Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    You would think we would be the " go to club" out of the three , Melbourne are looking like rabble again and Collingwood are going through a review of everything while we are just going to get better
    In what way?

Sure they were disappointing last week, but they have had a pretty solid year and seem to be on the right path.

2. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In what way?

Sure they were disappointing last week, but they have had a pretty solid year and seem to be on the right path.
    Up until a fortnight ago, I genuinely thought they were a dark horse for the flag. Not sure what's happened but at their best, they're capable of beating any team in the 8 in my opinion.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

They have dropped right away, they are tired and done , I guess this week will tell but they were terrible last week.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

They have dropped right away, they are tired and done , I guess this week will tell but they were terrible last week.
    They were terrible last week, but they were playing the 2nd placed team who put in one of their better performances of the year. We on the other hand had to battle our ass off to beat the bottom team.

And Lever's decision will be based on where he sees the team in the next 5-10 years, not right now... and Melbourne look as well positioned as anyone to be at the pointy end of the ladder through this period.

Post Thanks / Like

They were terrible last week, but they were playing the 2nd placed team who put in one of their better performances of the year. We on the other hand had to battle our ass off to beat the bottom team.

And Lever's decision will be based on where he sees the team in the next 5-10 years, not right now... and Melbourne look as well positioned as anyone to be at the pointy end of the ladder through this period.
    Melbourne have only won 2 of the last 6 games losing to teams above them, plus North in Hobart.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Melbourne have only won 2 of the last 6 games losing to teams above them, plus North in Hobart.
    Yet we are the flavour of the month again after winning games (not really convincingly) against 3 of the bottom 4 teams + Essendon.. No doubt Melbourne's form has dropped off, but across the year they have been pretty good and as with us have had their share of injuries to deal with.

8. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For all the news love going their way this year and all the hangover talk we have had to be a game clear of them is surprising.

They've dropped off for sure but they don't look like a rabble just yet. Lose this week and you'd have to question their mental toughness

Post Thanks / Like

And in the next 5 to 10 years I see us as being the team to be at the pointy end of the ladder more than Melbourne or Collingwood
    Why would you think Melbourne are better placed than us ?
    We have Boyd, going this year , Murphy and Morrid will be gone by the end of next year. We will have a backline that is around his age and players like the Bont, Stringer Macrae libber hunter at their best. Our list is very young and has a massive future over the next 5-10 years.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

And in the next 5 to 10 years I see us as being the team to be at the pointy end of the ladder more than Melbourne or Collingwood
    Why would you think Melbourne are better placed than us ?
    We have Boyd, going this year , Murphy and Morrid will be gone by the end of next year. We will have a backline that is around his age and players like the Bont, Stringer Macrae libber hunter at their best. Our list is very young and has a massive future over the next 5-10 years.
    Didn't say that they were.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't say that they were.
    Well I don't see them as well positioned as us , plus he is a Romsey , western jet boy, closer to home . If anything we suit him better than any team.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I think he played with Calder

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching box hill and Essendon and wonder if we'd look at Paul Puopolo.
    Out of contract at the end of 18. Could do with his forward pressure , although he turns 30 this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Levi Casboult should be in the mix. He's very much a structure player but we need a bit of that. Cloke and Redpath haven't quite worked out like we would have hoped and there must be a query on Crameri's future with us. A key forward who can play a role in the ruck and take a contested mark must have some appeal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if Levi Casboult should be in the mix. He's very much a structure player but we need a bit of that. Cloke and Redpath haven't quite worked out like we would have hoped and there must be a query on Crameri's future with us. A key forward who can play a role in the ruck and take a contested mark must have some appeal.
    I would certainly be making a pitch for him. He is the number one contested mark in the AFL and he is still only 27 years old (28 at the start of next season) He is also 201cm, making him handy. Of course his major issue is kicking goals, but I would still be interested.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also interested in casboult. Yes he can't kick. Either can most our fwd line, but what he can do is take a contested Mark, something 99% of our current fwd line can't do.

The guy with the most contested marks playing for Carlton. Imagine how many he could take with all our inside 50's.
    I will never see #16 the same!!