Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Twodogs does not thank for this post!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes bornadog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Martin is seemingly on the move, putting contract talks off until the end of the year is usually a bad sign.

He is probably incredibly unlikely to be coming to us, but hypothetically would you take him? No doubt he is a gun player, but his character is questionable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dustin Martin is seemingly on the move, putting contract talks off until the end of the year is usually a bad sign.

He is probably incredibly unlikely to be coming to us, but hypothetically would you take him? No doubt he is a gun player, but his character is questionable.
    Would not want Martin anywhere near our group.

The salary he would be after is better used keeping the players we already have.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes 1eyedog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Twodogs does not thank for this post!
    May be you like him in this jumper

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiel won't be going anywhere

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-3...appy-at-giants

Although i'm not sure the article can be taken seriously when it contains a mistake or two:

"Shiel’s declaration is sure to please Giants' fans" pretty sure that shouldn't be plural.

He also said he loves it up there so perhaps the whole article was being sarcastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Fyfe to St Kilda has been a fairly strong rumour, I could also see them throwing around the sort of big money that Dusty wants. Culture be damned.

Shiel has said in an interview today that he has no plans to leave the AFEL Giants.

As for us, our needs are the same as always. If Adams leaves, then we definitely need another ready-to-go KPD. Outside run and skills is always helpful, but it needs to be someone who will buy in to the contested mantra as well.

As far as actual names, who knows? Barrass appeals, Kelly would be great. Either of the McGovern brothers would be ideal (but unlikely).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Last time his manager through his name around he had to go back to Richmond with his tail between his legs.
    Big no from me, he is not the sort of character you infect on a great bunch of kids.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Fyfe to St Kilda has been a fairly strong rumour, I could also see them throwing around the sort of big money that Dusty wants. Culture be damned.
    Surely if the Saints have a shot we must be in the running, who wouldn't want the opertunity to play under Bevo ?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    As far as actual names, who knows? Barrass appeals, Kelly would be great. Either of the McGovern brothers would be ideal (but unlikely).
    Both have plenty of upside and either would slot nicely into our backline.
    As mentioned in a previous post Barrass would be idea especially if we can't keep Adams, I can't see it being easy though as I think he is WA born and bread.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    "Fake news. Didn't happen. This is just the left wing media. All lies."
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

12. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is anything in the war chest after we have looked after our own I would love to have a crack at Zaharakis. Good player who would be in our best 22, is flexible, the right age bracket and can be a point of difference for minutes in a game.

He's 27 at the start of the season so get Stew to ask him if he wants a premiership before he retires.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If there is anything in the war chest after we have looked after our own I would love to have a crack at Zaharakis. Good player who would be in our best 22, is flexible, the right age bracket and can be a point of difference for minutes in a game.

He's 27 at the start of the season so get Stew to ask him if he wants a premiership before he retires.
    Isn't DZ the new Jim Jones? I recall some media last year around him pressuring Hurley to stay and be 'loyal'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Isn't DZ the new Jim Jones? I recall some media last year around him pressuring Hurley to stay and be 'loyal'.
    Actually you're right.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Zaka bleeds red and black. More chance of Bevo moving to Zimbabwe mid season.

I'm not sure the players we really want are gettable at a decent price. I'd consider an old, experienced defender who can provide leadership on field because we've lost every game we've played without Matty Boyd in the past two years and it's likely we lose Morris and Murphy in the next year or two as well.
    Wood is a leader but not sure anyone else down there is.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Zaka bleeds red and black. More chance of Bevo moving to Zimbabwe mid season.

I'm not sure the players we really want are gettable at a decent price. I'd consider an old, experienced defender who can provide leadership on field because we've lost every game we've played without Matty Boyd in the past two years and it's likely we lose Morris and Murphy in the next year or two as well.
    Wood is a leader but not sure anyone else down there is.
    Yep a reliable and experienced defender (who can actually defend) is something we need a couple of. We lose three of the best over the next couple of years. There's a fair chance that we may have lost one already. Murph isn't back on the park yet.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Pittard is an RFA we can consider (having passed over him to take Christian Howard).
    Not much else really appeals from a FA/RFA perspective.

At a stretch, Rockliff as a Matty Boyd substitute.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers