Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 27 of 142 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Do we really need more than 4. Tom Campbell improved before he was injured. Then you have Roughy and Tom Boyd. Plus Tim English who is coming along nicely in the VFL. I think we need a couple of genuine speedy players mids/forwards.
    Boyds not a full time ruckman and is needed up forward. History would say Roughead and especially Campbell are prone to injuries and given English probably needs another season to build up strength and endurance a short term option could be worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I know he's woefully out of form now, but could Goldstein be worth considering?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Probably not. He is on a lot of money and apparently has a lot of off field issues.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Probably not. He is on a lot of money and apparently has a lot of off field issues.
    Yeah, his salary was fix around him being the best ruck. Makes me skittish. If we are after a mature ruckman, if, then Kruezer has shown he can stay fit since we allegedly did a medical on him in 2015 when he first became a free agent. I could see Bevo liking him as a versatile ruckman. If I were BTC I'd be asking for a trade out, so a free agency in of Kruezer could work out as a big net gain on the list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Goldy's suffering from being the only ruck
    Looks beat up for mine ,and on big coin .
    Interesting Stevo tweeting that vic clubs think Lever is getable

Post Thanks / Like

Lever's as on the table as JJ was. Or Hurley was, or as Aker was.........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How could we convince a #1 ruckman to come to us when the sell is "we already have a Roughead/Boyd combo as our preferred option"?

We're going to have enough issues convincing Campbell to stay (if we even want to convince him, which I hope we do as his depth is important), and in fact I don't think we should be trading anyone in unless Campbell does ask for a trade. Even then it should be a second-stringer that has room for improvement and does not cost much, similar to how other clubs would view Campbell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    How could we convince a #1 ruckman to come to us when the sell is "we already have a Roughead/Boyd combo as our preferred option"?

We're going to have enough issues convincing Campbell to stay (if we even want to convince him, which I hope we do as his depth is important), and in fact I don't think we should be trading anyone in unless Campbell does ask for a trade. Even then it should be a second-stringer that has room for improvement and does not cost much, similar to how other clubs would view Campbell.
    English will be a star Mark my words.
    If the rumours are true about Goldstein off field I can't see him being at North next year.
    They should be playing Pruess anyway in my eyes.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yeah, his salary was fix around him being the best ruck. Makes me skittish. If we are after a mature ruckman, if, then Kruezer has shown he can stay fit since we allegedly did a medical on him in 2015 when he first became a free agent. I could see Bevo liking him as a versatile ruckman. If I were BTC I'd be asking for a trade out, so a free agency in of Kruezer could work out as a big net gain on the list.
    Kreuzer is having an excellent season but is unlikely to be going anywhere:

The 28-year-old ruckman is enjoying one of the best seasons of his career. Attracted rival interest, particularly from Collingwood, when he was last a free agent in 2015, but is reportedly close to activating a games-based trigger clause in his existing contract that will bind him to the Blues in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was massively bullish on Kreuzer when he was last out of contract - at the time his value was at its lowest due to injury/form and he would have been a free agent on that $500k a season level. He is basically a better and more talented version of Huddo - that contested animal beast ruckman type who fights and scraps like an inside mid after the hitout. And he can genuinely pinch hit up forward and take a clunk.

Still a big fan but his age now makes him a less attractive proposition. Would still investigate at the end of the season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Ailir Ailir. Very talented player seemingly on the outer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Thoughts on Ailir Ailir. Very talented player seemingly on the outer
    Contracted until the end of 2018 but worth a look if we don't get Lever.

Post Thanks / Like

Re rucks, I wouldn't touch Tippett with a barge pole.

Could we find a capable ruck in one of the state leagues? IIRC there is a mature ruck called Baulderstone from SA in the draft

Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
    Maybe the 26-year-old has missed the boat, but we've seen AFL clubs take a punt on older ruckmen in the past. Baulderstone has been the standout big man in the SANFL for the past couple of years. His tap work is excellent and he gets around the ground well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-1...eir-draft-case
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

16. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Kreuzer is having an excellent season but is unlikely to be going anywhere:
    Yeah I read that. It might be like the Dal Santo FA situation where depending on the offer Carlton &/or MK may not activate the extension for the compo. If they got a second rounder (about pick 20) and MK wanted to go, then he can still move as a FA on the Dal Santo precedent. But he may want to stay in any event.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Re rucks, I wouldn't touch Tippett with a barge pole.

Could we find a capable ruck in one of the state leagues? IIRC there is a mature ruck called Baulderstone from SA in the draft

Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
    Maybe the 26-year-old has missed the boat, but we've seen AFL clubs take a punt on older ruckmen in the past. Baulderstone has been the standout big man in the SANFL for the past couple of years. His tap work is excellent and he gets around the ground well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-1...eir-draft-case
    Sounds like an ideal option. Mature, fits what we want from a ruck, no expectation of a starting 22 spot.