Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 55 of 142 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd forgotten who did it but still feel pissy about it. If that is his son he is not welcome
    It says right there in the bible that the sins of the fathers will be revisited upon the sons.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Provides Zero forward pressure.

Yeah, not real keen either.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    One outside of the box; Jack Lonie from St Kilda?

Isn't in their 22 at the minute and don't think he'd cost a heap, but fills a role that we're in sore need of (small forward) and is a fantastic tackler and pressure act player at his best. Has some tricks too. He's a tiny dude, but I don't think it would be a bad fit for team balance, as we aren't going to see him and Daniel (and to a lesser extent Dahlhaus) on the same line.

I'd prefer him to Matera. Not sure of his contract status though.
    He and I are members at the same golf club. I've played with him once, he seems like a good young fella who is realistic about his game and progress as an AFL player to date.

From what I've seen we could certainly use his pace, not sure of his finishing skills and polish.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone keen on Mark Blicavs as a second ruck/forward? ( Apologies if he has been mentioned previously. )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone keen on Mark Blicavs as a second ruck/forward? ( Apologies if he has been mentioned previously. )
    GVGjr very keen
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't in their 22 at the minute and don't think he'd cost a heap, but fills a role that we're in sore need of (small forward) and is a fantastic tackler and pressure act player at his best. Has some tricks too. He's a tiny dude, but I don't think it would be a bad fit for team balance, as we aren't going to see him and Daniel (and to a lesser extent Dahlhaus) on the same line.

Not a bad suggestion for a possible bargain basement pickup. I would suggest Matera would be fair bit more talented though but would cost more accordingly. Lonie is uncontracted and probably a potential delisting candidate.

Someone like him or a Papley type from a state league for a rookie or final list spot could be worth considering.

Post Thanks / Like

Can he play forward though? Has kicked 34 goals in 106 games.

He was most effective as a tall midfielder that could go third man up, but that party is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd forgotten who did it but still feel pissy about it. If that is his son he is not welcome
    Just a bit of trivia, I think many thought we were going to draft Jayden Foster but then it was reported that we were interested in Harry Dear. The footy world can be quite small
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    GVGjr very keen
    Yes, I think he can play as a midfielder and as a ruckman. Perhaps he could also be used as a tall defender.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

One of a handful of players I can't stand and don't rate. Right up there with Baguely from Essendon. Likes to niggle but at his size it is laughable. No from me.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who suffered through my top 20 post in his draft year would recall I rated him highly. Has a few tricks and could be a good option for us with more class than we hold in that position. Would probably mean the end of HC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Anyone who suffered through my top 20 post in his draft year would recall I rated him highly. Has a few tricks and could be a good option for us with more class than we hold in that position. Would probably mean the end of HC.
    Highly? You had him at 1 didn't you...

Every time I see him play, I think of you. I haven't heard that much love for a player since that bloke on here who was talking up Jarrad Grant all the time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Highly? You had him at 1 didn't you...

Every time I see him play, I think of you. I haven't heard that a much love since that bloke on here talking up Jarrad Grant.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still learning how to put words together. Thank you for correcting my English. Merry New Year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still learning how to put words together. Thank you for correcting my English. Merry New Year.