Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

I did pretty well in remedies and can confirm this holds up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

If this gets to the last hour of the trade period HD, we are sending you in to explain why this needs to happen and then finish the trade contract.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Gowers was the remedy to Stringer, Wingard would be just rubbing it in!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope JMac targets none of our players, unless it’s fringe players and gives us an AGrader.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd be all over Alir Alir if I were us, he made a silly mistake missing training like that but he's played quality football in a position we are crying out for and right now his stock is at a bit of a low because the other kiddie, Melican is it? has taken his spot? None of the other names inspire any confidence though. I'd rather give Dal the draft pick to use.
    I remember thinking toward the end of the third quarter on Saturday night that if Alir Alir was playing for us then we'd be ten goals in front and the game would have been put to bed already.

I'm spewing that the Swans virtually gave him away and he went to another club.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe JMac shouldn’t target umpires in their private room with threatening abuse.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Maybe JMac shouldn’t target umpires in their private room with threatening abuse.
    It's nothing serious. About on par with kicking a player in the head or gouging their eyes.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's nothing serious. About on par with kicking a player in the head or gouging their eyes.
    Or knocking out Caleb’s teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben McKay (we can dream) or Riccardi.
    Chol as a UFA budget option if we want to save draft picks.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ben McKay (we can dream) or Riccardi.
    Chol as a UFA budget option if we want to save draft picks.
    I'm all aboard the McKay train but he's likely to command 700k or more at North given their cap space needs to be spent on someone. No way we can match that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm all aboard the McKay train but he's likely to command 700k or more at North given their cap space needs to be spent on someone. No way we can match that.
    Depends if he stays for $700,000 per your number, of if he’d leave for $650,000 to a premiership contender.

Assuming Wallis (say $400,000) exercised his free agency rights (GVGjr suggesting North are into him), and say if Richards (who is on North’s radar per the The Age (say $400,000 also). North have said they won’t trade picks. McKay and a draftee salary would be the $800,000 in salary savings and the reports are we have some room left. While still signing everyone we want. I also suspect another player or two with some value may ask for a trade.

Stranger things have happened....

Post Thanks / Like

I think the continued talk about losing Richards is premature. He's always been played when available, and I think will continue to be played once available again.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the continued talk about losing Richards is premature. He's always been played when available, and I think will continue to be played once available again.
    Not saying that comes from our side at all. North obviously talking to The Age about being after him and the promise of more years or much money or position he wants, or whatever else, maybe Richards hears them out. The larger point was if a few players move this year like in 2016 (Hamling, Stevens, Hrovat), we might have the flexibility in the salary cap to pursue another really decent KPD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    North just won't allow him to leave. They have to invest in players like him not let them go.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I remember thinking toward the end of the third quarter on Saturday night that if Alir Alir was playing for us then we'd be ten goals in front and the game would have been put to bed already.

I'm spewing that the Swans virtually gave him away and he went to another club.
    Honestly TD, I’m surprised you are still on the Alir bandwagon in particular what happened after halftime.

He started the game in short sleeves and ended the game in long sleeves.

I thought you had old school footy principles that would not allow those shenanigans...
    More of an In Bruges guy?