Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 38 of 142 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I'm also interested in casboult. Yes he can't kick. Either can most our fwd line, but what he can do is take a contested Mark, something 99% of our current fwd line can't do.

The guy with the most contested marks playing for Carlton. Imagine how many he could take with all our inside 50's.
    Check his stats this year, there has been some improvement.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

During Casboults last contract negotiations didnt we put an offer to him? Not sure whether to laugh or cry this time.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if Levi Casboult should be in the mix. He's very much a structure player but we need a bit of that. Cloke and Redpath haven't quite worked out like we would have hoped and there must be a query on Crameri's future with us. A key forward who can play a role in the ruck and take a contested mark must have some appeal.
    Isn't that what Tom Boyd is supposed to do?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Isn't that what Tom Boyd is supposed to do?
    Yes, we need two players taking a grab up forward

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Levi Casboult should be in the mix. He's very much a structure player but we need a bit of that. Cloke and Redpath haven't quite worked out like we would have hoped and there must be a query on Crameri's future with us. A key forward who can play a role in the ruck and take a contested mark must have some appeal.
    Carlton are hanging out for a team gullible enough to offer Casboult decent coin so that they can take the pick 18 odd as compo and run. He has one trick - great hands - and nothing else. His 2nd efforts are comically bad. Also doesn't have a big tank so cannot ruck for long periods. His one fantastic strength is nowhere near enough for us to consider him IMO.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

One thing cars auk has done that no other forward in the AFL seems to bother with is work on and improve his kickin, though he's coming from a low base.

Still a no from me for all the reasons Sedat said, he's basically a one trick pony. We'd be saying "why are we paying him all that money? At least Suckling can kick" In no time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Carlton are hanging out for a team gullible enough to offer Casboult decent coin so that they can take the pick 18 odd as compo and run. He has one trick - great hands - and nothing else. His 2nd efforts are comically bad. Also doesn't have a big tank so cannot ruck for long periods. His one fantastic strength is nowhere near enough for us to consider him IMO.
    Fair observation, he's kicked a few goals this year though so it's not just some marking power he provides.

I don't like using stats that much but his 2017 figures are at least interesting:
    10 disposals a game, 7 hit outs, just under 6 marks, just under 2 tackles and 31 goals 18 so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Swans are on a good stretch of performances but I wonder why Aliir Aliir isn't getting a game?
    From what I've seen of him there should be a few clubs interested. If we are as interested in Lever as is being reported I guess we wouldn't find Aliir that appealing but he could be a decent back up option if the Swans can't find a spot for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Swans are on a good stretch of performances but I wonder why Aliir Aliir isn't getting a game?
    From what I've seen of him there should be a few clubs interested. If we are as interested in Lever as is being reported I guess we wouldn't find Aliir that appealing but he could be a decent back up option if the Swans can't find a spot for him.
    From what I understand when he got dropped for missing training Lewis Melican came in and hasn't put a foot wrong. Will be interesting to see how bad Melican injury is from yesterday and if Allir is next in line.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    From what I understand when he got dropped for missing training Lewis Melican came in and hasn't put a foot wrong. Will be interesting to see how bad Melican injury is from yesterday and if Allir is next in line.
    Yep, got dropped for disciplinary reasons and can't get back. I'd take him over Lever,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd heard they were concerned with Allir's kicking , and needed to be worked on.
    Agree he's a viable alternative if Lever doesn't come

Post Thanks / Like

What are people's thoughts on Matt Taberner?
    Pretty good game in a team that got poleaxed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    According to Pickering, Carlton has offered up $400,000 and he won't accept it. story here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    According to Pickering, Carlton has offered up $400,000 and he won't accept it. story here
    Carlton might be strategically using free agency to get good compo returns. If they have pick 1 or 2 and 19 or 20, if they can get a club offering 3+ years on good coin to Casboult or Kruezer, they might have a very, very strong draft. They go to the draft with 4 picks inside the first 22 (maybe more if Gibbs trade happens) and then use late picks to try to fill the holes until their kids develop with targets like Tom Campbell or Jack Redpath (who another poster said they have interest in). I reckon their free agency compo would be a little better than a trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Casboult would be a huge blunder. Just another clogger who won't add anything we don't already have on the list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.