Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 29 of 142 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Not so sure about that. Mumford has been thoroughly average this year and they seem to want Lobb as the tallest third tall forward of all time.
    He has been better than Goldy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Talk that West Coast could be having a big list clean out at the end of the season. Any interest here? Mackenzie could be work a look, don't know much about McInnes but could provide ruck depth?

Dozen look good: Eagles could make 12 list changes at season’s end

GONE
    Sam Mitchell, age 34: Almost certain to retire and join the club’s coaching panel.
    Drew Petrie, 34: Has been valuable because of injuries to Nic Naitanui and Scott Lycett but this will be his last season. Has worked on West Coast’s AFLW bid but could return to Melbourne.
    Jonathan Giles, 29: Journeyman ruckman turns 30 in January and has a significant knee issue.
    Paddy Brophy, 23: Called time on his AFL adventure earlier this year to head home to Ireland.

IN SERIOUS DOUBT
    Matt Priddis, 32: Has a contract for 2018 but playing on may also mean spending significant time in the WAFL. May opt to retire.
    Mark LeCras, 30: Turns 31 at the end of next month and has battled hip and back problems for much of this year.
    Simon Tunbridge, 24: Back playing reserves for East Perth after LARS surgery but career has been marred by ankle, knee and shoulder issues. His chance may have passed him by.
    Sam Butler, 31: Sole survivor of the 2006 premiership team. Has had a couple of soft tissue injuries again this year. Time may be up.

PLAYING FOR THEIR CAREERS
    Sharrod Wellingham, 29: Doesn’t have a contract and has been in the WAFL in recent weeks. Has talent but fast running out of time to show it.
    Eric Mackenzie, 29: Has struggled since his 2015 knee reconstruction and finds himself on the fringes now. Touch and go.
    Josh Hill, 28: If LeCras goes he may be kept but has been in and out of the team, with limited impact when in.
    Fraser McInnes, 24: Club’s call on him is likely to depend on how it views its ruck stocks. Has battled for AFL games but may be kept on for depth.
    Eagles in big trouble due to List mis-management. Have only debuted a couple of kids in pass couple of years, lot's of older players way passed it

Personally, no interest in the above.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk that West Coast could be having a big list clean out at the end of the season. Any interest here? Mackenzie could be worth a look, don't know much about McInnes but could provide ruck depth?

Dozen look good: Eagles could make 12 list changes at season’s end

GONE
    Sam Mitchell, age 34: Almost certain to retire and join the club’s coaching panel.
    Drew Petrie, 34: Has been valuable because of injuries to Nic Naitanui and Scott Lycett but this will be his last season. Has worked on West Coast’s AFLW bid but could return to Melbourne.
    Jonathan Giles, 29: Journeyman ruckman turns 30 in January and has a significant knee issue.
    Paddy Brophy, 23: Called time on his AFL adventure earlier this year to head home to Ireland.

IN SERIOUS DOUBT
    Matt Priddis, 32: Has a contract for 2018 but playing on may also mean spending significant time in the WAFL. May opt to retire.
    Mark LeCras, 30: Turns 31 at the end of next month and has battled hip and back problems for much of this year.
    Simon Tunbridge, 24: Back playing reserves for East Perth after LARS surgery but career has been marred by ankle, knee and shoulder issues. His chance may have passed him by.
    Sam Butler, 31: Sole survivor of the 2006 premiership team. Has had a couple of soft tissue injuries again this year. Time may be up.

PLAYING FOR THEIR CAREERS
    Sharrod Wellingham, 29: Doesn’t have a contract and has been in the WAFL in recent weeks. Has talent but fast running out of time to show it.
    Eric Mackenzie, 29: Has struggled since his 2015 knee reconstruction and finds himself on the fringes now. Touch and go.
    Josh Hill, 28: If LeCras goes he may be kept but has been in and out of the team, with limited impact when in.
    Fraser McInnes, 24: Club’s call on him is likely to depend on how it views its ruck stocks. Has battled for AFL games but may be kept on for depth.

No interest in any of those guys except maybe Tunbridge but I'm an awful hoarder so I'm the last person to ask about list management decisions, I'd still have Les Bamblett on the list. Having said that even I'd manage to make a call on that list of players without too much anxiety.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Left-field consideration - Kieran Jack.
    Would come cheap, is experienced and may be on the outer if the Swans are getting a warchest together for a Martin bid (if rumours are true, Reid and Tippett are out too).

He's not huge but is a tough little bugger.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Tim Watson was saying Tippett to the dogs is a rumour, obviously take with a grain of salt we are linked with every tall available as usual.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Sounds like Tim Watson was saying Tippett to the dogs is a rumour, obviously take with a grain of salt we are linked with every tall available as usual.
    Oh no... Well, maybe if it was a Jade Rawlings trade (to North). That is, like we did with JR, they pay a humongous amount of his salary and they actually trade the dogs up the order (Our 38 into their circa 31) just to clear him out. Even then, Rawlings didn't fire a shot at North, but they did get Swallow with the upgraded pick we gave them with Rawlings.

Otherwise god no. Tom Williams looks like a picture of fitness and physical reliability compared to Tippett. Not to mention Tom Williams & Tippett have had similar impacts of AFL Grand Finals.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    I would happily take. Goldy. Scott Thompson Adelaide. Ailir Ailir and Lever. That will do us fine for a year or two while our boys beef up a bit. Thompson in the middle protecting Bont
    Announced his retirement earlier in the week.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Left-field consideration - Kieran Jack.
    Would come cheap, is experienced and may be on the outer if the Swans are getting a warchest together for a Martin bid (if rumours are true, Reid and Tippett are out too).

He's not huge but is a tough little bugger.
    Why would any club (park clubs included) take Tippet? Is he contracted past this season?

Post Thanks / Like

At the right price any sensible club would go for Tippett. The problem is the price, not the player.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    At the right price any sensible club would go for Tippett. The problem is the price, not the player.
    I guess he's been available for selection but his form hasn't justified it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Why would any club (park clubs included) take Tippet? Is he contracted past this season?
    He's contracted until the end of 2020 so it's going to be very difficult for Sydney to move him on.

Post Thanks / Like

He's contracted until the end of 2020 so it's going to be very difficult for Sydney to move him on.
    I hope 17 clubs refuse a trade on him. They've made their bed, through shit conduct to get him there for nothing, they can lie in it as far as I'm concerned. Including losing players to salary cap issues, taking up a spot and being unable to bring in good players because there's no money. This is my preference on Sydney & Tippett.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No interest in any of those guys except maybe Tunbridge but I'm an awful hoarder so I'm the last person to ask about list management decisions, I'd still have Les Bamblett on the list. Having said that even I'd manage to make a call on that list of players without too much anxiety.
    Josh Hill?

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron Young kicked an excellent goal today in last min of Port vs Saints. I wonder what has been keeping him out of the side ? As there are a few players vying for that forward spot , can he play in midfield ?
    Last edited by GVGjr; 30-07-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Typos fixed

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks would , they took Vickery.
    Carlton might , they took Jones and resigned him !
    Bring back the biff