Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 34 of 142 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

I'd rather Kelly than Lever and then a ready made ruck (poor Campbell seems perennially injured, even more than Roughy) plus someone like Alir as another speedy backman. However I am not sure we can afford Kelly so Lever back and free up Young, Adams and possibly Roberts to be a forward is ok too. And unless we can make a small, quick, goal kicking forward out of Honey or Dahl or Smith i think we need one of those too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I'd rather Kelly than Lever and then a ready made ruck (poor Campbell seems perennially injured, even more than Roughy) plus someone like Alir as another speedy backman. However I am not sure we can afford Kelly so Lever back and free up Young, Adams and possibly Roberts to be a forward is ok too. And unless we can make a small, quick, goal kicking forward out of Honey or Dahl or Smith i think we need one of those too.
    If we are still good for HBFs next year, I wonder if JJ could be the quick and high pressure forward that can chase down tackle and rush opposition disposal. His goal kicking seems steady and overhead marking also seems ok. Or could we try Lynch in the forward pocket. It's a vital spot these days and I don't see Clay Smith being the versatile, nimble forward pocket type.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What about Gunston? I'd think the Hawks would be keen to trade back into the first round

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    What about Gunston? I'd think the Hawks would be keen to trade back into the first round
    I've mentioned him before, not any takers on here. His finals record is brilliant. If we are going to be playing in September for some time, I'd love to have him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Sam Reid just re-signed with the swanies
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Apparently Sam Reid just re-signed with the swanies
    Phew!

So who are now gettable with Reid & Jones signing, and want-able is the question?

Post Thanks / Like

I like your lateral thinking BT. Also think Webb looked alright playing high half forward against Bombers.

Post Thanks / Like

Me three for Gunston. Dickson looking the worst for wear. Perfect replacement. Is he versatile eg has he played in other positions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Surely pick 6 for Lachie Veale is far worse a manipulation of the trade system from us and Hawks, than say Tippett and pick 30 for pick 75 (St Kilda's 5th coming to us) They signed off on the Veale Deal.
    The Veale Deal was one of the primary reasons why the AFL changed its rules around trading so that the AFL has to tick off on all trades and must see them being reasonably fair in order to do so. At the time there was nothing the AFL could really do if clubs wanted to game the system as we and Hawthorn did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    The Veale Deal was one of the primary reasons why the AFL changed its rules around trading so that the AFL has to tick off on all trades and must see them being reasonably fair in order to do so. At the time there was nothing the AFL could really do if clubs wanted to game the system as we and Hawthorn did.
    As they should of. It was a pretty shitty thing to do, and everyone in even remote touch of it (the pick 6) including Nathan Brown and Essendon copped their karmic whack for it (Veale/Rawlings, Jacobs & Bradley stink it up, and poor Naf didn't fire a shot at Richmond).

Post Thanks / Like

How much would Jack Billings command to leave the saints?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How much would Jack Billings command to leave the saints?
    Never to be compared to the Bonts ever, ever again.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we are still good for HBFs next year, I wonder if JJ could be the quick and high pressure forward that can chase down tackle and rush opposition disposal. His goal kicking seems steady and overhead marking also seems ok. Or could we try Lynch in the forward pocket. It's a vital spot these days and I don't see Clay Smith being the versatile, nimble forward pocket type.
    JJ is actually more valuable running and bouncing off the HBF. We saw in the finals last year how damaging that can be.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I think he would be very hard to pry away from the Hawks. They'll let others go before Gunston
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd make some enquiries about Papley at the end of the season - smart, skilled, quick, natural goal kicker, great defensive pressure. Surely there will be a squeeze on their salary cap now that Reid has been re-signed.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"