Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 94 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It's tied into where we finish isn't it?
    I believe it is. So if he stays and helps us win a premiership I'm happy to receive pick 18.

If he helps us to improve to get 4th we would end up with pick 14 which is the same or better (early second) than Lloyd and Watson seem to suggest.

Essendon currently have pick 11 this season. For a drop of ~3/4 spots after pick 10 I'd rather keep him for another season.

We absolutely shouldn't be accepting less than a top 10 pick.

2. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Both him and Watson think a late first or early second. That's rubbish but I take the point that IF we are instigating the trade we lose currency. In that case we have to hope for a bidding war. Hopefully saints and north get involved
    An early second? If that's the case, Jake can rot in the VFL for a year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd & Watson are spruiking for their club and hoping to condition us to accept a lesser deal. much like real estate agents do.

stringer is contracted. we hold the aces and shouldn't let him go unless we are getting well compensated.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Both him and Watson think a late first or early second. That's rubbish but I take the point that IF we are instigating the trade we lose currency. In that case we have to hope for a bidding war. Hopefully saints and north get involved
    He's under contract in 2018 and there are at least 5 Vic based clubs publicly interested in him in light of the rumours that Stringer had coffee with SOS this morning. It has overs written all over it for the successful bidder.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    We lose currency only if we are willing to lose currency. He has a year left on his contract and if he wants a good contract he will need to play well next year. If he does we can decide again if we want to keep him but free agency compensation will almost certainly be a good first round pick especially if he plays well next year.
    He isn'e eligible for free agency next year TD.

I feel sick in the guts at the thought of Jake going. Whoever gets him will be getting the bargain of a lifetime. We love giving out bargains! Hrovat & Stevens are best 22 players for their new teams & we got nothing for them. Let me guess that all the teams we have a good trading relationship with will be sniffing around for another bargain. Who wouldn't want to trade with us? I thought we were in the business of making our club better not others.

All the talk would have us believe that we are going to embark on a fire sale this trade period. Gee, i can't wait for trade week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's under contract in 2018 and there are at least 5 Vic based clubs publicly interested in him in light of the rumours that Stringer had coffee with SOS this morning. It has overs written all over it for the successful bidder.
    You're dreaming Sedat if you think whoever gets Jake will be paying overs. Yep he's had a crap year & a half but there is nobody in the comp who can do what Jake does. Who can make goals out of nothing inside forward 50, then go into a centre bounce, win a clearance with lightning speed & kick a goal from 55-60m? There are players who can do one or the other, not both!

He will get it together eventually & if he goes he'll probably get it together earlier. He will tear the comp apart & everyone will be saying 'what did the doggies get for Jake again?'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    He isn'e eligible for free agency next year TD.

I feel sick in the guts at the thought of Jake going. Whoever gets him will be getting the bargain of a lifetime. We love giving out bargains! Hrovat & Stevens are best 22 players for their new teams & we got nothing for them. Let me guess that all the teams we have a good trading relationship with will be sniffing around for another bargain. Who wouldn't want to trade with us? I thought we were in the business of making our club better not others.

All the talk would have us believe that we are going to embark on a fire sale this trade period. Gee, i can't wait for trade week!
    Disagree, Hrovat's getting a game in a crap side ( big deal) and Stevens is what we have in spades . Fringe players getting a gig at another club . What were you expecting ? Hamling wants to go home ( out of contract, and an ill family member) Sydney are a team who also have the same motto, I give you Shane Biggs . I think supporters should stop drinking the copious amounts of media kool aid and just wait for the actual trade period .

Post Thanks / Like

You're dreaming Sedat if you think whoever gets Jake will be paying overs. Yep he's had a crap year & a half but there is nobody in the comp who can do what Jake does. Who can make goals out of nothing inside forward 50, then go into a centre bounce, win a clearance with lightning speed & kick a goal from 55-60m? There are players who can do one or the other, not both!

He will get it together eventually & if he goes he'll probably get it together earlier. He will tear the comp apart & everyone will be saying 'what did the doggies get for Jake again?'.
    Little bit presumptuous there

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Disagree, Hrovat's getting a game in a crap side ( big deal) and Stevens is what we have in spades . Fringe players getting a gig at another club . What were you expecting ? Hamling wants to go home ( out of contract, and an ill family member) Sydney are a team who also have the same motto, I give you Shane Biggs . I think supporters should stop drinking the copious amounts of media kool aid and just wait for the actual trade period .
    Crap or not both are best 22 players. Fact! What did i expect? Wasn't expecting much but we got nothing! Biggs would have been delisted & 16 other clubs didn't even know who Biggs was.

I personally think we are very ordinary at the trade table & teams rub their hands together when they know they are dealing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Little bit presumptuous there

So is thinking we'll be the winners in trading Jake.

Post Thanks / Like

He can do all those things but he can also go completely missing for 60 minutes in a game. We're talking about someone who has been in the system for 5 years now, not a rookie. Will he ever get better and will he do it on a consistent basis? He's been average to poor for 2 years now.

Whether he stays or goes he will always be a premiership hero to me.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He can do all those things but he can also go completely missing for 60 minutes in a game. We're talking about someone who has been in the system for 5 years now, not a rookie. Will he ever get better and will he do it on a consistent basis? He's been average to poor for 2 years now.

Whether he stays or goes he will always be a premiership hero to me.
    Two years is an exaggeration. He was good for the first half of last year but things went south once his relationship with his ex was over. He is only 23 & a father of 2 who doesn't get to see his kids everyday, if that was me i'd be a broken man. He needs to mature & have a settled family life but once that happens we've seen what he can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Crap or not both are best 22 players. Fact! What did i expect? Wasn't expecting much but we got nothing! Biggs would have been delisted & 16 other clubs didn't even know who Biggs was.

I personally think we are very ordinary at the trade table & teams rub their hands together when they know they are dealing with us.
    Hrovat and Stevens are ordinary players that averaged under 20 disposals per game this year. Remi is right, we have plenty of those type of players.

We (supporters) tend to over rate our players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two years is an exaggeration. He was good for the first half of last year but things went south once his relationship with his ex was over. He is only 23 & a father of 2 who doesn't get to see his kids everyday, if that was me i'd be a broken man. He needs to mature & have a settled family life but once that happens we've seen what he can do.
    How long do we give him to sort that side of his life out? If he isn't being a positive influence around the club at some point you have to cut your ties.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hrovat and Stevens are ordinary players that averaged under 20 disposals per game this year. Remi is right, we have plenty of those type of players.

We (supporters) tend to over rate our players.
    Yeah & we over rate the bloke doing the trading as well.