all be it at a modest return.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G. Would we need to shop Roberts then? Another KPD I think tips the list a bit, and I think he'd have some suitors all be it at a modest return.
    I'm surprised if a couple of clubs haven't sounded him out. Collingwood have cleared out some tall defenders over the last two years and could probably do with some depth. Having said that I think Roberts was stiff to be dropped last year and I think he's a decent player.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised if a couple of clubs haven't sounded him out. Collingwood have cleared out some tall defenders over the last two years and could probably do with some depth. Having said that I think Roberts was stiff to be dropped last year and I think he's a decent player.
    Yep, Collingwood. Plus St Kilda were rumoured to be considering Talia after his delisting. And Geelong lost a few decent KPDs. So theres a few clubs after mature KPDs. Might be one to watch this week, especially if Tomlinson isn't traded.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Absolute ripper individual as well.
    I watched some YouTube highlight and he seems a tricky Rioli style quick small forward.

What's his defensive pressure like?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I watched some YouTube highlight and he seems a tricky Rioli style quick small forward.

What's his defensive pressure like?
    More of a goal scoring wingman than a small forward. Would need to work on defensive pressure.

Struggled a bit under a hard tag in second half of this season

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...%22&view_all=1

8. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN are indicating that with Lobbe likely to head to the Suns we have an interest in Tom Nicholls

In other Port Adelaide news, ruckman Matthew Lobbe will visit the Gold Coast next week as the Suns look to bolster their ruck stocks.

It comes after uncertainty surrounding the future of Suns ruck Tom Nicholls, with the Western Bulldogs making enquiries on the future of the talented junior.

I think this is the 2nd time we have asked about him.

If you believe the speculation in the media we have an interest in Martin and/or Nicholls.

Post Thanks / Like

For the second time, I'm a little confused why we have asked about Nichols.

Unless he's steak knives to a Saad deal...

Post Thanks / Like

For the second time, I'm a little confused why we have asked about Nichols.

Unless he's steak knives to a Saad deal...
    In 2016 he strung together some good performances and maybe we think we can get that from him. We've been attached to a few ruckman since Bevo arrived so maybe he just doesn't rate what Roughead and Campbell offer as ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2016 he strung together some good performances and maybe we think we can get that from him. We've been attached to a few ruckman since Bevo arrived so maybe he just doesn't rate what Roughead and Campbell offer as ruckman.
    Luke Beveridge coached Nicholls’ brother Pat in 2008 — the year St Bedes Mentone won the A-Grade VAFA premiership.

13. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was that his rookie year. I do recall him being thrown to the wolves because of injuries and was very good. He was a Supercoach dream, rookie ruckman getting tons ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Was that his rookie year. I do recall him being thrown to the wolves because of injuries and was very good. He was a Supercoach dream, rookie ruckman getting tons ��
    He's been there since 2012 and in 2015 and mainly in 2016 he performed well. He's had issues with injuries mainly his knees.
    He's 203cm and mobile. I don't think we need him but it's curious why we keep getting linked to ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Would happily rookie Nicholls. Low risk and potentially high reward, and we do need one more ready made ruckman as cover on the list.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would happily rookie Nicholls. Low risk and potentially high reward, and we do need one more ready made ruckman as cover on the list.
    Believe he is contracted and regardless someone would offer him a primary list spot anyway. No chance of being a rookie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Storm gathering pace that Hinkley's about to walk out on Port for the Sunshine Coast.

If it becomes official, could there be other persons of interest on top of Trengove to shake out of Alberton amidst the fallout?
    Wingard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Fingers crossed he's good mates with Jackson ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wingard rules; if we were to look at Stringer leaving as a breach of duty where the compensation required would be to put us in as close a position as we would have been had the breach not occurred, then Wingard would likely be the order issued.

(I'm in a remedies lecture at the minute but this seems fair)
    So 12 months ago to the day, woofers put out Wingard's name for trading into the club for the very first time. Now theres a real chance he comes our way. Take a bow woofers. To HD's point from 12 months ago, Wingard would be our remedy, or new improved version of the role Stringer played temporarily. A satisfactory settlement over the course of 2 trade periods with Schache & Richards and fingers crossed Wingard.

19. Likes Rocket Science, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post