Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    And I see no downside to having 2x Easton Wood.
    Depends which model you get, Easton Wood of 2015-2016 is a welcomed addition to the team, but not so much the 2017 version.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the Dogs media dept gives the writer Peter Ryan a "Please Explain"

The article doesn't say anything. Seems like click bait to me.

Who is this guy and what credibility does he have? Did he hear it from some clown like Tony Sheahan and thats why there is no meat on the bones in the article? I'd wager a $ or two on that being the case.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I hope the Dogs media dept gives the writer Peter Ryan a "Please Explain"

The article doesn't say anything. Seems like click bait to me.

Who is this guy and what credibility does he have? Did he hear it from some clown like Tony Sheahan and thats why there is no meat on the bones in the article? I'd wager a $ or two on that being the case.
    Another article suggests we've pulled our offer

Post Thanks / Like

Lever is good and would have made our side not only a lot better, but would have instilled the confidence to play a different, more open style by allowing more faith to be placed in the back 6. I'm really unhappy he's knocked us back (reasonably certain this is what's happened reading between the lines).

Still think that KPD is our biggest hole. Hope we're in Allir Allir's ear.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Another article suggests we've pulled our offer
    I read that. Apparently we've become frustrated with the amount of time it's taking him to decide

Post Thanks / Like

FYI for the link. This one at least has a quote from Jakes manager

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ade...fb694be595af14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So apparently we're out of the race for Lever.

We're officially the new Collingwood of recruiting.
    At least he told us now and not halfway through the last day of trade week.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Too true. That would also stuff his FA window too.

It would be great for the rivalry to steal Kelly from them too, after Tom Boyd winning helping to win us a flag. And Sam Darley.
    Footscray premiership hero Sam Darley.

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I reckonLever's a fine prospect, but is his role any different fromEaston Wood? Doesn't get the big boys , and they had Keath on Franklin Friday night . I know I'm throwing up names, but would Zaharakis be on our radar ?
    I think we need Kelly more than we need Lever.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Twodogs, you were never sold on adding Lever to the side, what do you think we have dodged?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    FYI for the link. This one at least has a quote from Jakes manager

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ade...fb694be595af14
    If this is correct, and we're pulling our offer due to the time it's taking, then surely we have another big deal on the horizon. Why else would timing be such a factor?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If this is correct, and we're pulling our offer due to the time it's taking, then surely we have another big deal on the horizon. Why else would timing be such a factor?
    Or just that we don't want to get deep into our plans for trade period with uncertainty . I kinda think we got blindsided by Hurley last year and got somewhat caught with our trade pants down and did not have any other options to cover his change of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Or just that we don't want to get deep into our plans for trade period with uncertainty . I kinda think we got blindsided by Hurley last year and got somewhat caught with our trade pants down and did not have any other options to cover his change of mind.
    Hurley pulled out the very last minute due to a bigger offer from the Bummers then it was too late to look at anyone else.

I agree we want some certainty this year and need some time to work out another deal if we can't get Lever.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think it's more that we've cultivated an excess of cash to sign Lever, and want to find a way to best use it alternately, rather than be stranded with it and have a hole burning in our pocket. Would suck to be like North or Collingwood and be forced to overpay for leftovers after being spurned by a big fish.

I also think it's untrue and we've just been told by Jake that he doesn't want to play for us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, that's the catch from the trade side. North will have pick 1 to 4, St Kilda with two top 10 picks. So they're in the box seat. If we end up with pick 9, we are still going to have to put up something else. A good player who also frees up salary cap seems the obvious say to do unless GWS have someone in mind on our list.
    Spitballing here - Stringer and pick 9 for Kelly. Maybe we can also get GWS' 3rd round pick back seeing as they are highly unlikely to use it.

Pretty attractive option for GWS compared to just early picks. Depends what is coming through the pipe in their academy zone and whether or not they need the picks/points.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Depends which model you get, Easton Wood of 2015-2016 is a welcomed addition to the team, but not so much the 2017 version.
    I could say something similar about many otherbulldogs players. Wood has been well off his best but better than plenty of teammates. I'm pretty confident he can recapture his form next year.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Spitballing here - Stringer and pick 9 for Kelly. Maybe we can also get GWS' 3rd round pick back seeing as they are highly unlikely to use it.

Pretty attractive option for GWS compared to just early picks. Depends what is coming through the pipe in their academy zone and whether or not they need the picks/points.
    I suspect something like that is what will be required. Either Stringer directly, or if we can get a good offer for him, then that and pick 9.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023