Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I forgot about that one. My guess is that it was seen as helpful to the player but I wonder if the question around us footing some of the salary was part of it as well?

Given the picks were close I can see the AFL ticking that one off and I doubt other clubs would challenge it but I think us getting say pick 30 and Tippet for pick 60 might be more heavily scrutinized.
    Surely pick 6 for Lachie Veale is far worse a manipulation of the trade system from us and Hawks, than say Tippett and pick 30 for pick 75 (St Kilda's 5th coming to us) They signed off on the Veale Deal.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Surely pick 6 for Lachie Veale is far worse a manipulation of the trade system from us and Hawks, than say Tippett and pick 30 for pick 75 (St Kilda's 5th coming to us) They signed off on the Veale Deal.
    There was plausible deniability and I don't think that would fly now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't close to the same thing though. One was manipulating the draft, this would be 2 teams working on their list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Hypothetically speaking;

Say Lever stays, and we are still allegedly flush for cap space; do we just take on Tippet's whole salary?

In the NFL this past season, the Browns took on an atrocious contract from the Texans, and in the process also obtained a second round pick from them. I think we could look at a similar type deal, taking on Tippet's whole salary and a 2nd pick for a pick in the 160's. He's only contracted for next season anyway, and it would give Dalrymple another swing at a guy in the 20's, which seems to be his passion in life. Plus who knows, he might be not horrible? The guy that the Browns got in their trade is slated to start at Quarterback for them on opening day.

Sydney are rumoured to be chasing every big fish every single year, so they will probably need the cap space Kurt is currently chewing up. I think it makes for a pretty pragmatic move.
    As I posted a few pages back, he's contracted until the end of 2020.

He isn't on as much money as he was originally though - he renegotiated a longer term for less dollars.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

He isn't on as much money as he was originally though - he renegotiated a longer term for less dollars.

Link
    A massive no way to Tippett, I don't care what he is on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A massive no way to Tippett, I don't care what he is on.
    Agreed - we've already got a younger better Tippett - his name is Tom Boyd.

Tippett was a very good player but those days seem behind him and he doesn't fill a need for us.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Link
    Hmm that obscures it a bit then. I'd think about it for their first.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I have this feeling JMAC might be a target himself surely Collingwood come for him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I have this feeling JMAC might be a target himself surely Collingwood come for him?
    Well if he leaves it will be for next seasons draft .. A little late for this years one.
    It's an interesting thought though as a recruiter do you go to a club that's on the rebuild or stay with a club you have built and know exactly what's going on and your successful.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Signed a new contract with Dal not long ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else coming around to Rockliff as free agent?

Today: 22 disposals (77% efficiency), 4 marks (2 inside 50), 2 goals & 1 goal assist, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, smattering of other stats. - Against a pretty good midfield today too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Today: 22 disposals (77% efficiency), 4 marks (2 inside 50), 2 goals & 1 goal assist, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, smattering of other stats. - Against a pretty good midfield today too.
    I'm not against him especially given his effort against Bryce Gibbs the other week shows he can another role than just a high possession winner. Apparently he has a few clubs interested in him and we haven't been linked to him yet
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not against him especially given his effort against Bryce Gibbs the other week shows he can another role than just a high possession winner. Apparently he has a few clubs interested in him and we haven't been linked to him yet
    he's not tall enough for the media to link him to us...

15. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw Port Adelaide were leading the chase, whatever that means mid-season.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for adding another quality midfielder to our mix if it allows Bont to play more forward time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.