Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 20 of 142 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Just a reminder for all Lever has done an ACL before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just a reminder for all Lever has done an ACL before.
    Who at the dogs hasn't done an ACL!

I just did mine walking and typing this on my iPad. Off to my surgeon tomorrow and hopefully some decent posts in 12 months.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Dry Rot, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Adelaide will want more than our first round, I suspect a player will be in the mix.
    Anyone have an idea who they would realistically will target ?
    They will ask for Caleb to start with for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide tables offer to in-demand defender

ADELAIDE has put an offer to in-demand defender Jake Lever, but he's in no rush to sign on the dotted line as rival clubs line up for his services.

Lever and his management held off negotiations until a new collective bargaining agreement between the AFL and the AFL Players' Association was finalised.

But Lever confirmed on Tuesday afternoon the Crows had made an offer through his manager Ned Guy.
    "The Crows have tabled something, so it's about talking about it with my manager and (partner) Jess and deciding," Lever told radio station 5AA.

"I haven't put a timeline on it; whenever it gets done, it gets done.
    "I'm not sure I want it to be done before the finals, because if it's a decision I have to make, I don't want to be rushed into it just because it's just before finals.

"It's important to think about everything and get everything negotiated.

"I trust my manager and I trust the club."

Lever emphasised he is happy at the Crows and his focus is solely on performing his role for the team.

Despite all the ongoing speculation where he might play next year, Lever's form on the field hasn't faltered.
    He was superb in last Friday night's 59-point thumping of the Western Bulldogs with 22 possessions and 11 marks.

It's been reported the Bulldogs are prepared to table a lucrative five-year deal to Lever in the vicinity of $4.25 million.

A meeting between Lever's dad and Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney last weekend added fuel to the fire, but Lever said it was simply a case of two friends catching up.

"My dad is mates with Jason McCartney and went away to Europe together on the AIS trip and go to know each other, so I wouldn't read anything into that," Lever said.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Say we have to give up pick 10 at least, would there be a midfielder of quality still at that point in a draft this year? Since we went for KP types last year I was really hoping a mid with speed and skill might be around with our first pick?
    There would most likely still be a few guys available
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They will ask for Caleb to start with for sure.
    Am I overrating Caleb in saying that if he was part of the trade, then the draft pick should be no higher than a second rounder?

FWIW I absolutely do not want him to be part of a trade. Caleb is a genuine talent in my view with an elite skillset with his vision/decision-making.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel is an elite mover like Sam Mitchel,they are dam hard to get a hold of. I don't remember Mitchel being as good as Caleb at his age. He is definitely not on the table. Only up for this lad when everyone is putting in. What they would be entitled to for an absolute gun like Lever, he tore us a new one the other night, is something like pick 10 and a Webb or Williams as the cherry on top. And boy is he worth it. 195 and moves like that with judgement and vice like hands. Soon to be the best defender in the league in my opinion. I don't want to jinks him but he has Morris like concentration to his job, almost robotic like he is that determined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Adelaide tables offer to in-demand defender

ADELAIDE has put an offer to in-demand defender Jake Lever, but he's in no rush to sign on the dotted line as rival clubs line up for his services.

Lever and his management held off negotiations until a new collective bargaining agreement between the AFL and the AFL Players' Association was finalised.

But Lever confirmed on Tuesday afternoon the Crows had made an offer through his manager Ned Guy.
    "The Crows have tabled something, so it's about talking about it with my manager and (partner) Jess and deciding," Lever told radio station 5AA.

"I haven't put a timeline on it; whenever it gets done, it gets done.
    "I'm not sure I want it to be done before the finals, because if it's a decision I have to make, I don't want to be rushed into it just because it's just before finals.

"It's important to think about everything and get everything negotiated.

"I trust my manager and I trust the club."

Lever emphasised he is happy at the Crows and his focus is solely on performing his role for the team.

Despite all the ongoing speculation where he might play next year, Lever's form on the field hasn't faltered.
    He was superb in last Friday night's 59-point thumping of the Western Bulldogs with 22 possessions and 11 marks.

It's been reported the Bulldogs are prepared to table a lucrative five-year deal to Lever in the vicinity of $4.25 million.

A meeting between Lever's dad and Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney last weekend added fuel to the fire, but Lever said it was simply a case of two friends catching up.

"My dad is mates with Jason McCartney and went away to Europe together on the AIS trip and go to know each other, so I wouldn't read anything into that," Lever said.
    Certainly doesn't do our chances any harm that JMac is friends with Mr. Lever. A big plus for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Adelaide will want more than our first round, I suspect a player will be in the mix.
    Anyone have an idea who they would realistically will target ?
    It doesn't really matter if Jake nominates the Bulldogs. They way it seems to work these days is the player nominates the club he wishes to go to and a deal will have to be done. Obviously we will make a deal in good faith but we won't be giving up any players we wish to keep and whom are happy to stay. Now if Caleb has a desire to go home that's a different story. But my god we cannot give up any of our good ball users.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Our SA boys are Daniel, Williams, Hamilton & Young. I presume they want a local who won't have a 'go home factor'.

If we have to go more, then I'd prefer a 2018 second rounder making it nearly identical to the O'Meara trade.
    *sigh*

apart from Hamilton the rest of those boys are needed on our list. Probably contain our best ball users. We might have to give up Young which i don't like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    *sigh*

apart from Hamilton the rest of those boys are needed on our list. Probably contain our best ball users. We might have to give up Young which i don't like.
    You have to give up something good to get something good. They won't want a tall, as they have plenty, plus Young is completely unproven. They may want draft picks, so a deal would have to be worked out, perhaps involving other players and another club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You have to give up something good to get something good. They won't want a tall, as they have plenty, plus Young is completely unproven. They may want draft picks, so a deal would have to be worked out, perhaps involving other players and another club.
    I wasn't implying just Young. Thinking our first plus Young. Might be our first plus a future 2nd. They'll want picks to go after Gibbs and/or Hopper

Edit: Feel like i'm getting ahead of myself here. Don't want to get hopes up like last year. Will think about trade value once it's official he wants to join the doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gee mantis I think you're doing some hindsight posting yourself .
    Clay Smith thouroughly deserved on form to be signed , as did Picken .
    Johannisen deal is about right, yes he's out of form , but line breaking back man are in great demand .
    Picken deserved a contract, but 2 years vs 1 was a concern a few posters raised at the time.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Picken deserved a contract, but 2 years vs 1 was a concern a few posters raised at the time.
    Picken at his age I'll concede was risky , but Smith deserved another contract .He was immense in the month that counts

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Picken could revert to a more defensive/run-with role as a bit of a circuit breaker to help find some form. Starting with Docherty this week.